Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

err.. Gonna need a little more info please. What kind of motherboard? DL AIDA if you dont have it allready and that should tell u all about ur system.

But ya a new processor, prob new motherboard, and 512mb more ram would help.
    Race : Mithra
    Main Job : Thief / Ranger
    Linkshell :
    Lunarians

Comment

Originally posted by EdLev
      My vid card is screwing me over.

1800 average score on high res...-sigh-
      2900 average on low res, but...FFXI on low res?!

These are my stats:
      Pentium 4 2.53 ghz
      512 MB PC800 RDRAM (or RAMBUS)
      GeForce 3 Ti 200 128 MB (see?)
      Windows 2000 Pro
      And a 40 gig HD (recently defragmented and cleaned).
      i have the same motherboard/cpu/ram, but a ti 4200 64mb. guess second bench focuses on gpu, not cpu. guess ide get 4000+ on high with 9600pro

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
      Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

New Bench Low Res= 5951 , High Res= 5115

specs are
        2.8 pentium4
        radeon 9800 (not pro)
        1024 dual channal.
        Hume Male
        1 War

Comment

if you didn't already turn off hyperthreading (got to go into bios, it's right there), you should. you may get 5300 on high, while im stuck with 3300

Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion

Comment

I downloaded the new bios from intel for my Mboard and tweaked a little more my Vcard and there is the change in my score.

Old: 5570 (didnt make a new test, then its with my old config)

New-Low: from 5200 to 5275
            New-High: from 3850 to 4275 (major dif)

MBoard: Intel D875PBZ 533-800 fsb
            CPU: Intel P4 2.4c 800fsb HT
            Vcard: ATI Radeon 9600pro 128mb (from 465/337 to 485/350)
            Ram: 1.5g DDR ram pc3200 (2x512 + 2x256)
            HDD: 80gig Maxtor 7200rpm
            Scard: SBlive 5.1 (who cares :confused: )

Do anyone know if i can overclock my cpu with that Mboard, i tried but it seems Intel makes that impossible.) Maybe a little teaching of Overclocking for Dummies would be nice.
            DRK 48 : WAR 31 : BLM 25 : RDM 17 : PLD 10 : NIN 10 : SAM 9 : BRD 8

RSE: 4/4
            DRK AF: 1/6

Cooking: 37

Comment

I just got the wierdest response from the bench

i ran the bech in a method which should have stopped it. i had 7 IE windows (each using 5mb RAM, 15mb VM), windows media player (7 mb Ram, 16mb VM), and aim (11mb ram, 5mb VM).
              i ran it first on low, and i got 4425, in the normal average for my low score. then i ran it on high, although the sound was almost impossible to hear (meaning it was running on the edge), i got a 3240, just about 200 points lower than my normal on high. i guess this bench has some error, or it is the most effective bench i have seen.

my computer was using 100% cpu, >400mb ram, >500mb VM. is that odd aerobahn?

Comment

Nope. Running XP right?

Because that was the main program running, Xp Made it a CPU priority. When it ran out of ram it shoved all the other programs into VM. But after that your system was more or less 100%dedicated to the benchmark. The reason why you only got a few points lower was because the inital task for allocating the resources and moving the other apps into VM. .

Because I have 1 gig of ram. Allow me to do a test.
                I will be *running WMP playing "Audio Slave"*. Have 10 webpages open 1 including a flash visual. Trillian and MS Paint with a crappy stick figure that i just drew. Scores are as followed.
                low 8187
                high 7740

hmmm Because windows had enough memory to do both, and the fact that i turned off VM there was no reall hit on preformence (hyperthreading had its role to play as well) .

Ahhh the joys of 1 gig of ram. Please go to newegg right now and buy another stick of ram

Comment

High: about 1500 (never more than 10-20 more or less than that)
                  Low: about 2700

P4 2.53 gig
                  265 DDR SDRAM
                  64MB DDR GeForce4 MX 420

Even with other various programs running, the scores aren't very different from a fresh boot while being totally cleaned (which I've been doing a lot since I got the bench. :x)

I believe all I need to improve my score is another stick of RAM, but I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to increase my score without making any purchases.

NOTE: I more or less know shit about computers, so you may have to go into relatively deep detail and tell me exactly where I need to go and what I need to do if you help me.
                  Rude, but not wrong. ;x
                  Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
                  'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
                  'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
                  Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
                  Private First Class
                  Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
                  Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
                  "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

well besides the ram.. im sorry to say your graphics card is very lacking. If you have any hopes as to having a higher score you will need to buy 2 things, Ram and a new graphics card. There's really nothing else you can do. sorry man

Comment

Hmmm...ok, but I HAVE noticed people who have older/crappier graphics cards still scoring higher than me in high res by 500-700 points.
                      They usually have more RAM than I do, so I believe that's all I need.

EDIT: Hey, is screwing with pagefile worth it? I have a lot of space I doubt I'm gunna use any time soon.

My HD is (apparently) 60gig WDC something or other
                      Rude, but not wrong. ;x
                      Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
                      'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
                      'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
                      Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
                      Private First Class
                      Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
                      Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
                      "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

well sure adding more ram will help alot. but your grahics card will kill you. cant get 100 bucks?

well pagefile tweaking will help. But the whole point is not to use it...

Comment

Benchmark's in sig.

Hey Aero, that pci blower thing you were talking about, what way is yours facing? drawing air onto, or away from the graphics card?
                          -Baka Inu!
                          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

lol I dont have one. I water cool:

But I have heard the Suck vs Blow debate a million times in a million forums.

Because the Nature of the Pci fan I would have it blowing.

Make sure your Pci fan has that option as well :p

Comment

help..............

got a new pc 2 month's ago just so i could play FFXI , but on the bench mark test got 2099L and 695H ?
                              got 512 ram , pentium4 2.66 ghz, nvidia g-force 4 68mb unshared, 60 GB hdd ?? when on the high res test the picture keep's sticking and freezing ? is there anything i can do to tweak my system?

Comment

sure but the most it could do is bring up your score a few hundred points... its your graphics card...

Comment

Working...
                                X