Temporary FFXI & FFXIV Server Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Temporary FFXI & FFXIV Server Shutdown

While it seems to be a mostly supportive crowd, for those that don't understand:

The 8.9 Earthquake caused a Tsunami that wiped the area of and around Sendai. There are AT LEAST 10,000 deaths. There are hospitals and shelters with way more people struggling with the clothes on their back and very little to no supplies and heat in that area (yes, it can still get cold at night here in Japan). People have lost family members. Tokyo is having rolling blackouts to support this (the different wards are "taking turns" sacrificing their power for 3-6 hours a day) just so survivors can be relatively (which I use loosely) healthy. Gasoline is being RATIONED. Workers from around the world have flown in to help out. A ton of food and money is being donated to help the cause.

If you still have problems with the server outage, you need to cancel your subscription, and realize there is a world out there and it is NOT just in a video game. You DO NOT have it bad.

(*Directed at the addicts, I realize most people are not addicted to this game and have no problem with the outage.)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

https://american.redcross.org/site/S...c=RSG000000000
    Last edited by Susurrus; 03-14-2011, 02:53 AM.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

It's really incredible how much everyone is working for this. Almost all of the stores I went to were operating under some kind of reduced facility-- elevators in a lot of places were out over the weekend simply because "there's been an earthquake, and there will be aftershocks, don't go in there stupid", but now escalators are down too. Keep in mind that almost everything around here is at least three or four stories. The supermarkets were absolutely crammed full of people-- pretty much every single one I went into was either running low or just plain out of entire shelves of food; vegetables, fruits, gone. The one nearest my house has an aisle of cup noodle and the like-- it was completely bare. There was not a single one left.

Their lights were turned down, and most stores are closing earlier than normal to conserve energy (one does kinda wonder how much energy they save if it means people go to their own homes/apartments, but whatever); in fact one store I was planning to go to on my way back home had moved their regular hours from 9PM close to 7:30-- and when I got there, they'd already closed. At 3PM. I'm guessing there was just nothing left to sell.

The rolling blackouts didn't hit my city tonight, although we were expecting them. Pure hearsay, but I've heard people saying that the electric company has stated this could go until May.

Comment

oh my.... well I hope every thing turns out ok, wish my job had some sort of thing to where I could help out. Guess it would not make sense anyway we are a on site tech company for dell/gateway -.-
        Last edited by Kailea; 03-14-2011, 07:47 AM.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO I CAN'T PLAY FFXI!
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO I CAN'T PLAY FFXI!
            Four Heroes of Light.

Get on that.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

http://www.ff4heroes.com/na/ - ERROR ESTABLISHING DATABASE CONNECTION

Thanks for that asshole, just rub it in.

Besides, I don't own any namby pamby handhelds.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                namby pamby

YA JACKWAGON!
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

That guy is a hoot.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Shockingly enough, while I have a lot of depression and self-confidence issues, getting yelled at by Drill Sergeants didn't bother me all that much. Then again, I'd put up with the same kind of bitching for 20ish years from my mother so I was pretty used to it, so I mostly just ended up laughing all of it off. Which caused even more yelling and often the need to do push-ups.

Oh well. I guess you can't really break someone if they're already broken, right? :/
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      Oh well. I guess you can't really break someone if they're already broken, right? :/

HOOGE picture because we <3 Aky thaaaaaaaat much
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Re: Temporary FFXI &amp; FFXIV Server Shutdown

Although that image is ZOMGWTF HUEG RAWR to you too.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think we should all pitch in and send Feba a crate of cup noodles. Seriously though, I hope you don't end up starving over there if it's getting bad enough for stores to close 4+ hours earlier than normal.

Comment

Is the mail service even running right now? I'd be up for that as I'd like to donate but can't really afford it - noodles, well, I've got those. I'm poor. Ramen. I haz dem. But I don't think we'd be able to really ensure anything would get straight to him at this point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Can I send him a crate of noodles and a throat punch? Because I worry for him, but this IS Feba. He has earned the throat punch.

Comment

Make that two, please.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X