Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Temporary FFXI & FFXIV Server Shutdown

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Posted this in another thread, but I think this could very well kill FFXIV. People log off for a week and they may lose their desire to play entirely. The already dwindling numbers plus the lack of profit at all for that game could very well end it.

Not sure how the numbers are looking for the game right now, but with its poor launch, its current F2P state, and now a forced week (or more) off for circumstances beyond anyone's control, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if it happened. Though one could argue XIV has been dying since it launched, this could be the final straw.

We'll see. It would suck, but SE is losing a crapload of money right now, especially with an upcoming free month of FFXI. I wouldn't be all that shocked if they pulled it and said, "Screw it."
    If FFXIV were to shut down, maybe they could focus their efforts back on the FFXI community and provide us with some updates... or maybe some expansions with new (not just re-skinned) areas.

*credit for that last bit goes to Aks*

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      One week is too long bring back FFXI NOW

This post on the official forums made my physically sick and ashamed to be associated with the Final Fantasy fanbase.

Sometimes I just want to strangle the vast bulk of the internet...
      At least the replies to the OP show there are some adults with basic humanity lurking around.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

"Lurk" is popular word to use today. I've seen it crop up in at least 5 posts today

I approve

not of LURKING... but of the word "Lurk" itself. It's fun to use.

Comment

Say it like fifty times fast. It's like the sound of a giant monster slurping up Lake Michigan or something. Lurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurkvlurklurklurk

Words are silly as hell the more you repeat them.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

From the official forums:

this actually works out... my girlfriend has the next week of work off for her birthday and i was trying to think of a way not to ignore her and play ffxi....

thank you natural disasters

you saved my relationship
          Loooooooool
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

wow. i have no words for that.

Comment

I know that guy's gotta be trolling, amongst all the other crap it's a post that tries to be funny and kind of works, but can't honestly be serious.

There was so much other crap going on in the thread around that guy's post that no one even noticed it amongst their arguments.
              sigpic

Comment

This post on the official forums made me physically sick and ashamed to be associated with the Final Fantasy fanbase.

On the bright side, at least its clear you don't know where the deepest depths of MMO addiction can take you. This is one of those "dies in the game, dies for real" types of people. A Princess to end all Princesses, if you will. They are beyond hope, help and reasoning with.

Comment

Well this blows. Probably means the update is going to get pushed back as well God damn it all. At least we're not getting billed for this month.

Here's hoping everything goes OK over there though with the recovery effort & all. I hope they banned the idiot bitching about a week being too long.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

They won't. They'll keep banning people who try to pay them with perfectly legit cards.

(Yes, I MAD)
                    sigpic

Comment

They won't. They'll keep banning people who try to pay them with perfectly legit cards.

(Yes, I MAD)
                      Lmao... Oh Aks... It wasn't your card. You know what it was... c'mon.

You eat babies... admit it. They banned you because you eat babies.

Comment

If by babies you mean DELICIOUS TARUTARU then yes, I eat babies.

NOM NOM NOM
                        sigpic

Comment

but think of all the RMT's
                          I've been gone from the internet more or less since November. Newish job and just no time to get online. We still have RMT?

The whole quake/tsunami is just bad news all around. Here's to hoping that not too many people got hurt and for a speedy recovery in the areas affected by this.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Been playing Minecraft today.

Dragged in my old map from before biomes were implemented and started playing that a bit.

Then I found out how to get the stupid game to work like it should. See, on Mac, I can't get it to run properly. There's no sound, and if you exit to the title menu, it hangs when you start the game again. If I'm lucky, it'll eventually give an out of memory error and not have to be force-quit. (It also hangs going into the Nether world for the same reason).

Basically, I found out that the Mac launcher program is shit, and if I use the Linux instructions, it works perfectly. So now I'm going back to my second map and trying out the nether portal I made a while back.
                            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

If by babies you mean DELICIOUS TARUTARU then yes, I eat babies.

NOM NOM NOM
                              ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

This post on the official forums made my physically sick and ashamed to be associated with the Final Fantasy fanbase.

Yes... the OP is pretty disappointing... but what follows by many many people clearly shows the OP is in the minority. As it should be. The other I didn't like to see is the one concerned about their stones accruing being a silver lining. No, the silver fucking lining is that people who desperately need the power and resources (human and otherwise) to survive are getting just a bit more because SE is doing this. I fully support SE.

I liked the idea presented to donate what you would have spent on April's subscription fee to relief efforts. Personally, I plan to give more than that. I still haven't heard any word about my foreign exchange host family I had way back in HS. God, I hope they are all okay.

The images are gut wrenching. My heart goes out to those closely affected by this tragedy (that excludes the whiners about FF??? being shut down for the good of an entire nation.
                                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X