FFXIV BETA Test Application has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIV BETA Test Application has begun

So ya, totally forgot my Square-Enix ID and password and took be 45 minutes of trying random combinations that I have used in the past to get it right. Glad I was able to fish up my token from the abyss of boxes from moving, cause I never de-assigned it after I quit.
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Didn't know about this until 5 minutes ago just browsing the web, then decided to see if there where any updates. Then there was that button... In all its glory, telling me to click it over and over....

Then I couldn't figure out my SE info.... XD

But I eventually got it right and signed up... Hope I get in as well as a few of my friends... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        Yeah, except that's a horrible way for SE to judge tester quality. Maybe it would be a good way to establish FFXI-2 and make as many existing FFXI players happy as you possibly could, but if you want to start what basically amounts to a new (sub-)franchise, you want to have a much broader base to draw from.

By only drawing people who already play FFXI, you only draw people who are much more likely to overlook faults in FFXIV because they already exist in FFXI; you don't draw people who may be confused by things that FFXI players already are familiar with; and you may see people bringing in FFXI's tactics and trying to apply them to FFXIV, which may not be a desirable goal.

"FFXI LOVERS ONRY" may sound nice from a personal vengeance point of view, but it's terrible business sense.
        Sad thing will be these "non-ffxi'er" or "existing" ffxi haters will very likely hate the game consider ffxiv is very similar to ffxi. They will be the one that going to give FFXIV a bad name which form the "barrier" to new curious player.
        -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
          Sad thing will be these "non-ffxi'er" or "existing" ffxi haters will very likely hate the game consider ffxiv is very similar to ffxi. They will be the one that going to give FFXIV a bad name which form the "barrier" to new curious player.
          From my experience, most people don't hate FFXI-- they've just never heard of it.
          "What? It's not a single player game?" is the response I typically get when it's brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
            FFXIV, is nothing like FFXI from what we have seen so far.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
              FFXIV, is nothing like FFXI from what we have seen so far.

You are the only one still telling yourself this.

Shit, even I am ready to give the game a fair shot despite all the HD remix trolling I do, but you have to be wearing some massive fanboy goggles to not see all the similarities between XI and XIV.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
                Shit, even I am ready to give the game a fair shot despite all the HD remix trolling I do, but you have to be wearing some massive fanboy goggles to not see all the similarities between XI and XIV.
                The only "real" similiraties are the races, the crystals (But they are in ALL FF games), and the back story.... But other than that.. Thats really it.

Comment

I have no "fanboy goggles" or what ever retarded reason you want to give it.

From what I have seen from the game, and I am looking at it strictly on the menu/battle/crafting/class systems. It is nothing like FFXI, yeah the races may look similar and some of the zones we have seen so far have some likenesses, but other then that FFXIV is not FFXI 2 -.-

Comment

nope hes not, the majority of the FFXI community sees this game for what it is, a NEW FF MMO. As its been said before, and I'll say it again, as much as some zones may look similar, remember you can only make so many variations of different areas (deserts, caves, forests, etc).

You keep telling yourself this is only FFXI-2, it'll be all the funnier if and when you play the game and realize that it aint, and I hope to the powers that be that someone is there to tell you "Ha! I told you so".

Moving on, this sucks, I dont have a computer powerful enough to play this on PC oh well, I'll sign up anyways, and hope the beta doesn't start before tax time so I can use my income tax to buy a sweet rig.
                    Originally posted by Van Wilder
                    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

mmm new PC would be nice, but I think mine can hold out (or atleast I hope it can) for another 3 years before I need to buy all new stuff

I am starting to learn, and have to deal with the fact, that I cant run games in 1920x1080 and have any other fancy stuff turned on.

Comment

Job system - Very different. What once were side jobs are now professions with a far more critical role to play in the scope of th egame.

Weapon Degradation - This alone will make FFXI and FFXIV feel like night and day. You can't just have the best NM drop and be King Shit all the time. Welcome to where Ranger, Ninja and Corsair have been living the entire game. Every other job has just just worry about gear, an expense that eventually drops off and ceases, now you will always have to concern yourself with maintaining gear.

I don't expect it to be the fucking joke it is in WoW, either. Especially if they want Blacksmith to be a serious profession.

All Final Fantasy games bear similarities, but all Final Fantasys also do different things. Yeah, the races are the same. Yeah, some of the places we've seen bear a similar landscape, though I wouldn't just say that's because of FFXI but also the cultures the races are themed after. Kinda dumb to have a highlander faction if the place doesn't look like it was pulled out of Scotland.
                        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Re: BETA Test Application has begun

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          I'd sign up if in doubt. The questionnaire they have you answer asks your PC specs, so they might do the job of deciding if your laptop is too subpar for you.
                          Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie

... actually if people lie they're gonna take up invite slots that could be used for others.

So don't lie.

This is Beta, not a free-pass.

Just saying.
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yes, they aren't similar
                            You have a "hand to hand class, an armor wearing class with a shield and a sword, a mage user with a staff, an archer that use bows, and everyone want a healer."

The differences might be... OMG NO MORE BRDS, no more pricks that think they are superior being a rare necessary job.

What they are making here is FFXI meet star wars galaxy, they just pull the crafting jobs into the fighting jobs.
                            -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by Everyone
                              hurr
                              Cool stories bros.

I really don't care how you guys want to rationalize it to yourselves. My eyes are open and I see FFXIV for what SE has currently shown it to be: really similar to FFXI.

I want it to be an amazing new game just as much as anyone else that liked FFXI does, but based on what SE has shown us so far I am not getting my hopes up yet.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Crap that I repeat over and over and offer nothing constructive.
                                Cool story bro.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Working...
                                X