Square-Enix to make worldwide simultaneous new releases "the norm"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Square-Enix to make worldwide simultaneous new releases "the norm"

so are they releasing a new kingdom hearts? i loved the thought of that game. even got my wife to play it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
      Whats easier, to tell whole countries to stop using PAL, or to tell a company to get both formats ready for worldwide release?...

I really doubt its the former ;|

When FFXII came out in europe, I didnt even want to play it anymore. How would you like that?
      Well I think it's just about time developers realise that the gaming community is among the highest in european countries than north america and japan at the moment.

And bah, who wants to use NTSC when PAL is far superior?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by Omecle View Post
        Well I think it's just about time developers realise that the gaming community is among the highest in european countries than north america and japan at the moment.

And bah, who wants to use NTSC when PAL is far superior?
        Who cares about NTSC or PAL when 720p and 1080p trump both?

For what it's worth, the European market for gaming (collectively) is larger than Japan, but smaller than North America. Japan's primary importance is due to the high concentration of game developers there, as well as the high attach rate among its population, and less about the absolute size of the market (though it's still substantial, especially for such a small country).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
          For what it's worth, the European market for gaming (collectively) is larger than Japan, but smaller than North America. Japan's primary importance is due to the high concentration of game developers there, as well as the high attach rate among its population, and less about the absolute size of the market (though it's still substantial, especially for such a small country).
          I was about to say, per capita, Japan has a larger population of gamers in their country. However, I understand what you mean when you say that their country is smaller. Simultaneous releasing a title may also generate more revenue for Square-Enix, everyone will be rushing to the stores on that day instead of hearing about the game for a month or two and not wanting to even bother after that. Murphie is right, when importing it is very costly because you are not generating economy for your own country, and they want to make sure you make up for that in taxation. When I lived in London, I would import games and it was not cheap by any means. That is why I moved to the United States, now I get the games a month sooner. Next step is to move to Japan

Comment

SquareEnix Australia Inc. {Can I have it?} {Yes, please.}

Seriously, we need more decent gaming companies here. We're not just another EU country. We're our own country.

So much hype is around, especially the recent months for the IT/gaming industry to be more around Australia. I only know of two that are here. Activision and Electronic Arts.

SquareEnix Australia, make it happen and I'll sign up.

Selphiie the Enchantress is ftmfw.

Comment

Working...
            X