ARR Beta Screenies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARR Beta Screenies!

Due to the fact that posting a large amount of detached images causes the homepage to become congested with an annoying long string of pictures, I'm typing out this long-winded and admittedly needless message to hopefully prevent some of the congestion.

In any event, enjoy the screens I dug up and hosted for easy viewing here on our own forum. I personally like the High Res shot of Cid and the gameplay shot of the Chocobos mid-jump.

I've had my reservations on how the game would turn out, but never once did I question how beautiful it would inevitably look. I'm glad to see screens to prove that faith can be restored... at least in small doses over a long period of time.

Oh Yoshi P... you're the Preparation H to our SE hemroids. You know... because they're still there... they just hurt less with you around.

Yeah. I went there. Suck it, Tanaka.

... and have some High Res Screens from the Opening CS

Last edited by Yygdrasil; 01-16-2013, 10:41 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: ARR Beta Screenies!

*random doom and gloom comment* ^.^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm having withdrawals already. Beta can't start soon enough.

Comment

Yeah ; ~ ;

I really want to see how PLD has changed to cope with the faster pace of combat.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

what fast pace combat?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
              what fast pace combat?
              The combat is a good number of steps faster then FFXIV 1.0

Comment

ifd it was all about gfx... this game would win everything

- - - Updated - - -

very impressed with the ingame shadows and especially this effect:

the clipping at the bottom of that dark sphere is amazingly done, Square will always impress me with their attention to detail, and graphic clipping is one of those peeves I got that always seems to be present in every game, where other speciallists dont pay particular attention to "that kind of crap, because nobody cares" SE always goes that extra mile to make sure things look natural in the environment.

i was always impressed at how organic everything looked in XI, how trees and stones don't just pop out of thin air.. they belong there and its all very seamless

also loving the UI so far, what a huge improvement, just hope its easier to navigate this time

really rooting for this game.
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

honestly as it stands so far, this would be the perfect example of a "Gaming Phoenix" ;p

Crashed, burned, then raised again, better, stronger, sexier

Comment

and with adjustable bewbs! ~ . ~
                    sigpic

Comment

bbeeewwwwwb slider lol ;p oddly enough I never like "my girls" to have huge pillows, as most of the time I play catgirls, or small sized people, so DDD boobs just never looked right. I like how SE does limit the size depending on what race you are (and yes there was a group of people complaining about this lol) Depending on how the slider is in the game, I go for slightly above the "average" mark on the scale.

Comment

Eh, even the very large wasn't really overly huge though - certainly not stereotypical anime huge; far from it.

I took it 'cause it honestly struck me as C-cup, possibly borderline D. Long as they fit in the palm of your hands, it's all good - anything bigger is a waste (and a burden in all honestly, large racks aren't easy on the spine).
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah all the sliders are in line with the races features, I liked that. Some games just let you go all crazy with sliders and it tends to make most of the characters come out like crap (PSO2 does a great job as well with sliders)

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                            The combat is a good number of steps faster then FFXIV 1.0
                            idk, waiting for TP seemed like it took forever. However, I did like how the connection of the server was compared to 1.0's alpha.

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                              idk, waiting for TP seemed like it took forever. However, I did like how the connection of the server was compared to 1.0's alpha.
                              No, it's fast combat, a lot faster in 1.0 and almost too fast at times. I could get some nice string of lucky crits and go through 3 or 4 same level mobs in under a minute. I can only imagine AOE classes going through tons more in the same period of time. That's definitely WoW-like.

You just need to manage TP better and make sure you're using abilities in the "most efficient order" that allows faster TP replenishment and/or slower TP drainage.

Comment

Working...
                              X