Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[dev1087-1091] Job Adjustments (SMN, DRG, SAM, BST, WHM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [dev1087-1091] Job Adjustments (SMN, DRG, SAM, BST, WHM)

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Araise (Lv. 99)
    - Revives and bestows Reraise III upon target PC.
    - The revived target will suffer from weakness for three minutes.
    It was as though thousands of crafters cried out and were suddenly silenced.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

It was as though thousands of crafters cried out and were suddenly silenced.
      Don't get your hopes up, it probably has to revive you for the Reraise to stick.

Comment

It does. I've been following dev posts on the official forums all afternoon. You have to be dead when it's cast on. It will then raise you (as if from Raise III) and imbue you with Reraise III as well as a decreased weakness timer of 3 minutes.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Araise looks very powerful and useful. Hopefully the mana cost won't be stupendously exorbitant.

Martyr was never all that useful -> changing the recast from 20 minutes to 10 doesn't make it any more useful. It's basically a one-shot Cure IV with even higher enmity rating than Cure IV. While it does earn its name in spades, it also means its still pretty freaking stupid. Worth one point just to access for emergencies, NOT worth any extra points under any circumstances.

Devotion, on the other hand, was always VERY powerful, and pushing it from 20 to 10 minutes makes it even more powerful for prolonged fights.

As for Samurai, the change to Hagakure is at least marginally more useful than what Paladin and Dark Knight got. Marginally.

Icemage

Comment

Why isn't Hagakure a trait... seriously that was another thing that drove me away from the game. I hated having to cue up like 6 different macros in the blink of an eye just before unleashing a weaponskill. It's one of the reasons I am so fucking happy that XIV doesn't allow gear swapping during combat.

Devotion buff is absolutely bonkers for WHM since they fixed the recast and now you can max it for another +20% MP restored. I'd still keep 5/5 Shellra V over all the other options however for maximum MDT (caps at 25% I believe at 5/5)

I'd still rather Arise just be a straight up full-revive like in XIV but ... it's Tanaka, which means we have to do things the hard way...

Having RR3 applied afterwards is nice, but when you're getting bombarded by AoE it's not much comfort when you're going to get fragged again before you can even move, or everyone's up but weakened save for a few critical people etc. Even if it has an absurd recast, like say 5+ minutes, it'd still be worth it to get the tanks back up and at full HP ready to fight.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I thought someone posted on the official forums, from a .dat mine on the test server (is that even possible), that Araise would have a casting time of 13.5 seconds, recast of 56 seconds, and MP cost of 300 MP. For what it's worth.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
              WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                Why isn't Hagakure a trait... seriously that was another thing that drove me away from the game. I hated having to cue queue up like 6 different macros in the blink of an eye just before unleashing a weaponskill. It's one of the reasons I am so fucking happy that XIV doesn't allow gear swapping during combat.
                Wait, so you don't like spamming JAs, therefore you're glad FFXIV has no gear swaps? What the hell kind of logic is that?
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Not even going to dignify that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    I'd still rather Arise just be a straight up full-revive like in XIV but ... it's Tanaka, which means we have to do things the hard way...
                    Seriously glad you brought this up again, so I don't have to.
                    99 DNC
                    99 WHM
                    99 WAR
                    * 99 THF
                    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I think mal was saying, he hates having to use 4-6 different JA's, which all require gear swapping, inventory for the gear that's being swapped, macro's if one doesn't use spellcast, XML editing if one DOES use spellcast, and then your ready to WS, only now you've hit the damn mob like 5 more times, and have an overflow of TP, which is not as effecient as "possible".

I liked being good at FFXI with my spellcast XML's and stuff, but that's one thing i've realized truly sets FFXI apart from 95% of the other MMO's. No other MMO i've played has a gear managment issue like FFXI.
                      Also, has anyone started a TERA thread on here? that game looks friggin amazing.

Comment

Tera has been touched on a few times but has no designated thread that I know of. Freakin Koreans and their awesome grindy games.

Hey Mal... you think Tanaka is bad? Go play any MMO made in Korea. Compared to them, Tanaka is a saint.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I've played iRO, I know how horrible Korean MMOs can be. That still doesn't excuse Tanaka, especially with the amazing games the man has under his belt and the years of experience from having run XI for damned long. The man just goes day by day with his fingers in his hears yelling "STFU I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!" or something to that effect. Or maybe he's just butthurt over being demoted from fucking up XIV.

Anyway, setting aside Captain Batshit, when you do ever button mash in XIV (excluding maybe ARC since no AA for ranged)?

On my SAM once I have sufficient TP: Sekkanoki Macro -> Konzen-Ittai Macro -> Sengikori Macro -> Meditate Macro -> STR Macro -> Tachi: Kasha Macro -> Meditate Macro -> Hagakure Macro -> STR Macro again -> Tachi: Fudo Macro

I could cut out Hagakure, particularly Ikishoten's up not up to help enable double light (in which case I'd be relying on Meditate + Hagakure to hopefully snag enough TP for Fudo -> Kasha -> Fudo or Shoha -> Kasha -> Fudo) but yeah, stumbling to hit all those macros and not screw up in the process, not to mention the TP feed to the mob... contrast this to my Gladiator in XIV:

1000 TP -> Fast Blade (action 1 for me - no stupid macros either just hit 1 on my keyboard) from the front -> press 2 for free Savage Blade since FB was done in front.

Worst case in XIV I have to move around a bit to make sure I'm in the correct position for the combo. Of course if people would stop running their mouths when they don't know wtf they're talking about (and yeah I know I'm guilty of this myself from time to time) ...
                          sigpic

Comment

BST nerf is lame
                            Lame only in the sense that the weakening of TH really won't change anything. It'll still probably hold a heavy monopoly on Dynamis and, when you really wanted the shinies to drop, it's not as if most people in this game said, "Oh, no THF. But we have a BST with Yuly!"

But as a nerf, I don't think it really weakened the job. The merit adjustments were a long time coming.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X