Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[dev1087-1091] Job Adjustments (SMN, DRG, SAM, BST, WHM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [dev1087-1091] Job Adjustments (SMN, DRG, SAM, BST, WHM)

[dev1091] Job Adjustments: Summoner

Job Ability adjustment
    Heavenward Howl
    - The HP/MP absorption additional effect will apply to attacks with secondary as well as main weapons.

Merit point adjustments
    The "Elemental MP Cost" merit point enhancement will be replaced by "Summoning Magic Cast Time."
    *This enhancement will shorten the cast time of all summoning magic spells by 5 percent per merit.

Elemental Spirit adjustments
    The following Tier V spells will be unlocked:
    - Fire Spirit: Fire V (Lv.86)
    - Ice Spirit: Blizzard V (Lv.89)
    - Air Spirit: Aero V (Lv.83)
    - Earth Spirit: Stone V (Lv.77)
    - Thunder Spirit: Thunder V (Lv.92)
    - Water Spirit: Water V (Lv.80)
    - Light Spirit: Protect V / Shell V (Lv.76)
    *About damn time

Perpetuation cost will be adjusted as follows:
    *The values listed assume that Auto Refresh is in effect.

*o.O!!!

--------------------------------------------------

[dev1090] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

Job ability adjustments
    Spirit Surge
    - The Super Jump enmity reduction granted to the closest party member behind the dragoon will be adjusted.

Super Jump
    - Will also reduce enmity of the closest party member behind the dragoon.
    *This adjustment is still under consideration and may be postponed for balancing purposes.

Spirit Link
    - Will also grant Regen to the wyvern.

Restoring Breath adjustments
    - The priority by which status ailments are cured will be adjusted as follows:

(Pre-Adjustment)
    1. Disease/Plague
    2. Curse/Bane/Doom
    3. Paralysis
    4. Blindness
    5. Poison

(Post-Adjustment)
    1. Paralysis
    2. Disease/Plague
    3. Curse/Bane/Doom
    4. Blindness
    5. Poison

[dev1089] Job Adjustments: Samurai

Job ability adjustments
    Hagakure
    - Amount of TP returned increased from 20 to 35.

[dev1088] Job Adjustments: Beastmaster

*Beastmaster job adjustments will be implemented in two phases.

Phase 1

Job ability adjustments
    Feral Howl
    - Recast time reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    - Additional merit points will no longer affect casting time, instead increasing accuracy by five percent per merit.

Killer Instinct
    - Recast time reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    - Additional merit points will no longer affect casting time, instead increasing duration by ten seconds per merit.

Familiar adjustments
    - Treasure Hunter effect for Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr will be reduced to level one.

Phase 2

Familiar adjustments
    - Faithful Falcorr's attack strength will be increased slightly.
    - The recipe for Lucky Broth will be adjusted.

[dev1087] Job Adjustments: White Mage

A new spell will be added:
    Araise (Lv. 99)
    - Revives and bestows Reraise III upon target PC.
    - The revived target will suffer from weakness for three minutes.
    *Yes... yes... 1000 times yes...

The following abilities will be adjusted:
    Martyr
    - Recast time reduced from twenty minutes to ten.
    - Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase HP granted by 5% per merit.

Devotion
    - Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase MP granted by 5% per merit.

*Red = Developer Footnotes
    *Green = Yyg Footnotes
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 02-16-2012, 07:40 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: [dev1087-1091] Job Adjustments (SMN, DRG, SAM, BST, WHM)

Interesting.

I rarely use Devotion and use Martyr even less, but I kinda like those changes. And Araise will be kinda cool, at least after the price drops to a reasonable amount.

I don't play any of the other jobs, but that seems like a big drop in perp cost right?
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Perp cost reduction is for Elemental Spirits onry. Pair that with the new merit adjustment that allows them to cast more frequently... and you have a free pet that casts T5 nukes. They just made SMN into a PUP. A PUP whose Automaton is expendable. I love it. I'm going to be using the Air Spirit and Thunder Spirit all the time now. Inside Abyssea, Avatars are the only thing to use really, but outside Abyssea... I can picture this miserably low MP cost being a selling point for the use of Spirits over Avatars.

Also: Arise is just... it's just awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on perp cost. Arise (while awesome) will give people less of a reason to bring their own reraise now.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

That's just me being cynical though, I do like the new spell.
        99 DNC
        99 WHM
        99 WAR
        * 99 THF
        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Martyr and Devotion seem more interesting than they ever did before. I only ever used them rarely, but I think I might have to actually consider them in the future.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Heavenward Howl.... take it or leave it... likely leave it.

Comment

They have some utility for activities outside of Aby (Devotion mainly, but Martyr is a last resort).
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

So I had to go back and actually research the formula to calculate Elemental Spirit casting delay... since I've never considered using it until now. As I remembered, it has everything to do with Summoning Magic Skill. Ultimately I wanted to know if my delay reduction would be worth the merits it would cost me in other areas. The answer is yes. The formula looks like this:

(48 + Summoning Magic Skill Cap - Current Summoning Magic Skill) / 3

The current Summoning Magic Skill cap for 99 is 417. My Summoning Magic Skill is 375. Plugging that into the formula:

(48 + 417 - 375) / 3 = 30 seconds exactly

That calculation does not include my gear or merits that augment my Summoning Magic Skill. So I looked them all up and listed them here:

Summoner's Bracers +2
              +15

Caller's Doublet +2
              +10

Evoker's Ring
              +10

Caller's Horn +2
              +9

Caller's Pendant
              +9

Soulscourge
              +7

Caller's Spats +2
              +6

Vox Grip
              +3

Merits
              +16

For a grand total of... +85

Adjusting the formula to include this... I got:

(48 + 417 - 375 - 85) / 3 = 1.666~ seconds

LMAO... there has to be a floor somewhere that you can't go past... but it's nice to know that I hit it already no matter what.

In fact... funny enough... Summoner's Spats have an augment that lowers casting time by 5 seconds. Convenient... because...

48 + 417 - 375 - 85 - 5 = 0

If I could manage to find additional gear that would make up for the 6 skill points I lose out on for swapping pants... I'd be in business.

That makes me smile.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I guess I won't have to merit casting time reduction.

Comment

Targetable reraise sounds good on paper.

I can only imagine the number of melees who will just happen to forget their own damn reraise items in reality.

Comment

Seeing all these major developments for jobs other than the ones I actually have makes me want to lvl one of them simply to feel like SE is paying attention to me.

I know...
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    Martyr
                    - Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase HP granted by 5% per merit.

Devotion
                    - Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase MP granted by 5% per merit.
                    I had Devotion fully merited because I liked the 10-min recast (@ 75 cap). Now, I'm not sure if I'll bother taking the merits out. I already had it good as a galka, but to turn 45% of my HP into MP for someone else, even in idle gear outside of abyssea, will be ~600 MP. If I take the extra time to put on my HP gear and give myself a quick cure, that turns into 850+ MP for a lucky mage in my party. Inside abyssea, we're talking closer to 1400 MP (max)...

I think I'll be leaving these merits just as they are ^^

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    Targetable reraise sounds good on paper.

I can only imagine the number of melees who will just happen to forget their own damn reraise items in reality.
                    The worst part of raising someone in the midst of an epic battle is the risk of them being immediately KO'd again, thus wasting even more MP to raise them again. It almost makes sense (MP/efficiency issues aside) for people to not use their own reraise items if they have a WHM in the party. The 3-minute weakness and automatically having reraise re-applied are much better than getting up from a reraise item with a 5-minute weakness being susceptible to an immediate re-KO, which would just use the mage's MP anyways.
                    Last edited by Truece; 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Well from the way the spell is written in this update, it sounds to me like it's a Raise spell. As in... in order to cast it on a target... they must first be dead. If that's the case, every melee out there has this as an excuse.

Also... it lowers weakness timer to 3 minutes instead of 5.

Also... it not only raises you but gives you RR3.

A WHM with access to this spell isn't going to be able to argue his way out of casting it ALL THE TIME unless he's just an asshole.

Speaking of course... from the perspective of a WHM.

Comment

God damn it I got overexcited about SMN, should have known they'd never actually fix avatars. At least the elementals are somewhat usable now. I wouldn't really compare them to the automaton since the automaton can actually be directed.

BST nerf is lame, SAM & DRG stuff is meh (why not just make Hagakure a trait, SAM has too many pre-WS JA as it is) and WHM stuff is mostly win except for Arise. How about R3 without weakness SE?
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          I wouldn't really compare them to the automaton since the automaton can actually be somewhat directed.
                          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            SAM ...stuff is meh (why not just make Hagakure a trait, SAM has too many pre-WS JA as it is)
                            I totally agree.
                            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              A WHM with access to this spell isn't going to be able to argue his way out of casting it ALL THE TIME unless he's just an asshole.
                              For something like an exp alliance, where KOs should be few and far between, this is obviously superior.

If you've got a big group activity where the WHM has more important things to do than keep raising people, reraise items are still going to be important.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                              WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X