Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    He's never really totally left. His influence is all over Dissidia right now. I actually like the midpoint between his and Nomura's style better than either on their own. They should collaborate more often.

Also, I think the Shantotto expansion should reward us with Dissidia weapons. We know she kicked all their asses before coming back.
    Yeah, those are really nice. I still want to see a (non-DS) game with straight-up Amano designs (world, monster and character.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
      Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. Complaining about two of the most in demand jobs in game and one of the strongest soloing class? Really? I mean if you were to say Sch or Smn or Blm or Thf, yea, I would almost give it to you, but Rdm, Whm and freaking Nin?

Nin stays alive by shadows. It takes 4 seconds to cast a shadow which takes away 4 seconds worth of DPS if you are using shadows. I soloed on Nin when I played it. It took forever for me to kill anything.

Whm. Its hard to solo. Yea, they can use a hammer, but at the lowre lvls, it takes some time to kill anything. Even with the hammer skill capped.

I soloed all the jobs that I played for at least lvl 20-25. It took way too long to even kill one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
        Whm Solo? Rdm Solo? Nin solo? They kill so friggen slow at lower lvls to solo even with FoV
        I better go delevel my NIN and BLU, both soloed to 37 so I didn't have to wait for parties, to conform to your view.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Just because you can do it doesn't mean it's a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'm leveling white mage right now, and it's a stressful and unrewarding endeavor to do it all by yourself.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            BLM - Tier IV -ga spells would be fun. SCH already has them so why does BLM have to miss out on the fun?
            uhhh, wut?
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

SCH get tier IV spells, they can burn a start to make them AoE :p
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Manifestion only works with Enfeebling and Dark spells, and Black Enhancing, not Elemental.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                  Did you read the entire post? I said at lower lvls. Rdm is like Dnc solo. They both kill slowly, but they stay alive by healing themselves.

Nin stays alive by shadows. It takes 4 seconds to cast a shadow which takes away 4 seconds worth of DPS if you are using shadows. I soloed on Nin when I played it. It took forever for me to kill anything.

Whm. Its hard to solo. Yea, they can use a hammer, but at the lowre lvls, it takes some time to kill anything. Even with the hammer skill capped.

I soloed all the jobs that I played for at least lvl 20-25. It took way too long to even kill one thing.
                  Yes, I have read your entire posts and even still you have no clue what you're talking about. I've soloed all my jobs as well loooooooooooooooooong before FoVs, /Dnc sub, signet changes and exp boosts to weaker mobs happened. Whm doesn't kill any slower then any other light melee job at those levels, nor does Rdm. Hell, 20-30 is when Rdm is best at meleeing. I soloed Nin from 14 to mid 30s, there was no FoV when I did it, hi-pots were expensive as hell and if I wanted outside healing I'd have to take a 30% exp cut from already low exp gains off of DC mobs. And I tore the crap out of things. The ability to stay alive against harder enemies helps a LOT when soloing. Give Whm a hammer, shield, DD build, Meat and FoV Refresh and you have a job that can crush DC mobs with ease.

Now a days, the lower levels fly by, you need less exp, gain more exp, have a wider variety of targets to choose from as well as plenty of incredibly strong buffs and foods. And if you do choose to get a party, you can do so with anyone regardless of their current level. I never said soloing was easy or better then partying because it's not, it won't ever be and it should never be. But to claim that SE hasn't done anything to make lower level exping easier is a down right ignorant and fallacious claim. These past two years have seen tons of boosts to exping of all levels and styles, to the point where the high level players are complaining about being ignored.

They're not mind you, they've got plenty of new little events too, but no one is ever satisfied with anything because people always demand more more more. Everyone always expects the sky and pisses and moans when reality hits. It's not that what SE gives us is bad, it's just that people feel they're entitled to more when they're not.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                    Just because you can do it doesn't mean it's a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'm leveling white mage right now, and it's a stressful and unrewarding endeavor to do it all by yourself.
                    There's a reason the game is trying to give you more options to do things now. Because you're not going to like everything there is to to do in the game..But at least now there is a chance SOMETHING will fit how you like to play.

Pros and Cons of Soloing (or even low man group play. Nobody said a party MUST consist of 6 people. I've duoed and trioed with people when I was leveling SCH)
                    + You play on your own terms.
                    + You keep all the loot.
                    + You level more Skills in the process.
                    + You can pick where you want to hunt.
                    - Lower margin for error while fighting.
                    - May require a style of playing that is different, or even runs contrary to group play
                    - Slower EXP
                    - If you're in trouble, it is less likely than anybody will be there to save you...or raise you.

Pros and Cons of Partying
                    + In general, more EXP.
                    + You play in a way that will have more appliation to the rest of the game.
                    + More safe options on what to fight for EXP.
                    + Certain Skills (like Elemental and Enfeeble) are easier to skill up on higher level mobs.
                    - You will be expected to play in a way that will support the group objective.
                    - You will not level a broad range of skills in this way.
                    - You will run the risks that comes with having to cooperate with others (some will not be as skilled as you want them to be, some will misrepresent things about themselves such as time they actually have available to party, etc.)
                    - The loot is not all for you, and odds are, because of the supply, it won't be worth much anyway.

Looks like a fair system to me. You can't have everything you know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                      No one has ever said FoV was designed to make it so you can forgo partying, and it was never meant to. But for someone to claim it isn't exponentially easier nowadays to solo any job compared to what it was two years ago is flat out wrong. And it's not just FoV, it's signet buffs, exp rings, more Exp per kills, treasure caskets, Dnc sub, stronger easy to obtain items and cheaper meds. There were a lot of updates and changes that helped people gain exp at all levels, with or without a party. But partying will always be faster because it's supposed to be the best method of gaining Exp.
                      That's true, but when Takelli was talking about soloing being made easier, I think he meant as a viable alternative to being in an xp party. FoV was offered as a solution to that, as though it's the solution to the entire soloing issue. It's not. And that was basically the point I was trying to make.

I don't think it's ever going to change, honestly. The game is far too old and set in its way at this point. I expect XIV will give us what we want in terms of both party and solo play.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

FoV is nice, but it's too limited. If not for the 1 regimen a day it would be a great soloing tool. It'd be nice if they could add in an option to purchase an extra regimen or two each day in exchange for tabs, with the cost scaling as you go up (and the cost for the extra one should always cost more than the tabs awarded at the end so you can't just keep doing it)

And FW... some of those things you suggested (Tier 4 ga) are way, way OP. I'm was at least trying to be reasonable, with the possible exceptions of buffing ranged attacks (though I still stand by that as Haste is a broken game mechanic that's exploited on a regular basis) and 3 minute LR (which is only an issue @ 75 and even then so what? DRK is supposed to be all-out offense with a total disregard for personal safety lol. Besides, SAM has it a little too easy in terms of average DD potential)

All BLM needs is something to help out melee classes (unique BLM buff spells) and more incentives for SC + MB (like MP returns or the spell can not be resisted, hate free dmg >.>b [that last one would be OP on HNMs though]) Actually, now that I think about it, why is it that only the SC damage goes up with each successive chain? What if a magic burst gained additional power as well for each successive chain? e.g. you MB Freeze II on a Darkness chain when it's the 7th WS in the chain and get a massive damage boost? Sure would be an interesting alternative to simply Zerging everything with as many SAM as you can muster.

The other good thing about this idea is it doesn't directly boost BLM's power level, which is the major issue with any kind of update to the job. BLM already has enough firepower at 75, and certainly doesn't need anything to make it a better soloist as it already borders on insanity (see: Kaeko, Avesta). I don't think anyone wants a return of the "RNG onry" or "BLM onry" mentalities at end game, just a little nudge to give these jobs the edge they need where they're lacking badly atm. I mean hell, merit parties are practically made for RNG, yet how many do you see at them? Hardly any, because Haste is too god damned powerful. Sure, a RNG may be able to pull of a 3000+ dmg slug shot, but I've seen SAM spam 1600~2400+ penta thrusts. Ditto DRG with Drakesbane. RNG just can't compete with that kind of ridiculous output.
                        Last edited by Malacite; 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                          Manifestion only works with Enfeebling and Dark spells, and Black Enhancing, not Elemental.
                          OK honestly didn't know that so thanks for reminding me. Still Tier IV -ga spells for BLMs...I wouldn't say no to seeing that :p
                          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            All BLM needs is something to help out melee classes (unique BLM buff spells) and more incentives for SC + MB (like MP returns or the spell can not be resisted, hate free dmg >.>b [that last one would be OP on HNMs though]) Actually, now that I think about it, why is it that only the SC damage goes up with each successive chain? What if a magic burst gained additional power as well for each successive chain? e.g. you MB Freeze II on a Darkness chain when it's the 7th WS in the chain and get a massive damage boost? Sure would be an interesting alternative to simply Zerging everything with as many SAM as you can muster.
                            uhhhh

c'mon people

Magic Burst Bonus

MB bonus is 1.0 for no MB and 1.3 for a 2-WS renkei, gaining 5% per extra WS in the renkei series (i.e. 1.35, 1.4 etc)
                            It's been that way, for a long time.

Comment

Why does it only start at 30% anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                                I expect XIV will give us what we want in terms of both party and solo play.
                                I think you're being wildly optimistic here.

Comment

Working...
                                X