Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

RDM has had their adjustment already this year... NO ADJUSTMENT FOR YOU!
    I'm not going to lie, I still want them to adjust the way Enspell II damage is calculated. Because I honestly think the way it is calculated now is a genuine oversight, calculating damage based on Enhancing magic skill at the time of the swing rather than at the time of the casting. It just makes no sense to have a melee adjustment that is self-defeating in requiring you to forego things like Acc, Att, or Haste for Enhancing Magic gear in some spots. With the Enspell I line, you equip in Enhancing magic skill at time of casting, then switch back to Acc/Att/Haste.

Will BST get something to make up for the anti-MPK depop nerf? New jugs? Something to make it useable in lolnamis?
    Nothing is going to make up for that. In all honesty, that was so long ago now that everybody who has become a BST since then (and by now, I'm sure a lot of people have quit over the years), wouldn't even know what time before that was like. I'd rather see changes for group play, such as New jugs. Or, God forbid, re-apply some of those bonuses that were on Killer traits!
    sigpic

Comment

New avatars this tiem? I'm very curious about this new adjustment to the items system they mentioned...

But seriously can we have more than 2 or 3 jobs updated this time? Please? They said the focus of 2009 was to make every job fun to play, but they've only adjusted like 5 of them so far (not counting the stupid circles update which while nice, was hardly a massive balance change)
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        But seriously can we have more than 2 or 3 jobs updated this time? Please? They said the focus of 2009 was to make every job fun to play, but they've only adjusted like 5 of them so far (not counting the stupid circles update which while nice, was hardly a massive balance change)
        They didn't say they were going to make game-changing adjustments for every job. It is retarded to expect every job to get a mass overhaul like WHM did because lots of jobs have gotten cumulative fixes over time. SMNs seem do not want to understand that is how they're being handled. RDMs don't seem to understand they didn't need to be revolutionized, which is why they got the update they did.

My RNG, my COR and my SCH do not need updating. BRD doesn't either. PLD, WAR. MNK, BLM and SAM don't need a damn thing.

BRD can't be made fun to play unless it was nerfed. If people really knew COR was on par with them, I'd be in some serious misery with the job. In some respects, I'm glad the community believes we're not on par with BRDs. In retrospect, I'm fucking glad we didn't get any form of haste to cast on a party.
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-24-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
          Will they finally add Eihnerjar gear for PUP... a job that was first released in the SAME UPDATE with Eihnerjar? (I personally don't care about this; I was just reading the 'pedia forum thread the other day)
          ....wut?

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          My RNG, my COR and my SCH do not need updating. BRD doesn't either. PLD, WAR. MNK, BLM and SAM don't need a damn thing.
          Actually, as far as I'm concerned, War needs something to make it a viable tank again and Blm does need assistance in smaller group settings.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Silly Ziero. All the WARs that actually wanted to tank are already long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              Even if they were around, this is one of those places where the community is too stubborn to accept a change.

Comment

PUP AI....along with an explanation of Tactical Procesor. and possibly a 10 minute re-cast on activate. with all the new level syncing, FoVing, instanced events for the mini-expansions, it's fucking ridiculus that I have to de-activate and re-activate my pup.
                If my pups @ 100% health and someone levelsyncs to anything lower level than me, bam, 20min re-cast time. same with instanced battles. it's f'ing stupid.

Comment

{Dance} of {Death} - Dancer ability gained at level 40+ to {Raise} a fallen ally. Must stand on /target's body to be "in range" Pretty PLEEEEEEEEEEZ !!!!!!! w/ a fraggin' cherry on top.

... or just let me (dnc) be able to heal someone in my alliance that isn't in my party... come on SE .. wtf is up with that?

I'd like to see SE give Blm's some lovin' that could make them more viable for party experience. I miss my nukers and haven't seen many (if any) since partying in Garbage Sh!tadel.

More WotG ... yay!!! I agree with the shiny comment... I need motivation... not for me, but for the others who don't know that WotG is actually fun and intriguing. Finally get them last two medals... maybe... and some more things to spend my Allied Notes on.

Another mini-spansion... kk... guess I need to get my arse in gear with the other two I have barely begun. Course that would be a lil easier to gather motivation for if the last boss fight didn't exclude the use of a majority of jobs people play. aCP, I'm looking at you.

After all their nerfing to NPC'n items in order to counter RMT activity, I get more /tells per hr than I ever EVER did... I don't think SE's tactic that punished mostly legit players was that effective and could use a change. ... that's all I ask.
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I'm not

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                    After all their nerfing to NPC'n items in order to counter RMT activity, I get more /tells per hr than I ever EVER did... I don't think SE's tactic that punished mostly legit players was that effective and could use a change. ... that's all I ask.
                    I think the tactic was incredibly effective and needed, especially since the addition of FoVs which have increased the amount of gil created from nothing in this game. The /tell spam started because it's more or less all the RMTs can do nowadays.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'm not gonna troll. I'm not gonna troll. I'm not gonna troll. I'm not gonna troll. I'm not gonna troll. I'm not gonna troll.

Fuck it ... quality assurance my ass.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

IF this update isn't as crap tastic as the last one I MIGHT come back to the game. Got annoyed at how bad the updates where lately, and how they have nothing that anyone wants to do at mid lvls, or something thats even fun mid levels...

Or atleast make it so that people can solo more effectivly/faster. There are people who don't want to have to party all 75 of their levelfor 3 hours a day just to gain a level. Or solo for 5 hours a day just to gain a level.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          They didn't say they were going to make game-changing adjustments for every job. It is retarded to expect every job to get a mass overhaul like WHM did because lots of jobs have gotten cumulative fixes over time. SMNs seem do not want to understand that is how they're being handled. RDMs don't seem to understand they didn't need to be revolutionized, which is why they got the update they did.

BRD can't be made fun to play unless it was nerfed. If people really knew COR was on par with them, I'd be in some serious misery with the job. In some respects, I'm glad the community believes we're not on par with BRDs. In retrospect, I'm fucking glad we didn't get any form of haste to cast on a party.
                          Horseshit BLM doesn't need anything. BLM & PLD both get the shaft royally when it comes to end game EXP. BLM's only real options are to solo or manaburn, neither of which is all that great and Mount Z is crowded 24/7 (at least on Seraph) which makes it even more aggravating. A little more utility in the ways of enhancing melee jobs or MP endurance from magic bursts would be great. BLM's power level is just right and it only needs more incentive for EXP parties form 50+ since most ToAU EXP camps are anti-BLM.

BRD I agree there is no hope for that job, it's just outright fucked and it's largely the community's fault.

I also agree that SCH is largely fine, though given how stupidly broken Haste is for melee it'd be nice if they would increase the power of Ranged Attacks again (maybe give RNG an exclusive trait for 40+?) It doesn't matter how pimp your RNG is, you will never compete with a fully hasted 2 handed DD and it's not like this is reserved strictly for zerging HNMs. Something needs to be done about this IMO, because it's absurdly unfair to shell out for Silver Bullets/Kabura Arrows when a SAM WAR DRK or DRG can just slap on haste gear, get buffs and easily do more than double the RNG's over all damage. And of course all that lovely haste also goes towards their Utsusemi recast keeping them nice & safe.

As for SMN, I just want to see the new avatar as I've given up on SE's empty promises of encouraging keeping avatars out.

Other jobs that haven't been touched yet;

WAR - An actual tanking update would be cool, though not strictly needed. WAR is borderline broken as is.

MNK - Ditto the above, though would it kill SE to do something about Guard's proc rate? Lord knows MNK would actually be a viable tank if Guard was reliable.

THF - Honestly, not much more they can do for THF other than making SATA 100% acc and crit on all hits, and I very much doubt they're willing to do that (would put THF on par with SAM though...)

DRK - Again, other than more new dark magic not seeing much they can do. Aspir II maybe? 3-minute Last Resort would be epic but people would probably cry foul at Desperate Blows :/

PLD - I've said it before and I'll say it again; 3 minute Sentinel please.

BST - I thought we were getting some kind of EXP update similar to DRG's with relation to the wyvern, as well as a bonus to using proper jugs? Well, what gives SE?

PUP - Just fix the automaton casting AI. Maybe adjust the delays too (24s default on RDM frame, 20s delay on ranged attacks... I know there are attachments for this but they don't do much without 2-3 maneuvers up which = high risk of Overload)

SAM - Don't do a god damn thing SE. Nothing. Maybe tweak Seigan a little but otherwise leave SAM the hell alone! No buffs/nerfs, it's 1 of the few jobs that's just right.
                          Last edited by Malacite; 09-24-2009, 02:08 PM.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Im not gone >.>

I dunno, lately its been hit or miss, but I'll honestly take anything SE tosses our way. I'll be playing this game until FFXIV gets good, which is when Ill cancel my content ID for 11 and focus on 14.
                            Originally posted by Van Wilder
                            Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                            Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                            I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I won't comment on much of anything until I read the pre-release notes that will be out in a month or two.

I'll take anything they might toss to PUP though, including gear.
                              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                                Horseshit BLM doesn't need anything. BLM & PLD both get the shaft royally when it comes to end game EXP. BLM's only real options are to solo or manaburn, neither of which is all that great and Mount Z is crowded 24/7 (at least on Seraph) which makes it even more aggravating. A little more utility in the ways of enhancing melee jobs or MP endurance from magic bursts would be great. BLM's power level is just right and it only needs more incentive for EXP parties form 50+ since most ToAU EXP camps are anti-BLM.
                                Lack of initiative to form a party is not a job design flaw. Lack of initiative to go campaign is not a job design flaw. Your problem is a problem with the community and the community alone. If your LS won't help your PLDs cap EXP, then your LS SUCKS.

BRD I agree there is no hope for that job, it's just outright fucked and it's largely the community's fault.
                                See? Community.

It doesn't matter how pimp your RNG is, you will never compete with a fully hasted 2 handed DD and it's not like this is reserved strictly for zerging HNMs. Something needs to be done about this IMO, because it's absurdly unfair to shell out for Silver Bullets/Kabura Arrows when a SAM WAR DRK or DRG can just slap on haste gear, get buffs and easily do more than double the RNG's over all damage.
                                And without BRD, WHM, or RDM hasting them and ungimping their accuracy, they have nothing on RNGs. All their cute little parses are for patting themselves on the back and not crediting the BRD or COR in the slightest. Not that BRDs would work with RNGs anyway, they're too goddamn retarded these days to even figure out how. They can take their Prelude scroll and shove it up their asses.

That's OK, though, I have personal constant haste without gear and then gear for it. What other job can say that without casting a spell?

As for SMN, I just want to see the new avatar as I've given up on SE's empty promises of encouraging keeping avatars out.
                                Keep them out longer is I ever remember them promising, SMN will always be the Air Strike guy no matter what. Keeping them out forever is not viable.
                                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X