Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    especially since the addition of FoVs which have increased the amount of gil created from nothing in this game.
    /
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      Lack of initiative to form a party is not a job design flaw. Lack of initiative to go campaign is not a job design flaw. Your problem is a problem with the community and the community alone. If your LS won't help your PLDs cap EXP, then your LS SUCKS.
      Campaign blows goat dick for BLM, even if you gear for it. It's not like I haven't tried you know. Furthermore, it used to be possible to Manaburn 50k/hour in Sea and SE took exception to this; however it's apparently perfectly fine to TP burn birds for 30~40k while the BLM community has to slug it out competing with each other? PLD would be fine (if not desired) in TP burns if Sentinel was made into a 3 minute ability. High enmity generation + barely taking any damage = sign me up. It's not like they can't put out decent numbers either with a Joyeuse and Swift/Savage Blade.

And without BRD, WHM, or RDM hasting them and ungimping their accuracy, they have nothing on RNGs. All their cute little parses are for patting themselves on the back and not crediting the BRD or COR in the slightest. Not that BRDs would work with RNGs anyway, they're too goddamn retarded these days to even figure out how. They can take their Prelude scroll and shove it up their asses.

That's OK, though, I have personal constant haste without gear and then gear for it. What other job can say that without casting a spell?
      Right and how is this even remotely relevant in a heavily party oriented game? Oh yeah and there's also the little problem of the sweetspot gimping you when solo. Any good DD (not just the 2 handers but Hasso makes it easier) can gear up for haste increase their damage output exponentially. RNG can't. At best you can use a Kraken Club for TP and use some haste yourself, but as long as we're hasting people why not just use the jobs that can abuse it more? And where do you even get the notion of gimp accuracy? If you have trouble hitting as a 2 hander, you fucking suck and need to either adjust your gear or food accordingly. I get about an 85~90% accuracy rating without even trying on SAM, never mind DRG which gets two acc traits, or DRK with Absorb DEX, Acc, and Diabolic Eye.

Let's take a look at haste gear too for that matter, again deferring to Samurai;

W. Turban, W.Earring (though I use this in merit pt only), Dusk Gloves (+1 for the rich), Swit/Velocious Belt, B. Haidate & Fuma/Usukane Feet. Right there that's an easy 17~22% (25+ with /DRG) haste, plus another 10 from Hasso. So now I'm swingly just over 25% more often and it only gets more disgusting with PT support. Now yes, RNG has gotten some love in the form of Mirke, but it still can't keep pace with a well geared melee.

Unless SE adds an auto-ranged command & allows Haste to speed up ranged attacks, melee win no contest. RNG will forever dominate spike damage, but haste trumps Slugshot.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't hate RNG. To the contrary, I love it to death. I just can't justify paying gil for it when I can just rage shit on SAM for free. Haste is absurdly over powered.
      Last edited by Malacite; 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

One could argue that the time between the nerf and when FoV was implemented was the nail in the coffin for many players who could not find sufficient other means to make gil. So it's not like they put one thing in place to replace another. They really did hurt legit players with that, and eventually provided an alternative, but was it too late?

And yet, RMT continues to thrive.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
          Am I the only one that's noticed that the dagger in the pic looks to be designed in a rather Amano-like style reminicient of Final Fantasy 1 thru 5? Surely I can't be the only one that has caught that...

Props to the design team for continuing to draw inspiration from the previous titles...
          Mmm-hmmm.

Amano needs to come back to this series. Scratch that... I need Amano to come back to the series.

Gogo BLM melee adjustment!!!
          BRB, resubscribing.

Joking aside, more flan or similar manaburn encouraging mobs is needed. WTF adjustments could they give BLM that wouldn't be useless or overpowered?

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
            Mmm-hmmm.

Amano needs to come back to this series. Scratch that... I need Amano to come back to the series.
            He's never really totally left. His influence is all over Dissidia right now. I actually like the midpoint between his and Nomura's style better than either on their own. They should collaborate more often.

Also, I think the Shantotto expansion should reward us with Dissidia weapons. We know she kicked all their asses before coming back.

Comment

As for class updates this is my wish list:

WAR - To be honest I can't find anything wrong with this job. They have access to gear gear and thier abilities are neither overpowered or underpowered IMO. It would be nice to see extra damage mitigation abilities in there at abouty Lv40+ to make WAR a viable tank if you can't find a PLD or NIN seeking though.

MNK - Make guard skill ups actually possible to obtain within one lifetime. Seriously SE, I know MNKs who are losing thier grip on reality because they are literally going days without gaining a skill level.

WHM - I want a big button that when I push it lets me shout "WHITE MAGES ARE NOW A VIABLE MERIT PARTY HEALING JOB TO INVITE ME YOU HALF-WIT!" to any party leader that decides to keep /shouting for a RDM to heal thier merit party. I would also like a button that lets me run a large, perfreably lethal voltage through the seats of anyone who says that WHMs aren't as useful as RDMs in mission BC fights.

That or give us Refresh. It won't happen but it won't change a thing about how WHM is played anyway since:
              1) It doesn't stack with Sublimation (Though it would probably make /BLM and /RDM viable subjobs again).
              2) The player base won't really care since they'll still invite RDMs to merit parties even if there are 2 AFK RDMs seeking and 20 WHMs seeking.
              3) Pick up Paladins might actually Flash mobs...Or is that wishful thinking?

BLM - Tier IV -ga spells would be fun. SCH already has them so why does BLM have to miss out on the fun?

PLD - Either give Sentinel a lower cooldown or make it last for longer.

I also want Flat Blade's stun to actually work at 100%TP or Shield Bash to be put on a 1 min timer. I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit with some nasty TP move because:
              1) Shield Bash isn't up
              2) Flat Blade's stun never seems to even hit the mob.

SAM - Turn thier swords into baguettes and thier bows into those little toy plastic sucker dart things so that other 2 hander DDs might have a chance of catching up to them in the parse.

DRK - A button that lets me reach out across the internet and lets me punch the party leader in the face for refusing to invite a lolDRK. Especially when I'm on WHM, PLD or COR.

BST - Take away Snarl or at the very least nerf the amount of hate it gives the pet in parties. I hate having BSTs in the party as a PLD or WHM because as soon as Snarl goes off all of the DDs start spamming WSs. If I'm on PLD I'm not going to be holding hate for the duration of the party and if I'm on WHM then I will end up tanking until the BST leaves or stops using Snarl after every WS.

RDM - I've heard RDMs constantly cry foul of Enspell II being gimped because it doesn't proc on multi-hit weapons. Just break RDMs even more and let them have it so I can see more entertaining posts in update threads thank you.

Also could SE make some of the gear they get in updates equippable by WHMs? Seriously, when was the last time WHM got something remotely useful gear-wise out of the last updates? Even the augemtable clubs sucked because Templar/Purg Mace do everything they do but better.

SCH - Something to make healing on SCH suck less and be more viable before /RDM becomes a useful subjob would be nice. There's nothing wrong with SChs healing, it's just when I'm tanking I feel much safer with even a noob WHM who doesn't Flash and only casts Cure IV healing me.

Oh and give them the Protectra and Shellra line. It won't break anything and it would makes having one as a healer more smooth since it wouldn't mean that the guy healing my PLD is losing two important strats every time we have to resync the party.

COR - An extra Quick Draw charge would be awesome. It's a pain having to chain pull mobs with Light Shot, then getting bitched at by the party because I'm not Dispelling even though I'm shooting, buffing, pulling, sleeping and if I'm /mage backup healing thier sorry arses. Heck I have cooking levelled so I'm even making the bloody Mithkabobs for the DDs too if any of my LS is in the party.

Oh and would it hurt SE to put a Quick Draw card vendor in Whitegate? It's a pain having to run all the way to Nashmau and back just to pick up a stack of Dark Cards for a party. And while you're at it put the dice Taru in Al Zhabi in Whitegate too. Good lord it's annoying when you can use a new JA dice but the Dicr Taru got kidnapped and nobody can be bothered to go save him so you have to wait until the next server maintainence to be able to buy new JA dice. Seriously SE? What the fuck? No other job has thier performance based on wether or not the JP players care enough about an NPC to go and save them so why should Corsairs?

I'm chalking`it up to the translator, because no MMO or gets perfect updates.

Besides we all know its Bethesda that has absolutle no quality assurance, SE at least has it for offline games
              Hey Morrowind was a great game even if Bethesda suck at writing convincing dialogue. At least they were nice enough to give you a mod tool that lets you fix all the broken stuff in thier games like the level scaling system
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                IF this update isn't as crap tastic as the last one I MIGHT come back to the game. Got annoyed at how bad the updates where lately, and how they have nothing that anyone wants to do at mid lvls, or something thats even fun mid levels...

Or atleast make it so that people can solo more effectivly/faster. There are people who don't want to have to party all 75 of their levelfor 3 hours a day just to gain a level. Or solo for 5 hours a day just to gain a level.
                I'm just going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the game for the past two years.

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                One could argue that the time between the nerf and when FoV was implemented was the nail in the coffin for many players who could not find sufficient other means to make gil. So it's not like they put one thing in place to replace another. They really did hurt legit players with that, and eventually provided an alternative, but was it too late?

And yet, RMT continues to thrive.
                Anyone who quit after SE slightly lowered the price of NPCable items isn't really worth worrying about. Especially since it was only about 3-4 months apart iirc. There have always been far better ways to make cash then to NPC junk dropped from bats. The reason why RMT are still around is because they find a way to make cash, instead of following all the brainless drones who can't figure out a way of their own. Real players have far, far better ways of making money at any level in the game then any RMT ever will, so all the complaints about the NPC resale price nerf hurting "legit players" more then RMT is complete BS. It hurt lazy players who think there's only one way to make gil, and that's more their own fault then SE.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'm just going to assume you haven't been paying attention to the game for the past two years.
                  Actually. I just quit a bit after the last update. They haven't been updating the game for mid lvl players, and lower lvls for anything fun to do besides the crappy "events" that they do.

Comment

Dnc - also ... a Divine Waltz 2 (maybe 3) might be something I'd like to see. Divine Waltz is worthless really outside the level 30 range unless you wanna wake some comrades.

Anyone who quit after SE slightly lowered the price of NPCable items isn't really worth worrying about. Especially since it was only about 3-4 months apart iirc. There have always been far better ways to make cash then to NPC junk dropped from bats. The reason why RMT are still around is because they find a way to make cash, instead of following all the brainless drones who can't figure out a way of their own. Real players have far, far better ways of making money at any level in the game then any RMT ever will, so all the complaints about the NPC resale price nerf hurting "legit players" more then RMT is complete BS. It hurt lazy players who think there's only one way to make gil, and that's more their own fault then SE
                    I see your point... I truly do.. I merely don't like it. Kind of a cold and bitter take... Fits FFxi perfectly.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Unfortunately that way of making cash is now hijacking accounts and stripping them
                      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

[quote=Neverslip;857417]Dnc - also ... a Divine Waltz 2 (maybe 3) might be something I'd like to see. Divine Waltz is worthless really outside the level 30 range unless you wanna wake some comrades.[/quote

Maybe that was the point of Divine Waltz.

Just like Cura. An aoe Cure 1 after you get Curaga? Whats the point of Cura?

Comment

Or atleast make it so that people can solo more effectivly/faster. There are people who don't want to have to party all 75 of their levelfor 3 hours a day just to gain a level. Or solo for 5 hours a day just to gain a level.
                          Oh Hai FoV!
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

That's not really effective, it helps a little but it doesn't even come close to the ease of joining an exp party. You can't really say that FoV was put in the game in order to make solo play good enough to forego partying, if anything, it pretty clearly makes the point that partying is still the be-all and end-all of this game.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                              Oh Hai FoV!
                              Whm Solo? Rdm Solo? Nin solo? They kill so friggen slow at lower lvls to solo even with FoV

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                                I see your point... I truly do.. I merely don't like it. Kind of a cold and bitter take... Fits FFxi perfectly.
                                Well, to be fair, I am kind of a dick at times. It's just there are plenty of ways to make money, it's just that none of them are super easy. They all need actual effort and time to pay off. Farming was just the "easiest" of all the money making methods because anyone could do it, all it took was time.

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                                That's not really effective, it helps a little but it doesn't even come close to the ease of joining an exp party. You can't really say that FoV was put in the game in order to make solo play good enough to forego partying, if anything, it pretty clearly makes the point that partying is still the be-all and end-all of this game.
                                No one has ever said FoV was designed to make it so you can forgo partying, and it was never meant to. But for someone to claim it isn't exponentially easier nowadays to solo any job compared to what it was two years ago is flat out wrong. And it's not just FoV, it's signet buffs, exp rings, more Exp per kills, treasure caskets, Dnc sub, stronger easy to obtain items and cheaper meds. There were a lot of updates and changes that helped people gain exp at all levels, with or without a party. But partying will always be faster because it's supposed to be the best method of gaining Exp.

Whm Solo? Rdm Solo? Nin solo? They kill so friggen slow at lower lvls to solo even with FoV
                                What?

Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. Complaining about two of the most in demand jobs in game and one of the strongest soloing class? Really? I mean if you were to say Sch or Smn or Blm or Thf, yea, I would almost give it to you, but Rdm, Whm and freaking Nin?
                                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                                X