All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 8)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all FINAL FANTASY XI worlds to accompany the version update. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site or PlayOnline Viewer which will be available on Monday, Dec. 8, 2008.

[Date & Time]
    Dec. 8, 2008 from 8:00 to 11:00 (PST)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Kind of hope a bombshell gets dropped at Fanfest....

File Sizes:

Downloadable file size and time required for FINAL FANTASY XI version update that is scheduled on December 8, 2008 8:00 (PST) are as follow. This is based on 1Mbps DSL environment.

[File size for clients with "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 43.8MB
    About 57 minutes, 20 seconds

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 64.0MB
    About 7 minutes, 20 seconds

Xbox 360 Version
    Downloadable file size: 70.6MB
    About 18 minutes, 10 seconds

[File size for clients without "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 38.7MB
    About 47 minutes, 40 seconds

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 54.2MB
    About 7 minutes

*Please note that the above times are the total approximate time for file check, download, and installation. The above times are for reference only. Download times depend on individual users' network environment and may vary from those shown above. Also, this update will require more time if previous version updates were not completed.
    Last edited by Gobo; 12-06-2008, 06:05 AM. Reason: Grandmom put some emphasis on part of the post and I added File Sizes
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 8)

Wootz Ore!
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Well, I hope they add and announce more cool stuff

Comment

Anyone know if thats AM or PM?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I think AM. Doesn't Playonline usually post messages in 24HR clock instead of 12HR Clock?
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

It's AM. They use military time.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
              They use military time.
              That's what I had thought- but it was 8:00-11:00 instead of 08:00-11:00, so I didn't know.

Thanks!
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

To some people I would like to point out this little nugget. Please take note:

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Waiting a while could mean TILL THE NEXT DAY in some cases. Please note this and do not make thread after thread about how you FFXI is broken because your download cancels/won't start. Thank you. This has been a moderator sanity request message.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

3 hrs seems rather short for a version update. Something tells me it won't be very large. I want the Campaign body pieces to be released.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                    Please note this and do not make thread after thread about how you FFXI is broken because your download cancels/won't start. Thank you. This has been a moderator sanity request message.
                    Hope springs eternal, eh?
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Thank you. This has been a moderator sanity request message.
                      Of course by the time next Monday comes, this thread will be at the bottom and 5 new people will still pop into the board not seeing this topic, make a new topic and say "Mi gaem R brokn HALP!"

*Loads Permabump on this topic*
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------

Comment

To some people I would like to point out this little nugget. Please take note:

Waiting a while could mean TILL THE NEXT DAY in some cases. Please note this and do not make thread after thread about how you FFXI is broken because your download cancels/won't start. Thank you. This has been a moderator sanity request message.
                        I am predicting that 3 new threads will be made for this... I'm optomistic
                        sigpic

Comment

This is why I always download the update as soon as it's ready, which is usually about an hour or so before the actual maintenance ends.

That way I avoid the congestion and happily log on to wtfpwn whatever NM I was camping at the time. Now which NM to try this time...
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

What do you think SE will add besides whta they have hinted?

Comment

Looking forward to checking out the new stuff, also can't wait to see what pops up at FanFest this weekend.

As for the download, I'll be logged off in DA just like 2 zillion other people to wait for a dragon when I log back in, so I'll be camping the download just as ferociously as I would Fafnir anyway. :/
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X