All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 8)

Updates actually take all night and rarely finish until the afternoon the following day for EU players.

If you want a real inconvenience how about having to sleep fully clothed every night for the past week and a half because the radiators in my dorm block cut off during the night? How about being stuck sitting around for two weeks because you caught measles off a someone in the dorm and you still haven't been medically cleared to start going back to lectures or work because your doctor lives in another county? How about having to take a train across 2 different counties just to see said doctor? How about not being paid for two weeks sound because you work as a part time chef and you can't legally work in that industry without clearence if you catch something contagious and you haven't been cleared by your doctor? How does being fucking credit blacklisted because your sister stole your ID so sign up to some catalogue service and failed to pay the bills sound? How about having to call the bank and ask for permission to buy ANYTHING with my bank card instead of cash?

I'd post more stuff that right now inconveniences me more than not being able to play a video game that I pay a subscription fee to play but I dislike bringing up my real life problems into forums full of strangers who don't and really shouldn't have to care about or listen other people's RL problems.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Persona 4 out Tuesday in US, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories last week.

Dunno about the EU date for P4, but SE is publishing it for Atlus in EU territories. PS2 still has some life left in it, after Devil Summoner 2, there probably won't be much left to look forward to RPG-wise.
    We only got Persona 3 PES more or less last month or the month before and we're STILL waiting for Disgaea 3. SE frankly sucks with EU release dates especially when they're publishing games by other devs and especially when they always release an improved version of any game they release with a crapton of bonus content a few weeks later in Japan. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if P4 came out some in the UK some time after P5 comes out in the US.

And everyone knows that the next-gen consoles (are we still calling them that?) still lack any sort of good RPG not called "Oblivion" or "Fallout". Which is why people still buy RPGs on the PS2. Though Fable 2 was fun even if the main quest was shorter than the original's. Lucky they actually gave you incentives to replay that game otherwsie I would have taken it back to the store for a refund.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Are we daring to call Oblivion and Fallout 3 "good?" Its a word I hesitate to use in association with Bethesda.

If their Quality Assurance matched their ambition, they'd be unstoppable. Sadly. they lack the former.

Comment

I tend to mod the crap out of the PC versions of Elder Scrolls games so I can just take out the stuff I don't like. Like level scaling. Or Ciff Racers.
        Reiko Takahashi
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
          And everyone knows that the next-gen consoles (are we still calling them that?) still lack any sort of good RPG not called "Oblivion" or "Fallout".
          Then I'm definately not everyone! I've been enjoying Folklore, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Valkyrie Chronicles, and a few more that I can't remember right now.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'd play ToV if my 360 would actually load a game without grinding a trench into the disc and promptly give me a disc read error.

And I still haven't played Folklore so in all fairness I don't know if I like it or not
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
              Yeah, the Vegas trip was a blast, but I'm now back at the Parallax Dimension of Japaneseland of The Future (AKA Misawa Air Base), so it's already Monday morning here.

Yes, I travel through space, time, and alternate dimensions often, so it's kinda tricky to track me down. This has the drawback of seeing updates happening already, but not being at the right time to download them, but I can still play during maintenance (). Weirdness of the Nth degree, I know, but it happens.
              HAHAHAHAHAHA Well played!

I find it hard to feel sorry for you being that you are in Japan! I would give anything to go there once before the long sleep. LOL So when is the update for you guys? During the late evening/early morning?
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

while you do your pc games, I'll either be asleep or playing Disgaea 3
                Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  So when is the update for you guys? During the late evening/early morning?
                  Yeah, they're usually the late night/early morning of the day in question, right around the time Japan normally goes to bed (well, the day walkers of Japan, anyway). Since I work during that time, it doesn't affect me, alongside most of Japan, so most Japanese never see maintenance blocks.

Yes, that is kinda fucked up for Americans and Europeans that they gotta get hit with it, but in a game that has three regions that play it, the maintenance has to get done sometime, and some are gonna get off scott free, and others are gonna get hit.
                  Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-08-2008, 12:50 AM. Reason: Besides, did you really expect a Japanese company to hit their own with maintnance if they could do it to someone else instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie View Post
                    We don't even have a release date announced for that game in the UK yet
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie View Post
                      I need to get back on D3, I was playing it so tough when I took a break from FFXI. But that's one of those games where if you're gonna put it down for awhile, you should write down where you left off. Otherwise you'll come back and have to try to remember what you were doing.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

My new PS3 came today! W00T! I can finally play my D3 now! Tried to play it downstairs but with screaming grandchildren and their mother constantly yelling/annoying me, it just was not working.

So W00000000T, still no one complaining about error msgs yet! I know its early but YAY! So just to repeat this.....

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        To some people I would like to point out this little nugget. Please take note:

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Waiting a while could mean TILL THE NEXT DAY in some cases. Please note this and do not make thread after thread about how you FFXI is broken because your download cancels/won't start. Thank you. This has been a moderator sanity request message.

Comment

Does it count if I keep getting POL-1300 error messages every couple of % into the download?
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I keep erroring out at a dat. ROM/212/2 I'm on my 5th try now because it errors out with like 30 mins left in the install so I don't know for an hour if its going to do it or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X