Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

We would like to introduce some more changes scheduled for the next version update, in addition to those mentioned in previous Topics postings.

Emotes

Due to popular demand, the following new emote commands will be added. Now you can dance just like a real dancer, regardless of job, location, or situation!
    /dance1
    /dance2
    /dance3
    /dance4

Pankration

It will be possible to summon the following monster families captured with fiendtrappers:
    Gear, Rampart, Chariot, Soulflayer

Adventurer Recruitment Program

New items, "Sol Cap" and "Lunar Cap," will be offered as special gift items in the Adventurer Recruitment Program.

Details regarding the terms and conditions to obtain special gift items can be found here.

-The Lunar Cap is scheduled to be added to special gift item list (A).
    -The Sol Cap is scheduled to be added to special gift item list (B).

New Items
    The "Emperor Band" will be added to the list of enchanted items that offer a bonus to experience points or limit points. Along with existing items, "Empress Band" and "Chariot Band," the "Emperor Band" can be obtained by trading your individual conquest points. Please note, however, that only one of the above three can be equipped at any given time.

Interesting changes, but I wanna know about the job changes dangit!

Curious to see what this Emperor Band is gonna be like, I almost wonder if it's going to need the Anniversery Ring to get or something

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

yeah I'm more interested in seeing what they are going to add to the new jobs lol especially SCH, but the dance emotes are pretty cool and i wonder how much EXP we'll get from the emperor band lol

Oh btw when is the new update scheduled for does anyone know?

Comment

I wonder what the Emperor Band EXP bonus will be? Otherwise this particular update doesn't really hold anything I'm particularly interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
        Due to popular demand, the following new emote commands will be added. Now you can dance just like a real dancer, regardless of job, location, or situation!
        /dance1
        /dance2
        /dance3
        /dance4
        That's it, FFXI is over. Everyone, you can go home now.

There's just no goddamn point anymore.

Comment

/cheers more exp bonus, but c'mon SE, quit delaying the ob changes announcement. Or are you planning to not give us any job changes this month. :/

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
          Dymlos
          Bahamut server
          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I really don't see why you people assume they'd tell every detail about Job Adjustments before day of update. They NEVER have, and even when they "hinted" at it they didn't say much of anything, because the few times they have, they never mentioned it again outside of interviews.

Comment

That is true Raz. But at the very least they could tell us when the update is going to be, so we know when the job details will be coming out.
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Moved. Thanks Vyuru.

Yay!

/dance1
                /dance1
                /dance1
                /dance1
                /dance1
                /dance1
                /dance1
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Well, the update will be before the egg event starts (around 13 I think) unless they're making a separete update just for the event items
                  One Windurst to rule them all
                  One Windurst to conquer the others
                  One Windurst to find the others
                  And in mithraness bind them

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                    /dance1
                    /dance2
                    /dance3
                    /dance4
                    I can see it now: WILL DANCE FOR GILLZ!
                    Last edited by Shadowneko; 03-04-2008, 06:44 AM.
                    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                    (have fun MMO players ^^)
                    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

A dancing elvaan COR isn't exactly the best way to advertise the new emotes.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

VG Cats - Comics - Updated Monday
                        Enough said.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                        'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                        Dymlos
                        Bahamut server
                        Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I can't wait to see people incorporate these into WS macros, or Teleport macros, or everything else that's amazing.

I need to invent the dance-a-port right now.
                          :: Why can't this crazy love be mine? ::

SEVE - HUME WHM (31) BLM (19) THF (17) WAR (9) MNK (5) RNG (9) BLU (1) BRD (1) DNC (1) NIN (1) :: BAHAMUT

Comment

They've really been nickel-and-diming information this time around. They've even brought the minor footnotes they'd usually just throw in with the updates out as major update news.

But then, they've taken to almost over four weeks of hyping as opposed to the usual three.

What we really want to know, however, are these things:

New Blue Magic
                            Dancer's Roll
                            Scholar's Roll
                            Teleport Spells
                            Other job adjustments.

Comment

The 1st 3 on that list are guaranteed this month (SE said so @ Fan Fest. This is the 1st update of '08)

However it'd be nice to find out what they will do :D

What I find odd is that they said early March didn't they? And yet the date for the maintenance hasn't been posted yet.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X