Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrr......I remember a moogle or something saying not to throw it away and save for next year
    Actually, the moogle says:
    Originally posted by M.H.M.U Moogle
    Oh, just don't accidentally throw it away or anything, because you'll never get another one... ever, kupo!
    Unfortunately, it never said anything about being able to recharge one...

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

S-E made a Ninja edit

From this:

The "Emperor Band" will be added to the list of enchanted items that offer a bonus to experience points or limit points. Along with existing items, "Empress Band" and "Chariot Band," the "Emperor Band" can be obtained by trading your individual conquest points. Please note, however, that only one of the above three can be equipped at any given time.
      to this:

The "Emperor Band" will be added to the list of enchanted items that offer a bonus to experience points or limit points. Along with existing items, "Empress Band" and "Chariot Band," the "Emperor Band" can be obtained by trading your individual conquest points. Please note, however, that only one of the above three can be in your possession at any given time.
      sigpic
      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally Posted by Vyuru Due to popular demand, the following new emote commands will be added. Now you can dance just like a real dancer, regardless of job, location, or situation!
        /dance1
        /dance2
        /dance3
        /dance4

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        That's it, FFXI is over. Everyone, you can go home now. There's just no goddamn point anymore.

Or you could go and play WoW

YouTube - World Of Warcraft: Dancing

JTF

Comment

Regain is mob spell at the moment, why should COR get that when we already have Samurai Roll for a boost to Store TP? That buff is a lot more potent than people give it credit for. SAMs themselves probably notice it less than others, but then, that's the case for most rolls and thier respective classes. What matters is how if affects the allies around them.

I'm still of the opinion that if anyone gets Regain, no one deserves it more than WHM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            I don't know why people are getting so hopped-up on the weather-effects idea, COR never gets any buffs based directly on spells, but on job elements/traits/abilties. They take a little liberty here and there, but more often than not, there is a true dimension of the jobs in the Phantom Rolls.
            Emphasis added.

The thing about weather effects is that they aren't just a result of SCH's spells; they exist out in the world, too. Furthermore, SCH's job traits are all rehashes and its job abilities are mainly souped-up versions of previously existing job traits. One could even make an argument that Accession is a super-Divine Veil. About the only unique things SCH brings to the table are the weather spells and their ability to raise magic skill levels. Note that basing a roll on the latter would also step on Wizard's and Warlock's Rolls.

Note that by saying "if COR got a weather-based roll as the SCH one it'd work more like this", I wasn't trying to endorse the idea. I was just trying to actually add something to the discussion as opposed to merely subtracting. Would you rather that I just do the snarky Feba thing and only post one-line put-downs? -- Pteryx

Comment

Actually, I think Regain should go to BLM BBQ.

FFXI is supposed to be heavily based on FF1-3, and in FF1 BLM actually had a few party buffs (Steel and Temper)

WHM if anything should get Haste II >- >

Also I'd like to argue that SAM would notice the effect's roll (SAM roll that is) most since they already have Store TP and can thus abuse it more than any other job. It's currently possible (but very expensive and requires an 11) to get 25 TP a swing with a great katana. A 4-hit build using Soboro Sukehiro would blow Ridill WAR right out of the water IMO, especially with enough haste.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                COR lacks any haste buffs, so if DNC was a melee haste, SCH could be a magic haste.
                Ya that makes more sense, then what i said but i was only spit balling.

so you propse something like this then:

DNC, has a job ability that is haste (Haste Samba) i could see that becomeing DNC roll perty haste effect

SCH, offers spell cast reduction "haste" by 50% in its JA's so that could be used for giving other mages a Fast Castish trait.

Good job BBQ that makes much more sense.

sig courtesy tgm
                retired -08

Comment

I hope the band is a higher quality band for lv 38+...
                  Current Server: Asura
                  Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                  Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                  Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                  Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                  Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
                    I hope the band is a higher quality band for lv 38+...
                    Why would you hope for a ring you can't use on your lower leveled jobs? Bonus EXP is bonus EXP, regardless of your level. And since you can only have one in your possession at a time, it makes even less sense to do that.

Comment

Sincerely i hope this ring can not be used in ToA areas i pray to Altana this will not be usable in ToA areas. If i can get into a SC+MB party's again before i quit this game i may just level BLM.

sig courtesy tgm
                      retired -08

Comment

For much the same reason that it would be stupid to restrict the ring in level, it would also be stupid to restrict it in terms of area you can use it in. I mean, come on, people.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          For much the same reason that it would be stupid to restrict the ring in level, it would also be stupid to restrict it in terms of area you can use it in. I mean, come on, people.
                          I agree with you there, and since when has ANY item other than the Chocobo whistle and NPC been restricted to being used in any area. Thats just plain downright idiotic and sounds like it wasn't even thought through properly.

Comment

Well unless they alter the XP dynamics or limit a ring to a certain area that requires a traditionalparty setup, then the party dynamics for will remain broken.

TPBURN>MPBURN>SC+MB(traditional party)

Is how it sits now. The last time i saw a BLM in my party was in kuftal tunnel, unless i go refresh them.

Ufourtunatly at my time of thinking this SE stated you could only equip one ring at a time, now that its been changed to only one in the inventory at a time this may hinder the exp ring thing.

My original thughts were

Empress for ToA areas when you wish to party there
                            Epmperor for RoZ/CoP for those who wish to get a EMP+Sanction boost in a SC+MB setting.

Its not the exp bonus they need to change they need to make older areas more appealing to players, so they dont have certain jobs sitting around doing 1. Collecting Dust, 2. Soloing for 25+ levels on a BLM, or 75 if BST 3. whatever is wrong with PUP.

sig courtesy tgm
                            retired -08

Comment

The ring would have to have quite the bonus to drag people away from TOAU areas. And I think I can safely say that it won't have enough of one for all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
                                Or something worthwhile like guarantees weather effects.
                                That would completely void the Elemental Obis. Besides, how could that be enhanced by having a Scholar in the party(or having any use whatsoever without a Scholar?)
                                Originally posted by Ellipses
                                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                                Originally posted by MCLV
                                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                                More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                                X