Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes Scheduled for the March Version Update (03/04/2008)

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    I think S-E already said the Devs have no plans to do that, and extremely unlikely to change their minds. IIRC, one representative went as far as stating he expects players to toss the ring after using up the charges.
    If FFXI has taught us nothing else, it's that you don't toss anything unless you know for certain there is an easy way to get it back. I'm surprised they would expect us to do otherwise at this point.

Comment

I think S-E already said the Devs have no plans to do that, and extremely unlikely to change their minds. IIRC, one representative went as far as stating he expects players to toss the ring after using up the charges.
      i remeber reading somewhere that we could be able to re-charge the Anyversary ring at next aniversary event but only those that kept their ring would be able to do so...

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        New Blue Magic
        Dancer's Roll
        Scholar's Roll
        Teleport Spells
        Other job adjustments.
        I am also more interested in these BLU magic especially since im planning to move it to a potential LVL (maybe able to equip more spells to)

The rolls would be interesting maybe a TP regen thing for Dancer Roll or something like that, Or a Weather effect type roll for SCH roll that enhances the effect of weather in the region for the person with it on.

Other job updates im intrested in

Primarily RDM- melee buff thing aside we need some type of MACC boost to take reliance from staves more than anything. (Not to replace staves but to a point where we have better resaults with or with out them.) Since we can only spend a limite number of merits to boost them ourselves.

Something to make WAR a desirable Tank again maybe teir 2 Defender/Breserk type things, the reliance on PLD's and NIN's is hard now since they are scarce on my server except endgame.

There is one teleport i would like to see and only one, a tele point outside of WG, i have the quest for bastok > WG warp but im not always there to use it.

As for emperor band i hope it provides a bonus while partying in RoZ/CoP areas only to try and take away from the hell that ToA has caused, BLM,PUP,WHM are overlooked for parties because of the break neck speed. Sending us back to old haunts to earn decent XP and needing a traditional setup would be the easiest way to fix party dynamics for mid - endgame parties. Allowing BLM to come back, PUPs to get invites, and maybe restore the traditional Backline of RDM,WHM,BLM

The veil of fog is pretty exciting and showing us the "Crap" end of the update makes it even more so.
        Last edited by MrMageo; 03-04-2008, 02:37 PM. Reason: added emperor band stuff

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Mine's sitting in storage for eternity.

And I've long-since figured out DNC roll (Assuming my theories prove correct) I've been saying for months now it's going to be either Regain or Haste, unless SE decides to do something screwy thus forcing my foot into my mouth.

As for SCH roll, still don't have a damn clue. A Friend of mine said it could be weather effects or something like that.

EDIT: Holy crap, what if it's conserve MP? Seeing as Light/Dark Arts lowers MP Cost...
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
            The rolls would be interesting maybe a TP regen thing for Dancer Roll or something like that, Or a Weather effect type roll for SCH roll that enhances the effect of weather in the region for the person with it on.
            COR already has a TP buff - Samurai Roll.

I pretty much assume that Dancer's Roll will be Melee Haste and Scholar's Roll will be -% Recast. Given COR plays off of job traits and neither job offers anything new in that regard, I'm placing my bets SE will be giving us a split Haste to compete with, but not replace Haste in its other forms.

Comment

It would be nice if the Devs and Event Moogle NPCs could be on the same page.

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
              i remeber reading somewhere that we could be able to re-charge the Anyversary ring at next aniversary event but only those that kept their ring would be able to do so...
              You probably read that in a poster's theory on what might possibly, could be, who knows happen during a future Anniversary celebration event.

Edit:
              Given COR plays off of job traits and neither job offers anything new in that regard, I'm placing my bets SE will be giving us a split Haste to compete with, but not replace Haste in its other forms.
              Watch it be something funky like "Enhances weather effects" for SCH.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                Watch it be something funky like "Enhances weather effects" for SCH.
                Or something worthwhile like guarantees weather effects.
                Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
                How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
                  you mean like SCH's storm spells? >_>
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    you mean like SCH's storm spells? >_>
                    No, I mean something that makes SCH's storm spells \useful\.
                    Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
                    How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

now if only I could actually /slap people I'd be happy. :D
                      /toss when used right almost looks like a slap sometimes.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
                        COR doesn't deal in guarantees. The closest I could see COR getting here would be increasing the proc rate for the matching element and decreasing the proc rate for the "losing" element by, say, 4% on an unlucky roll, 8% on a 1, etc. up to 40% on a lucky roll and 44% on an 11. A bust, of course, would mean that for the COR, the bonus never happens and the penalty always does -- potentially a bummer for Quick Draw.

Of course, there's also the thought of "enhances weather effects" meaning increasing the damage bonus/penalty from it, possibly on 1.5 times the rate of Wizard's Roll to make up for the randomness. Or even a mixed thing -- increase/decrease proc rate by 2% per and when it procs increase/decrease by half the effect of an equivalent Wizard's Roll. -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                          COR doesn't deal in guarantees. The closest I could see COR getting here would be increasing the proc rate for the matching element and decreasing the proc rate for the "losing" element by, say, 4% on an unlucky roll, 8% on a 1, etc. up to 40% on a lucky roll and 44% on an 11. A bust, of course, would mean that for the COR, the bonus never happens and the penalty always does -- potentially a bummer for Quick Draw.

Of course, there's also the thought of "enhances weather effects" meaning increasing the damage bonus/penalty from it, possibly on 1.5 times the rate of Wizard's Roll to make up for the randomness. Or even a mixed thing -- increase/decrease proc rate by 2% per and when it procs increase/decrease by half the effect of an equivalent Wizard's Roll. -- Pteryx
                          I don't know why people are getting so hopped-up on the weather-effects idea, COR never gets any buffs based directly on spells, but on job elements/traits/abilties. They take a little liberty here and there, but more often than not, there is a true dimension of the jobs in the Phantom Rolls.

Here's an example of the liberties they've taken:

Rouge's Roll is based on Thief's ability to ensure a critical hit, so Rouge's Roll affects critical hit rate.

Ninja doesn't really have any job traits beyond DW, DW buff wouldn't make much sense, so instead, THF's Evasion bonus was given to Ninja Roll since NINs are known to be evasive.

Bard, like NIN, doesn't have many JAs or JTs going for it, so they just took a fact from BRD - their songs don't get interrupted no matter how much you wail on them. So Choral Roll gives an Aquaviel effect to simulate that.

Scholar has some notably unique Job Abilities and Traits. Lowered spell costs under Arts, the ability to halve MP costs and also cut spell-casting timers in half.

While SCH's weather spells are interesting, they don't make for much of a party buff.

What I see happening here is a few possible things:

Conserve MP has not been used for a Phantom Roll yet and Conserve MP would resemble a dimension of SCH via Arts.

COR lacks any haste buffs, so if DNC was a melee haste, SCH could be a magic haste.

Putting my bets on DNC Roll being a haste simply because trait/ability-wise, DNC is the only job COR could get such a Roll from at this point and it really needs a Haste buff. I see no reason to base it strictly on Haste Samba though, and would hope it would be true haste and not just a melee haste, especically since Hunter's Roll covers both forms of accuracy and Chaos Roll covers both forms of attack. Reduced spell costs from a Scholar's Roll or a Conserve MP buff would make a lot of sense. COR distinguishes itself from BRD by actually having useful mage buffs, let's keep them useful instead of gimmicky.

Finally, I just want the trend of COR's more highly useful buffs to continue, rather than us get vendor trash like 90% of all BRD songs are. A buff covering weather effects would be just that - vendor trash. Considering we already get MAB and MAcc buffs from BLM and RDM Rolls, I see no point in a weather effects buffs.

I'd also just like a Haste buff for the simple fact that my job seems to be beneath a RDM or WHM's consideration for Haste, you jerks. Just because other CORs are cheap bastards that backline the job doesn't mean we all are. Some of us do play the job right instead of playing an NQ BRD, you know. I didn't camp Joytoy because it looks cool, I camped it to spam Slug Shot and Detonator >.>;
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrr......I remember a moogle or something saying not to throw it away and save for next year

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                            DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                            BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                            Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

I don't know why people are getting so hopped-up on the weather-effects idea, COR never gets any buffs based directly on spells, but on job elements/traits/abilties.
                              I'm actually on the opposite end of "hopped-up" when it comes to SCH's control over weather effects. I think it's a novelty ability, and the cynic in me is saying that the COR will get an equally gimmicky roll.
                              Lyonheart
                              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

What if DNC Roll acts like Desperate Blows/Velocity Shot in that it lowers delay, but in the same way DB does as a "Pseudo Haste"?

That way it wouldn't count towards the haste limit, nor would it affect recast timers. A true haste effect would be more preferable but we'll have to wait and see. I still say it'll either base Haste or Regain. It's hard to say which I'd rather have to be honestly. At end game with a haste set up, obviously more haste would be better. But in the lower levels, Regain has some very nasty potential depending on the potency. I'm pretty sure they'll make it work exactly the same way Evoker's Roll does though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X