Details of the Next Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Details of the Next Version Update

So this is essentially a "hot fix" and not really a huge update? I thought since we had 1 update last month already we wouldn't get one until "Wings of the Goddess"?
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      What they really mean: We stealth-nerfed Omgwtfbbqkitten for no good reason and you caught us red-handed. Whoopsie!
      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        Oh shut up.
        QFT!!!!

Not made for this board but god it works
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Seriously though SE should really un-@%^$!^ RNG already.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'm still amazed some of you can't believe SE isn't just beta-testing shit on us with these weapon adjustments. I've never seen a "hot fix" update list so long and who knows what else they'll slip under the radar.

Omniblast, we're most likely due one more full update on ToA, there's some quest storyarchs and such that remain incomplete. They have one general left to cover on the Serpentgeneral quest storyline and I have a feeling its leading up to something.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

Seriously though SE should really un-@%^$!^ RNG already.

Rng is still a top endgame dd not well equipped they can still throw out good damage, that is what you get for paying for your damage.

Rng Blm was dominate in endgame for a long time, both jobs still are.
              War/nin with warriors real relic (ridill) were top dog for awhile.
              2h currently are top dog atm will have the shortest life on the list if nerf is bad.

Rng doesn't need to be the games best dd, seriously nothing has changed with ranger due to this update. "But i am getting out dd" If you don't have the best gear then do something about it, if you have relic gun full hq where available, kraken club and anything and everything for your ranger and getting out dded by a good/average player then we have an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                They have one general left to cover on the Serpentgeneral quest storyline and I have a feeling its leading up to something.
                Which one is left? Mihli?

I remember the 2 Humes and Zazarg. Those were good storylines.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

You dropped your tinfoil hat.

If the changes to all weapons were intentional then they would have been listed as such and they would be mentioned here as being either adjusted or rolled back.

It seems like a lot of things changed, but chances are only one or two did. It was just that it was an object that touched a whole lot of things.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

monsters equipped with two-handed weapons are higher than intended.
                    quick, someone go run tests on some random monster types, and some beastmen types, and see if the damage decreases in some random monster types matches the beastmen decreases later. It could confirm/deny that whole "all mobs have jobs/weapon types" thing for permanent.

Comment

I can't think of a mob type that genuinely weilds a two-handed weapon. Even fomors still swing at normal 240 Delay. It'd probably be something like Mammets or X/Y/Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        I can't think of a mob type that genuinely weilds a two-handed weapon. Even fomors still swing at normal 240 Delay. It'd probably be something like Mammets or X/Y/Z.
                        Mamools, Trolls, skeletons just off the top of my head.

orc dragoons 2

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                          Mamools, Trolls, skeletons just off the top of my head.
                          orc dragoons 2
                          Do they all have the long delay or just have the image of a 2h weapon.

I dunno, I never paid attention to that.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Skeletons? Maybe ToAU skellies, but others still have standard Delay, as do Orc Dragoons. It's mostly cosmetic. Can't comment on Trolls, never fought any, and I haven't paid much attention to the few Mamools I've fought.

If all those mobs had two-hander Delay, they'd be extremely easy to blink tank.

Comment

What about those Beastmen who SINGLE WIELD Claymores?

There are Yagudo Samurai and Orc Dragoons...

But those bastards definitely swing fast..
                              The Tao of Ren
                              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                              Originally posted by Kaeko
                              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

What about demons? I've never paid much attention to their attack rate.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                                X