• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details of the Next Version Update

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11242.shtml

Updates
    Sep. 6, 2007 08:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Details of the Next Version Update

The next FINAL FANTASY XI version update is scheduled to take place on Sep. 10, 2007. Following are the details on features that will be implemented on next version update.

Details for the maintenance schedule will be released once they become available.

[Important Update Details]
    - Addition of "Pankration."

- Adjustment on the accuracy of weapon skills "Guillotine" and "Penta Thrust."

The following issues will be addressed:
    - Monster ability statistics are lower than intended.

- Ability statistics of Automatons and Pets are lower than intended.

- Graphic of Goblin Bounty Hunter continues to appear even after it is defeated.

- Players are unable to correctly enter Hazhalm Testing Grounds when checking the "Entry Gate" without a "Glowing Lamp" in their possession.

- All random number calculations for damage amounts are not being calculated properly.

- Amount of damage is not being corrected properly when characters are equipped with two-handed weapons.

- Both the attack and accuracy of monsters equipped with two-handed weapons are higher than intended.

- The TP of beastmaster's pets slowly continues to decrease while they were not engaged in battle.

- Attachments do not function properly when Automatons have both "Stealth Screen" and "Optical Fiber" attached.

- Automaton continues to cast magic on player characters that are KO'd.

- Under certain combinations of heads and frames, Automatons will try to cast spells continuously.

- When a "Chocobuck Slip" and Chocobucks are both traded, players may be able to carry more than the maximum allowed Chocobucks.

- When "Tandjana Wildgrass" is used during the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game, the cursor pointing to the treasure chest will not appear if the cancel button is pressed at a specific time.

- Item icons do not appear in the Delivery Box. (Xbox 360 version only)

- Macros might not function depending on how the name of certain items are included.
    * To avoid this issue, please enter item names either in abbreviated format or by using the auto-translate function.

- When entering text commands, shortcuts such as "<t>" will not function properly if a phrase using quotation marks (') is included.
    Last edited by Taskmage; 09-06-2007, 07:30 AM. Reason: quote tags. stop. please.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Re: Details of the Next Version Update

Addition of "Pankration."
    Yay.

- Adjustment on the accuracy of weapon skills "Guillotine" and "Penta Thrust."
    Hmm.

- All random number calculations for damage amounts are not being calculated properly.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Penta acc is worse then before the update lol, i had multiple one hits on dynamis mobs, i have never had a 1 hit before lol.
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I didn't really notice a decline on Penta accuracy before. It should be interesting to see where everything ends up after monday.

Comment

- Both the attack and accuracy of monsters equipped with two-handed weapons are higher than intended.

lol yikes
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            lol yikes
            Did anyone other then Sevv think otherwise?
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

At level 73 I was rocking Beseiged NMs with 1500 damage Pentas. It was nice while it lasted.

Comment

That line says monsters, not players. I wonder if AV noticed that he suddenly had +75 attack and accuracy. :3
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Could this also be a fix for RNG? Knowing SE I highly incredibly f'ing doubt it. If anything at all, it's probably gimping RNG even more.

- Monster ability statistics are lower than intended.
                  This might also be a factor why 2handers are doing an insane amount of damage.
                  Last edited by Dymlos; 09-06-2007, 07:58 AM.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                  'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?&quot;
                  Dymlos
                  Bahamut server
                  Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Interesting, so it looks like the dex = acc is here to stay then.

Should be interesting to see how this changes things ^^

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

This might end up being a MNK 'fix' as well

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        This might end up being a MNK 'fix' as well
                        Explains why everything seemed off. Even if it was just a little in some cases.

I wonder if AV noticed that he suddenly had +75 attack and accuracy
                        Afterwards he wondered why he wasn't killing any faster. Then someone had to explain the idea of diminishing returns to him.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

This is a pretty damn obvious one; look at your damage on anything Too Weak. I was farming Jellies in Korroloka Tunnel for Slime Oil using my standard setup. Every mainhand (Chicken Knife) strike did 30. Every offhand (Bone Knife +1) strike did 27. The only exception was Sneak Attack and critical hits. That's a kind of numeric consistency you're just not supposed to see.

Whether this is at the root of the 1-hand/h2h farming difficulties that have been reported or not is uncertain, but hardly seems unlikely.
                          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                          Clothcraft 24
                          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

All random number calculations for damage amounts are not being calculated properly.
                            What they really mean: We stealth-nerfed one-handers, hand-to-hand and ranged attacks for no good reason and you caught us red-handed. Whoopsie!
                            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-06-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              What they really mean: We stealth-nerfed one-handers, hand-to-hand and ranged attacks for no good reason and you caught us red-handed.
                              Oh shut up.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X