Details of the Next Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Details of the Next Version Update

Demons don't neither. Nothing from Zilaart and the original areas does to my knowledge. Maybe some Zilaart Mission mobs but I highly doubt that too.

Comment

mamools + trolls seem to have a longer delay.
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
        - Both the attack and accuracy of monsters equipped with two-handed weapons are higher than intended.
        I don't think they mentioned delay of 2handed mobs at all. Just thier acc and att. Just because they swing faster than a normal 2 hand mob doesn't mean thier actually 1 handed weapons; the damage from the weapon is like the damage to a 2 handed weapon.

Perhaps mobs just have built in haste trait, delay-reducing traits and such. Just like many mobs have no recast timer, I've seen mobs cast Banish III back to back where as I have to wait for the recast to cool down. Don't really see that as unbalanced as we usually attack the mob as a group of 6, shouldn't they get a few benifits?

Comment

Given that ToAU mobs can actually lose weapons/change weapon modes, I wouldn't put it past them.

To know for sure, get hit 10 times by one of them without having any Store TP and without getting hit by any spells. TP you get from mobs = TP they get (which uses the same formulas as us) /3. The 2 we usually see actually corresponds to 6.4/3, which gets rounded down to 2.1. If you get more than 21 TP after 10 hits it's definetely swinging slower.

EDIT:
          I don't think they mentioned delay of 2handed mobs at all. Just thier acc and att. Just because they swing faster than a normal 2 hand mob doesn't mean thier actually 1 handed weapons; the damage from the weapon is like the damage to a 2 handed weapon.

Perhaps mobs just have built in haste trait, delay-reducing traits and such. Just like many mobs have no recast timer, I've seen mobs cast Banish III back to back where as I have to wait for the recast to cool down. Don't really see that as unbalanced as we usually attack the mob as a group of 6, shouldn't they get a few benifits?
          Every mob in the game can be assumed to have 240 Delay unless otherwise stated. Exceptions are extremely rare. Considering mobs don't use shields and NIN mobs don't dual wield, there wouldn't have been any need for S-E to make a distinction in the past. Hell, I don't think half those mobs actually hit harder than their one-handed buddies. Even if they did, it may as well be a one-handed weapon with high DMG.
          Last edited by Armando; 09-06-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
            My bet would be is there is a different modifier in every calculation (delay, damage, resistance, tp gain etc.) that is set to 1 (no change) if you're a player and to something else if you're a mob.

That way you have the same calculations for everything while still having the mobs have their advantages.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

anyone else reminded of this?

PETER
              You said the thing was supposed to work.

MICHAEL
              Well, technically it did work.

PETER
              No it didn't!

SAMIR
              It did not work, Michael, ok?!

MICHAEL
              Ok! Ok!

SAMIR
              Ok?!

MICHAEL
              Ok! Ok! I must have, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
              or something. Shit. I always do that. I always mess up some mundane
              detail.

PETER
              Oh! What is this fairly mundane detail, Michael?!!!!!

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                anyone else reminded of this?
                Why yes, someone else was.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                  Why yes, someone else was.

thought it sounded familiar

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

lol
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

yikes 2 haned fixes allready!
                      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                      (have fun MMO players ^^)
                      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

I'm lost.

What 'fixes.' I havn't played in 4-5months.

If you could clear this up for me lol, that would be nice,
                        did they make 2-handed weapons over powered and are now gimping it down a bit? or are they just gimping it down a bit? I need explanations!
                        In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                        And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                        Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                        Yeah, It’s true.
                        It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Tipsy, SE basically "overbuffed" 2-handers by mistake with the latest update, and with the new pDIF calculations, 2-handers aren't supposed to be doing over 2K-3K in damage, according to them (AND us). They should be fixing this in the 9/11 update.

...and I just had a thought...what if the whole update happened ON 9/11?

Comment

I thought they bumped it to Sept 10?
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                              If the changes to all weapons were intentional then they would have been listed as such and they would be mentioned here as being either adjusted or rolled back

It seems like a lot of things changed, but chances are only one or two did. It was just that it was an object that touched a whole lot of things.
                              What changed after the update with a job like monk is that thier damage now caps at 120-140 per hit on too weak/easy prey, even when a critical hit takes place it will not exceed 140, which it should. A WAR could go hit that same TW/EP mob for 324 and not exceed 324 on the critical hit, either.

The update to the Two-handed weapons was not handled properly and came at the expense of several existing DD jobs. That should never happen, but for the bitter players looking for thier "turn" in the spotlight, they told the rest of us to stop complaining when we had every right to do so based on the data.

Comment

What changed after the update with a job like monk is that thier damage now caps at 120-140 per hit on too weak/easy prey, even when a critical hit takes place it will not exceed 140, which it should.
                                Avatars have the same problem ; ;
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X