Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8-27 Update!

FFXIO Data mine thread

Afk to actually read wtf I just updated for everyone lol.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
      A new text command “/translate” has been introduced.
      Using this text command, players will be able to see the translations for item names in Japanese, English, French, and German. Translated terms will be automatically added to the auto-translate dictionary under the category “Items”.
      The “/translate” command is used in the following manner:
      Example: Fire Crystal
      English to Japanese: /translate “Fire Crystal” ej
      English to French: /translate “Fire Crystal” ef
      English to German: /translate “Fire Crystal” eg
      *This text command currently functions for item names only.
      **It is also possible to translate from another language into English, provided the term is spelled correctly.
      Example: French to English: /translate “cristal de feu” fe
      ***The term to be translated can be marked with either single or double quotation marks.

W o w .

This is a seriously GOOD addition to the chat system, especially if it allows NA or EU folks to type kata & kanji without Windower or the JP version installed. Major props to S-E!!

Edit: Now that I think about it, this will also allow the more colorful folks to type stuff like "Your mother was a hamster." as an auto-translated phrase.. just great..
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

It probably is, its pretty much a given you could make Steel Bullets from Steel Ingots.

And Steel Ingots aren't too hard to get.

Comment

It does have the ex tag in the file from the miner probably a mistake otherwise that is shitty lol.
          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Luzaf's Ring
            Increases "Phantom Roll" area
            of effect
            Lv.40
            Worst, item, EVER!

Thats only going to be slightly usefull in Endgame events, but god, if my PR AoE goes up or down constantly, It would screw up my buffs like mad, I'd be getting the wrong buffs on the wrong people... well all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
              W o w .
              This is a seriously GOOD addition to the chat system, especially if it allows NA or EU folks to type kata & kanji without Windower or the JP version installed. Major props to S-E!!
              Edit: Now that I think about it, this will also allow the more colorful folks to type stuff like "Your mother was a hamster." as an auto-translated phrase.. just great..

READ!!.... it said that this function is for item names only.

Like crystals, armor, and weapons
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
                Worst, item, EVER!

Thats only going to be slightly usefull in Endgame events, but god, if my PR AoE goes up or down constantly, It would screw up my buffs like mad, I'd be getting the wrong buffs on the wrong people... well all the time!
                Not neccessarily the worst item. For rolls like Corsairs Roll or say evokers in a manaburn party, this item could be very handy. Basically letting Cors be like bards by having instruments to effect the range of rolls, can't see that as a bad thing really. I would like to see an item more designed to restrict the roll radius for camps that are more difficult to have distance between the mages and melee.

It's a bet peeve of mine leveling mulitple support jobs that I always got left out of corsairs roll. Not that the roll is used a lot at various levels, but when you do you it, I don't like only half the party getting more exp than the other half. :/

Comment

you have cors that actually use corsair's roll? @_@
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post

Yes they do exist, and now it's going to be an even better buff than before ^_^

Come on 35-40% EXP on an 11! >. >b

Also, found this for fun:

@ - @ I wants to be a NIN/BLM
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I use it, but only in manaburn.

I like having a 3'rd roll, so i can throw up a repeat roll before the oher wears out, this is because you don't want the mages spread out when you have to reroll evokers.

And well, Corsairs roll is the only one worth its salt as you arent doing damage in a manaburn lol.

lol Mala, never thought of super duper extra exp bonus from the update lol

Comment

Two conditions I roll Corsair's Roll at present:

(1) Manaburn - very easy to manage
                        (2) TP Burn with a BRD that's pulling.

If I'm pulling, you get what you get because I'm doing most of the work and I don't have time to concern myself with where you stand. Let me do what I want (read: DD + Buff and a good setup to base my rolls on) and you'll get Corsair's Roll.

Comment

I don't see much of this new set gear matching (though I do like that for what I see so far, a lot of it is non-standard stuff. e.g. shield, and earring instead of body/head/etc.).

Those grips are exactly as powerful as I expected. e.g. Double attack +2% tops. Oh well, not disappointed. I do kinda wish they would've left Raging Rush tp->damage. I have a feeling the 2 handed changes would be enough for it. I also wish the crit one was 4% instead of 3 but once again, I think the 2 handed changes are enough for much jubilation -- Grips just make my 2 hander more fun, not more powerful.

Also, I wonder if that mage grip would be useful for DRKs. mp+20 enmity-2 one.

As for the DRG weapon skills, I think I like the changes. Penta Thrust being a crit to tp would just be too much. This change will (hopefully) help keep both weapon skills useful. Warriors will still be stuck with Rampage-or-buff mentality.
                          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                            I was thinking in lower level parties where they don't neccessarily have much else to offer. My memories of being left out of the roll was in Lower Defults Tower, and occasionally in Quicksand Caves.

However, if you have top notch melee (Ridills, Black Belts, tons of HQ) and you don't need all that extra damage, I can't see the harm in Corsair's Roll. Friend in my LS who's been experimenting with rolls in meripo, our average exp/hr is increasing with corsairs roll over other buffs the majority of times. Especially against mobs like Colibri that are super weak as it is, mamools I'd still prefer a normal buff over Corsair's Roll.

Comment

Hahahahaha

hahahahahah

hahahahahaha...

...The Pit is delayed yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                                Hahahahaha

hahahahahah

hahahahahaha...

...The Pit is delayed yet again.
                                Something as big as the pit would get its own little report from SE. Would not be included in the main report, hell even the chocobo stuff gets its own report. Not at the same time as the main one.

But wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed again, all good things are lol

Comment

Working...
                                X