Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regional Data Centers and World Transfers (06/05/2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Data Centers and World Transfers (06/05/2013)

Regional Data Center Placement

To ensure players in all regions have an enjoyable experience in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, Worlds have been redistributed across newly established regional data centers as outlined below.

Characters from Version 1.0 will be automatically transferred to new Worlds bearing the same names as before.

Version 1.0 FFXIV: ARR
    World Name Location World Name Location
    Ridill Japan → Ridill Japan
    Masamune Japan → Masamune Japan
    Durandal Japan → Durandal Japan
    Aegis Japan → Aegis Japan
    Gungnir Japan → Gungnir Japan
    Sargatanas Japan → Sargatanas North America/Europe
    Balmung Japan → Balmung North America/Europe
    Hyperion Japan → Hyperion North America/Europe
    Excalibur Japan → Excalibur North America/Europe
    Ragnarok Japan → Ragnarok North America/Europe
    * Ragnarok is recommended for players in the European time zones. Please note this is a recommendation only; players from other regions are free to play on Ragnarok.

World Transfers

To guarantee characters are placed in the appropriate region, we recommend submitting a World transfer application.

As the NDA will be lifted as of phase 3 of the beta test, you may freely consult with your friends in or outside the game before submitting your application.

* Players are free to transfer their characters to any region they desire.

Requirements

Applicants must have characters on their FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts.

Application Period

Applications will be accepted starting mid-June. An announcement will be made at a later time when the date has been finalized.

World Transfer Date

At the start of beta phase 4.

World Transfer Application Process

During the World transfer application period indicated above, players will be able to select a destination World on the World Transfer Application Page.

* The World Transfer Application Page will go live at a later date.

Notes Regarding the World Transfer

All character data will be transferred, with the following exceptions:

Character Names

After the transfer, if two or more characters with the same first and last name exist in the same World, only one character can keep the name, based on the order of priority below.

1. Characters that qualify for Legacy status.
    2. Characters whose subscriptions ended after September 30, 2012.
    3. Characters that were created first.

In the event that your character must be renamed, please enter a new name by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in following the World transfer.
    * Players may voluntarily rename their characters even if their name takes precedence.

Retainer Names

The names and appearances of retainers as well as any items in their possession have been carried over from Version 1.0. However, players who transfer Worlds will be required to rename their retainer.

Please review the details of the character data transfer.

* All items held by retainers will be carried over.

Linkshells

In the event a linkshell master moves to a different World, a new master will be selected automatically from the remaining members.

Friend lists/Blacklists

Although friend lists and blacklists will be carried over from Version 1.0, players no longer in the same World will not be displayed. Also, please note that players who were on your friend list will appear as pending friend requests, which you must accept.

The Lodestone

A new version of The Lodestone has been created. Both versions will be available concurrently for a brief period of time. The current version will then be archived and made viewable through the new Lodestone. Data including blogs and character history will no longer be updated.

Source: FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Last edited by Hayde; 06-05-2013, 07:37 AM.

Re: Regional Data Centers and World Transfers (06/05/2013)

NA/EU lumped together? So this means that everyone in the EU is going to get insane latency if the servers are in the US or Japan -_-

Anyway if the EU players are heading to Ragnarok then I'm probably going for that.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

A lot of us were already on Ragnarok (Ygg, Aeni and I anyway) but hmm... might actually be able to get onto Exaclibur now.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        A lot of us were already on Ragnarok (Ygg, Aeni and I anyway) but hmm... might actually be able to get onto Exaclibur now.
        Most of us were on Rag in some capacity--I remember Etra, Raydeus, Dux, and myself on there as well. Anyway, if Rag ends up becoming the designated EU server--I might consider other options (here's hoping there isn't some silly cap like last time -_-) as I genuinely want to get involved in 'end-game' to some capacity as long as my current schedule allows it. Not to mention my alternative plans if the DiV LS ends up for whatever reason not coming to fruition--I have a few old XI/XIV friends who are interested in coming who would be more inclined to roll on an "NA" server.

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting this. Freaky timing though, as I was just wondering about a few things this morning.

A few questions for those more knowledgeable than I...
          • Since most of us were on Ragnarok, and that is officially an EU server now, anyone thinking of moving? (I'm NA, and I wonder about the timezone differences)
          • I'm actually considering just starting over with a new character, on a new server. You know, untouched economy and all that. Anyone else considered this?
          • Lastly, should I decide to start another character on a new server, do my legacy items carry over? Or will I only get my legacy goodies on a legacy server?

I'm sure this information is listed somewhere, but don't much feel like braving the beta forums to find it.

Comment

We should decide on a server now and jump ship right when transfers go live. If you all remember last transfer, Excalibur closed up one hour after transfers opened.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
              We should decide on a server now and jump ship right when transfers go live. If you all remember last transfer, Excalibur closed up one hour after transfers opened.
              I don't "think" (read: "hope") this will be the case since supposedly they are allowing PS3 and new/returning players to roll on the legacy servers as well. Would make little sense for them to close up transfers to say, Excalibur but let a PS3 player roll on it. I can't find confirmation for this other than claims by other players regarding this--but it would be awful silly of them not to let old players play with their friends without rerolling. Then again, it IS Square Enix...

EDIT: Some typos, grammar's--probably still missing a bunch, feeling a bit groggy today.
              Last edited by Hayde; 06-05-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Just FYI, Ragnarok WAS the official EU server from the last world transfer during 1.0 The reason why many of us landed there was because it was an extremely impossible task to get all DiV members to any of the other servers (due to mass application, congestion and tons of inactive players clogging up the database)

I hope SE transferred all inactive accounts (inactive from 1.0) to a temporary holding section of the lobby server where they can then choose a world to move to (provided they have not completed the transfer process through application)

I'll ask my IRL friends what they think...

Comment

Yeah and I think that Spanish guy's LS he posted adds for earlier was on Excalibur... it seems like a decent enough one. I'm surprised that Durandal is JP, given the amount of NA on there (including the BG crowd)

My vote once again is for Excalibur, but we gotta decide this ASAP and all move. I don't feel like staying on Ragnarok honestly (even though I love the name).
                  sigpic

Comment

I have no qualms with any server. If we have a lot of members only rolling on Ragnarok, it might be considerate to join them there. If they plan on joining some other LS, then they can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                      I have no qualms with any server. If we have a lot of members only rolling on Ragnarok, it might be considerate to join them there. If they plan on joining some other LS, then they can go fuck themselves with a cactus.
                      I'm game for any server that can have playtimes around 6pm PST / 9pm EST
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I haven't gotten any response yet, but I'll be leaving Ragnarok (where my characters/retainers are currently parked) because having it technically tuned specifically for the EU region isn't going to do any wonders for my own latency half-way around the world.

Comment

So, Excalibur then? Before hordes of people flock to it?
                          sigpic

Comment

I would vote Excalibur with Hyperion as a backup.
                            sigpic

Comment

Excalibur sounds good
                              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                              RANK 10 Bastok
                              CoP: Done
                              ZM: Done
                              ToA: Done
                              Assault rank: Captain
                              Campaign Medal: Medals
                              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X