Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta Testers unite to force SE to remove Fatigue system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Testers unite to force SE to remove Fatigue system?

ya I have a feeling a lot of testers will send a lot of feedback messages to SE through FFXIV Beta about removing the Fatigue system and good reasons why, and reasons why it's a bad thing and stuff, it's very possible!

Afterall, it was the community that convinced SE to improve and speeden up the battle system, so maybe there is a chance to remove the fatigue system too?

Re: Beta Testers unite to force SE to remove Fatigue system?

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    ya I have a feeling a lot of testers will send a lot of feedback messages to SE through FFXIV Beta about removing the Fatigue system and good reasons why, and reasons why it's a bad thing and stuff, it's very possible!

Afterall, it was the community that convinced SE to improve and speeden up the battle system, so maybe there is a chance to remove the fatigue system too?

No we wont, why? Because no one fully knows what the Surplus EXP even really is.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

convince them to remove durability, as well.
      Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

oh ya that's another thing, I haven't noticed any gameplay or visual details of how durability is tracked.

no one fully knows what the Surplus EXP even really is.
        but doesn't that still mean that people have limited hours to actually get any XP for their main class per week after all those hours are spent?
        That's still a mountain load of something to rant about, no matter how much big the surplus EXP. It still limits those that play every night every day of every week.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
          It still limits those that play every night every day of every week.
          thats the problem......you should not be playing that much to begin with....

Originally posted by abknight View Post
          why? its not a problem, it takes a good while to wear a weapon/armor down to 0, and even then you dont loose it, you just dont get any of the stat bonuses from it untill you fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
            thats the problem......you should not be playing that much to begin with.....
            Why? Who are you to tell me how much is too much? I work part time and only when there is work so I work sporadically. If I want to get in game every night and exp for 5-6 hours a night or all damn day for days, it's my life and my choice, not yours and not SE's.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
              Why? Who are you to tell me how much is too much? I work part time and only when there is work so I work sporadically. If I want to get in game every night and exp for 5-6 hours a night or all damn day for days, it's my life and my choice, not yours and not SE's.
              and you can do that without a problem, that's what people are not getting......

again no one knows what Surplus EXP does, for all we know it does something good later in game.

Comment

well hmm, at least we can still play more than 8 hours at a time.

But without leveling up what do we do? >.> Craft? eek. nuuuu. Um um, I guess we could start a protector squad to like protect and rescue other parties, or something to pass the time in Eorzea....

Comment

Originally posted by abknight View Post
                  Durability is realistic and fair, not to mention if you remove it then Blacksmith and Armorer lose half their meaning in the game.

In FFXI, once you hit max level, for most jobs, overall cost eventually is minimized. For COR, NIN and RNG it remains as constant as it did during the EXP levels. It never stops. Why should you get to enjoy less maintenance when other jobs have to maintain a higher level their whole career, even in endgame?

FFXI's lack of wear and tear is, quite frankly, one of the largest sources of bullshit in the game. Because a scorpion harness can't be damaged, it isn't removed from the system. Eventually one day inflation hits and there's so much of it that it will permanently lose its value.

I'm not complaining about the maintenance my jobs had, I just don't think its fair other jobs were allowed to get by on less. Item permanence was murder on COR, NIN and RNG in the long run. The AH dried up on what those jobs needed to get by because people eventually realized they were getting a raw deal on those jobs and crafters were no longer able to sell ammo and tools, so they stopped and moved on to other crafts.

If you wanted to continue those jobs You either took up a craft - and the crafting system in FFXI is still horrible - or you moved on to another job if you couldn't get the tools and ammo (which only drove down demand for the crafters further).

This is the system you want back? Pfft.
                  Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM.

Comment

and you can do that without a problem, that's what people are not getting......

again no one knows what Surplus EXP does, for all we know it does something good later in game.
                    Thats not the point that you made. The speculation is that you are limited to a certain amount of hours to exp per week and you know thats what we were talking about. You seem to think this is a good idea that SE should limit peoples time. Thats like paying to go to an amusement park like Great America where there are dozens of rides but then you are told that you are only allowed to go on 5. What I do with my playtime should be my business as long as I'm not breaking the rules. If this move by SE is what everyone is thinking it is, its asinine.
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I guess it is SE's choice on how much you play ffxiv.........

Comment

It is probably like Rested EXP in WOW where you get a bonus amount for a period of time (say 200% EXP) but after your time is up (rest bonus time) you revert to just getting 100%. It is an incentive more so to those who CAN'T play all the time. So they don't get to far left behind. For example

Player A gets 20,000K EXP because he was able to log in every day for a week
                        Player B gets 20,000K EXP at the same time, but he was only able to play 4/7 days in the week.

It keeps everyone close.

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Amariu View Post
                          I guess it is SE's choice on how much you play ffxiv.........

well that is terrible decision deciding how much time people spend or level in FFXIV, that will drive many players away and play other mmorpgs instead, even if the others ones graphics and world aren't as superb. That kind of decision is something a company should never do for something people pay real money every month to play whenever they want (outside of maintanence.)

Well there's always FFXI (lol), but SE really is going to be forced into a corner until they remove fatigue. and if they won't bend, then people will just play something else online. It's a shame if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                            Thats not the point that you made. The speculation is that you are limited to a certain amount of hours to exp per week and you know thats what we were talking about. You seem to think this is a good idea that SE should limit peoples time. Thats like paying to go to an amusement park like Great America where there are dozens of rides but then you are told that you are only allowed to go on 5. What I do with my playtime should be my business as long as I'm not breaking the rules. If this move by SE is what everyone is thinking it is, its asinine.
                            and now you are assuming things, I never once said I think its a good idea to limit a players game time. I was mainly referring to the people that play just a little to much.

Switching jobs removes the effect for the new job you are leveling, and there is a big thing about leveling multiple jobs.

If you have that much time to play, then play one job for 8 hours, then switch to another and play it for 8 hours...or hell gather stuff, or craft. There will be plenty to do trust me.

Comment

and now you are assuming things, I never once said I think its a good idea to limit a players game time. I was mainly referring to the people that play just a little to much.
                              And who are you to determine what is too much for someone? Do you do it on a case by case basis? Or do you just make blanket judgments like the one above?

Comment

Working...
                              X