Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As FFXIV approaches and more news comes in, are you more or less excited about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As FFXIV approaches and more news comes in, are you more or less excited about it

I'm going in FFXIV the same way I went toward FFXI, souped up with the latest knowledge and STILL freakin' clueless (and immersed) in it's world.

Gonna have some good times, I know it. /nod /nod
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Re: As FFXIV approaches and more news comes in, are you more or less excited about it

Originally posted by Omecle View Post
      Also I disagree that many friends are forgettable unless you meet them in real life. I have friends who I've known in FFXI since 2003-2004 and they don't play anymore but I still keep in touch with them through Facebook and MSN, still very good friends.

I agree. A group of strangers started a gaming group way back in the days of the BBS. We've been together now for 25ish years and are still going strong. I haven't met most of the people in the group but some I have. I am a godmother to one persons child, I was the "best man" at anothers wedding, and the person I'm closest to in the group I've never met because he lives in Sweden.

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
      Not really excited for it at all. They have not shown a single thing that will somehow differentiate it/make it more interesting than any other MMO currently on the market.

I'll give it a fair try if I get into the beta or if there's a free trial some time after release, but as of now there is no way I am throwing money down for it.
      Ya pretty much how I feel. I do have a friend that calls me and talks to me for hours trying to get me excited. I feel sorry for him because he fails at it. lol
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm actually surprised at how many people are apprehensive about XIV, honestly. The poll reflects pretty much what I expected but some of the posts have surprised me. I guess I don't have to feel so bad about not playing (if I choose not to) when friends bug me and bitch at me to play. I can just make up the "I'm broke" excuse, which really isn't exactly a made up excuse.

I don't know, maybe something will change and as it gets closer to release I'll decide to pick it up. I didn't start XI until shortly after CoP release and even back then, people were talking about the game's death. But then again, it was nice to start with the game already modestly established, while we were all pretty newb back then (blueberry PLDs and Errant was the shit for all casters, etc.) the game had sort of lived a little by then; had its own dynamic. I think maybe it would be really weird to start up an MMO on release, when there's nothing established community/playstyle/etc. wise. I dig the idea of exploring, but honestly I explored FFXI just fine on my own in 2004, well after the NA release.

But then I might feel the way I did in XI, trying to play catch up like I felt like I was doing by starting when I did. I don't know. I'm still pretty much on the fence, but mostly leaning towards nah.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

At the moment, the most exciting thing about FF14 is the opportunity to make a bunch of characters and use the names of my LSmates and friends to piss them off when they're unavailable.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

The only thing i havent liked about the information released so far is the lack of it lol so far the mages are outnumbered. first thing to come out was DD jobs and crafting/HELM stuff. now we see 2 mages and so far they look a bit dissapointing. according to info released on interviews all spells are AoE. and last i checked a DD or tank cant take on more than 1 mob at a time unless hes got an AoE voke. but lets say he does for the sake of skipping that issue. theres the issue of the interview saying that you pull many mobs at a timeto get experience and more mobs = good/better. Unless zones in 14 are extremely and excessivly huge....all i see is fighting over a party hogging all the mobs in the zone. other than that the concept of everythign else is fascinating.

considering the fact that there are now female and male monsters. mosnters kill other monsters. and then you have the job change which can be done simply by sheathing a weapon and then changing the weapon. and then drawing your weapon again. ahh theres jsut too many unknowns. untill they release more info i cant say what ill do however id still like to try it. years ago i never bothered trying ffxi. then i regretted not trying it and joined it when it was in the crawl stage. woudl ahve liked to have been in the games prime. as i tell my friends id rahter go back toteh days of fighting over people encroaching on your camp rather than have no party to begin with.

Comment

I want to welcome FFXIV but it is also hard to let go of FFXI because it has become a big part of my life and I think I can speak for everyone on that point.
              Emmanuell
              Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
              95 DRK, 95 BST
              Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

The lancer job is the only thing I need to keep me interested in FFXIV. Poking things with a long stick is what I do best. That and running, oh yes, I do so love to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  I've become more excited about it, but given that my reception of it was pretty lukewarm in the first place that doesn't say a lot. I'll at least give it a try one way or another, but whether I stick with it depends on a lot.
                  Couldn't have put it better myself. I put FFXI behind me because it was turning more into a chore to log in than it was fun, and unless Square-Enix has learned some new lessons since then, I'm not expecting more more from FFXIV. Still, I'm willing to keep an open mind and at least try the game out for a while.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Fliegar View Post
                    Poking chicks with a long stick is what I do best.
                    Me too.
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X