This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: call me crazy?

Yes, I'm a THF i had a coffer there too. What people fail to realize is that we have to go through the same exact thing, but we dont complain and cry and tell them to fix it. If you do something such as tell one of the THF that you are trying to get your AF and ask if they can help you find a coffer, I'm sure at least 1 would. I know I've let many people take a coffer i could have picked. Another simple thing is to put it in your comment. I, for one, searched a lot to see who was still here, who was coming, who had left. If I saw you with your comment I would have sent a tell. And now when you guys arent complaining about coffers, tehre are many just sitting around the area, and the price of astrals has reached about 1M (on my server) just as i saw it going to those many months ago....

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I had it in my comment. I asked the thieves there if I could have one. No avail. Sure, some may do it, but most won't.

Yes, the coffers are sitting there, unless people are looking for them. That's the way things are supposed to be for AF. In JP and NA prime timezones there is light competition, usually. What gave you the idea that coffers are to be opened as soon as they spawn? It used to be that way in Oztroja because of the rings, but nowhere else.

And, finally, Astral Rings aren't a thief-only money source. You can get friends together and take your chance at getting one.

Also, with overall inflation, the Astral Ring price would have gone up either way. Most likely not this much, but they'd be sitting at a steady 500k by now, too. And also, gilsellers would be a fierce competition.
      Last edited by Miriamel; 07-06-2005, 09:28 AM.
      BRD75/WHM75/BLM75/RDM75/SMN70/NIN67/MNK33/WAR33/THF15/etc
      Race: Elvaan. I just like to play with race changer. :3
      Zilart, CoP completed
      Vrtra downed.

San d'Oria Rank 10 & Windurst Rank 10
      FFXI journal

Comment

Coffers are not AF only things. Why would they put in a TREASURE chest just to have it sit there waiting for some person to come along and open it for a quest. If they werent meant to be opened then they wouldnt make them chests, they wouldnt ahve them at all.

And yes, now it isnt a THF only way of making money, but for those that need to buy them, instead of them being 120-200k the are now at a steady 800-900k. There were so many more on the market when we could get them from coffers that even if you couldnt pick them, you could easily afford them.

And there was always the option of asking a friend of yours to get an astral for you. I had my friends give me some tools (Shinobi-Tabi and picks) and I'd go and try to get them a ring. If I had anything left over I'd pay for the picks or if they felt they wanted to, they would let me have them for free. I did that for quite a few people, and I used to give them to people who had a birthday coming up as well or who had helped me with something in the past.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
          There are much more important things to get before Astrals for 5 more mp. If you really want 5 more mp, grab some death earrings for a whole lot less money. Astrals are near the bottom of the "to-buy" list, especially later when total mp plays less of a role.
          QFT all the answer you need. Save up for something more usefull.
          Last edited by :+:Pal[A]diN:+:; 07-06-2005, 12:51 PM.
          PANDEMONIUM

Nites 75RDM/BLM - Rank 10

I need a buddy pass!

Comment

You totally ignored the fact that Oztroja by now would be a gilseller paradise. That's probably the thing SE most wanted to counteract.

Coffers are mostly AF things. I for one would not go out of my way to get a key just to open something worth 12k. SE knows very well that if they put something valuable in a coffer, thieves will take advantage of it. The only ways to fix this is A) not put valuable items in coffers; or B) remove a thief's ability to pick coffers.

And really, if I wanted to buy Astrals now, I'd feel better buying them from someone who earned them in a BCNM than shove my money down gilsellers' throats. Was far too easy money for thieves, gilsellers or regulars.

As for the friends, what if you don't have a thief friend high enough and willing to pick an Astral for you? I for one don't really have any THF friends with that much spare time.
            BRD75/WHM75/BLM75/RDM75/SMN70/NIN67/MNK33/WAR33/THF15/etc
            Race: Elvaan. I just like to play with race changer. :3
            Zilart, CoP completed
            Vrtra downed.

San d'Oria Rank 10 & Windurst Rank 10
            FFXI journal

Comment

Gil sellers were already there before they removed them, that didnt stop me and otehr THF from picking coffers. I never let them get to the coffer. If i saw the gil sellers, I would train them w/o question, the ones i KNOW are gil selelrs at least. There was 1 group, PLD,MNK,THF,RDM that was there and the THF would run around from time to time. If I saw him/her running around I would follow them and steal teh coffer if tehy found one. I did that 5-6 times and they evetually stopped doing it, at least as far as i knew.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Tokitoki > read my post please. Thfs camping OZ "pre-patch" were 99% hunting for rings, for money. Not AFs.

The patch helps AF hunters, which includes you too. Don't you realize?

we had full time Thf on Titan hunting coffer for astral rings 24/7. 5Thfs. I spent 1 whole week finding coffer. If anything I'm glad it was put to an end.
                Last edited by Jei; 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My RDM friends from that period have similar stories to Jei. The Castle Oztroja coffer was all but impossible to open for AF unless you perma-camped a spawn and got lucky, back when it yielded astral rings, due to far too many thieves camping it.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Miriamel
                    I had it in my comment. I asked the thieves there if I could have one. No avail. Sure, some may do it, but most won't.
                    I totally agree. I had to get af there more than once and it was hell. I did everyting my ls told me to but the thfs would just laugh at me. I did a lot of coffer key party's too for other people. Same problem every time. Finally one time, I had enough. I berated (respectfully) a thf to the point where he finally gave in. He helped my drk friend find the coffer and let him open it. I thanked him profusely and asked that he try be understanding and to do this again the next time someone was doing af.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                      I totally agree. I had to get af there more than once and it was hell. I did everyting my ls told me to but the thfs would just laugh at me. I did a lot of coffer key party's too for other people. Same problem every time. Finally one time, I had enough. I berated (respectfully) a thf to the point where he finally gave in. He helped my drk friend find the coffer and let him open it. I thanked him profusely and asked that he try be understanding and to do this again the next time someone was doing af.
                      Lol, good job TheGrandMom. Sometimes that's what it takes knock a little sense into them to realize how much they are effecting others play, just good think that the thf took respect to it. It could of easily gone the otherway as I've seen happen

As far as Astral vs. Electrum unless the Astral have some hidden ability their value really isn't worth the amount. The extra +10 from 2 Astrals means you get to cast 1 extra Cure or 2 poison spells. With the games current design if you are getting down to were 1 simple Cure is going make that much a difference then something has to be wrong with the party setup or a member not putting forth the effort they should.
                      Last edited by Macht; 07-06-2005, 02:01 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

/bow Thanks for all the feeback everyone. Most people think a lot like I think so that answers that.

Comment

if your really dieing over extra mp at low lvls then get astrals but i think electrums are worth the wait

Comment

So here is what I eventually did:
                            Attached Files

Comment

What a luxury item x_x just for +50 MP...well have fun with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                                What a luxury item x_x just for +50 MP...well have fun with it lol.
                                In some respects yes, but Healing Staff is a nice leg up for you in HNM fights. That 50 MP pays for a free Regen III at the start of a fight, or a free Haste before you switch it away. Not earth-shattering, but useful nonetheless, since it's like popping a free High-Ether at the start of every fight.

Oh, and 2M? Yeesh. Healing Staff is running about 6M gil on Midgardsormr these days. I'm glad I got mine way back in the day before Roc was perma-camped.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                                X