Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: oh my god

Originally posted by Slip View Post
    And I'm altering perceptions of your post how again?

I think on the overall topic of /nin vs /mnk vs /sam vs /thf we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see all of them being useful depending on the role you need to play, LS party or not, over a wider range of levels than you seem to.
    Um, see no advantage to Nin till 50 =/= never sub /NIN before 50. If you actually think they both mean the same thing then you should stop posting and brush up on reading comprehension.

And frankly, WAR/MNK is superior IMO. Great Axes are WAY superior to Axes before Rampage, Boost increases attack power of your attacks every 15 seconds and if your tanking makes holding hate incredibly easy. Dodge helps tanking, or is good if you get aggro and need to avoid some hits. And even if you do get hit, the extra Vit and HP from MNK at that level help lessen the damage. And frankly, even if you do use G. Axe as a WAR/NIN(which I've had to do in little mini TP burns in Altepa and Crawlers), it'd be stronger on MNK than on NIN.

So unless the party situation like mentioned above demands subbing NIN, or if your party needs a second voke for a Pre-37 NIN tank, subbing MNK is more effective. Hell, subbing DRG would be more effective.
    Cleverness - Hades
    75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
    DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Well Since you need help with war ima give you some and not join the fight with what sub is better......... Try to get a pt with a mnk/war or War in it so when you drop to low hp they can voke off you trust me it works also try to keep the best gear for Def not Att but try to keep Att up so you dont lose hate also make a great provoke Macro..... that should be best for you while your learning ...... btw stick to mnk sub If you can't lvl War atm nin is not going to be any easier plus ots cost alot of gil! >.>
      Taker of Life Reaper of Sould I Have no Soul I am the GRIM REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Slip View Post
        And I'm altering perceptions of your post how again?

I think on the overall topic of /nin vs /mnk vs /sam vs /thf we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see all of them being useful depending on the role you need to play, LS party or not, over a wider range of levels than you seem to.
        Clever Ninja pretty much said what I was about to.

Comment

Heheh, this really turned into a subjob thread.

About /NIN before 50.

I don't think it's about "You should sub NIN since 24" VS "You shouldn't sub NIN till 50", but more like:

Even though /NIN's usefulness is best after 50 (I'd say 56), that doesn't mean there arent situations where /NIN before 50 is what works best.

There simply isn't a rule about subs because it all depends on the situation.

Depending on what you are doing, the party setup, the party player's skill, and everything else NIN, MNK, SAM, THF, etc. subs will be the best for the specific situation. Only lazy/unskilled players pick only one sub and stick to it no matter what, without even considering what's actually going on in the party.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Aside from dual blink tanking, /NIN is useful starting at 24 if and only if this condition is met: You're using your shadows, and in turn saving the healers MP. If you're not using your shadows frequently then the sub job is pointless. If you ARE putting those shadows to good use, then /NIN's overall usefulness will depend on how much MP you're saving the healers and how strapped for MP the party is overall. Parties where healing power is low benefit greatly from it.

I'm pro-/MNK, don't get me wrong. But /NIN is useful as soon as Utsusemi: Ichi becomes available. There's a time and place to use it - as long as the player understands that (rather than using it on everything and for everything) then it's no problem. But even so, notice that the advantage to /NIN is not the Dual Wield but rather the damage mitigation. Like the others said, it's around 50 that /NIN becomes good for DD'ing.

But, yeah. Solo tank = /MNK. Just don't overhunt. Oh, and Shield Break everything in the face. Seriously.

And yeah, that whole bit about sub jobs being situational is so true.

Comment

To shield break mandies in the face you'll need to be a taru obviously.

Taru > all
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                Taru > all
                You could have saved yourself some typing and just said that.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                X