X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 New Avatars CONFIRMED!!!!

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    On topic:

Alexander is usually portrayed as white, isn't it? The only small picture I saw for the summon had it as black. Anyone see any other better pictures of it?
    You've never fought him?

In this game, he's a very dark blue, with very little to no bright colors or white on him. He's similar in color to chariots and gears and such, as those are pretty much the same thing as Alex. I mean, despite being the dark elemental, Odin is actually white, so it was probably done in an ironic sense that Alex would be darker colored since they're opposites.

Unless you thought they'd be giving us a new character model for Alex that would be different from the ToAU fight version. SE is far too lazy to do something like that at this point.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
      1) Will we have to fight our way through Einherjar to obtain Odin? If so... I think I'm quitting.
      2) Will we have to fight our way to the Alexander fight to obtain Alexander? If so... I think I'm quitting.
      3) Will either of the 2 afformentioned fight have to be done a second time (ex: Diabolos)? If so... I'm quitting.
      4) Is Convert going to be nerfed? If NOT... I'm quitting.
      Sounds like you really want to quit, more than you want to keep playing, what feba said, f'ing quit man, your not gonna be missing some epic life altering event that's gonna happen in Vana'diel, it's a friggin video game.

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
      My biggest concerns about the game... post update are going to be:

1) Korrakolla Tunnel = Overcamped
      2) World Merge of Kujata ---> Valefor = I lose my Char. Name
      3) Level 99 = My gear I worked so hard for all this time is now garbage
      4) Odin + Alexander = Too much time to get...
      5) /rdm... nuff said
      6) If Experience gain goes up at the exponential rate that it's already at right now... we're looking at ungodly ammounts of xp to get just from lvl 98-99. Someone quoted me something in the millions. I don't doubt it.
      1> It's already over camped
      2> Have you already checked that your name is taken? If so, that does stink, but if your name is any derivative of "Sephiroth" then this is your redemtion. Be glad you get a free name change. Change it to something awesome like "Grilledcheese" Instant popularity
      3> Brother/Sister you have have no. F'ING. idea! how gear is going to work. And welcome to playing MMO's, there will always be new gear to strive for. That's one of the biggest draws of MMO's.
      4> YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOU EVEN EARN THEM... jesus man, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to stop playing the game. I don't think your heart/mind is in it. This is how addictions work. I don't want to do coke anymore but i still swing by my dealers house, cause i've always swung by my dealers house, and he does coke, so I do coke, etc. etc. If you keep letting it be a problem it will continue to be, and from your post, it sounds like it's a problem for you, and no longer fun.
      5> /rdm could be awesome, your clearly not thinking on an expanded level when you think about this level cap. zomg! level 99 would break the game!! Unless it's designed NOT to break the game. We have no idea how it's all going to work, just theory and conjecture.
      6> Dude. You need to just cancel your content id's and uninstall for a while. I just can't see how you can be so unhappy, yet continue to subject yourself to the thing that is making you unhappy.

Comment

Wow... I just got bashed.

I dont mean to argue, but the CEO thing was a joke. Of course I don't know how it works... it was a joke. Secondly, you're right, my heart isn't really in it anymore. I'm not really looking for an excuse... I was just excited that all I really had left to do was obtain like 3-4 more pieces of armor to complete my collection. At that point I was likely going to quit anyway. I'm not going to move to Startrek Online, Aeon, FFXIV or any other MMO. I just don't feel up to the challenge of starting at ground zero again.

I know I have no idea how the 75-99 is going to work...
        I'm aware that I've been lazy and havent done ToAU...
        I know gear is probably not going to be as big a deal as I fear...
        I'm aware of all of your arguments. But I won't debate that my heart isnt in it anymore.

I think some of the ways you guys judged my post were kinda... well... harsh... but still, I don't blame you. You're probably 10x more hardcore into the game than I am. Most of you have multiple 75s. Me? I only ever got SMN to 75... the old fassioned way, without burning it. I got all my merits, all my applicable SJs and sat on it. I really had no intention of lvling any other jobs.

I'm not hardcore... I'm not even medium-rare, lol.

I'm also not a pussy... maybe lazy... but not a pussy, lol.

I'm just tired of lvling. Tired of camping NMs and tired of missions... for myself at least.

I spend most of my time in game now just helping others do what they need to do. I tele for free in WG, help out with missions... when a SMN is useful and just respond to "please assist" shouts when I see them. Other than that I'm one of those wandering PLs that just likes to be extra nice to complete strangers. I don't really play anymore.

I know I have no idea how we're going to be able to obtain these Avatars. If we have to quest for em... F*** it... I'll do without, lol. I'm through being a completionist. To those of you who do go out and get em, grats. I gope to see an Odin some time while I'm walking around, and an Alexander.

As for Convert... I'm kinda biased... I'll admit. My RL friend who used to play with me all the time had RDM as his only 75 and used to run up and down the walls with "ZOMG OP!!!!! RDM IS SO OP!!!" lol. It used to bug me... and it's the main reason why I haven't told him about the new update. I'm fully convinced that he'll come back to the game and prance around as ANYTHING/RDM and be entirely too excted about it.

Like I said, biased... and I retract that statement.

As for anything else that people said... like "just quit already"... or "you're pissing me off" or whatever people said... I'm not sure I remember them all. Whatever... like someone said... it's a game... and I don't really consider any of this important enough to ruin my life.

Things will be diff, that for sure.

OH!!! And my name is not some variation of Sephiroth... lol. My name in game is actually Yygdrasil. It's been a bunch of things throughout my server jumps... Quezacotl (propper spelling... I was excited about that). That was on Odin. Bahamut had a quezzy.... so I changed it to Russelsteelflex... then on Valefor... I was boted from russel and I decided on Mitsubishi... I know it wasn't spelled right... but it was some variation on that. Here on Kujata I settled for the impropper spelling of Yggdrasil. I liked it... and it was kinda ironic considering I chose the smallest size TaruTaru as my toon.

Lastly... FFXI does make me happy. The prospect of not being lvl capped anymore is the only thing that truely makes me sad. Honestly it wont make me lose sleep. I'll likely keep playing for a while and just help others. I don't know why every last one of you is telling me "Quit already", lol. I might have my gripes... but its all in good humor.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

2> Have you already checked that your name is taken? If so, that does stink, but if your name is any derivative of "Sephiroth" then this is your redemtion. Be glad you get a free name change. Change it to something awesome like "Grilledcheese" Instant popularity
          LOL!!!!!!!

for this reason alone i wish my name was taken ><. I would totally go with Grilledcheese
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
            for this reason alone i wish my name was taken ><.
            There are a few people on Kujata whos names I'm jealous of: Smellycat, ToiletPaper, Exit, Dumbelldoor and Hitsuguys to name a few.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Wow.... I just wrote a book about how sorry I was if I ever offended people on this forum... and that my intentions were never to do so. Than my internet crashed right as I was posting it. I lost it all.

Anywho... it went along the lines of "I'm sorry..."
            etc
            etc
            etc
            If I offended you please feel free to kick me in the nuts...
            etc
            etc
            etc
            tonality is lost in translation
            etc
            etc
            etc
            I'm free from 12:00pm - 2:00am Sat-Mon EST
            etc
            {Steel Toed Boots} {No Thanks}

It's a shame too... I worked hard on a sinsere appology and lost it all. Such is life...

Comment

Admitting you may have overreacted while saying everybody else is too attached to the game...subtle.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                Admitting you may have overreacted while saying everybody else is too attached to the game...subtle.
                Case in point. I offend people and I'm not even trying to.

That wasn't the message I was trying to put across at all. I'm admitting everyone was right... all-be-it kinda mean about it when they said it... but right. I'm by no means suggesting anyone else is "too" attached or even that there is such a thing. If you really love doing something... there's no shame in being extreme about it.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Moderators, can we replace this community award thing next to my name with a "most likely to be considered a douchebag" award?

Comment

Well I do not consider myself hardcore in any way. I have very little sky experience apart from incidental "Can you help me fight Byakko" requests. I spend a majority of my time online doing Campaign and only going after NMs or items that are soloable (however long it takes to get them soloing). I haven't even experienced Salvage or Einherjar yet. I do have Sea, but I've been playing this game for 6 or 7 years or something in that neighborhood, I only got Sea just a year ago.

But I don't think you have to be hardcore to see it as a bit ridiculous to think SE will just hand you Alexander and Odin the moment you log on. It's overreacting too for summons that only amount to being 2hr abilities. Most regular parties won't even care if you have them or not. It is, in fact, the hardcore endgame LSs who will care if you have them or not.
                  Last edited by Ketaru; 03-02-2010, 01:25 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I do not consider myself hardcore in any way. I have very little sky experience apart from incidental "Can you help me fight Byakko" requests. I spend a majority of my time online doing Campaign and only going after NMs or items that are soloable (however long it takes to get them soloing). I haven't even experienced Salvage or Einherjar yet. I do have Sea, but I've been playing this game for 6 or 7 years or something in that neighborhood, I only got Sea just a year ago.
                    It seems you and I have a similar play style... granted you have more at your disposal (job-wise) than I do. I too have been playing for almost) 6 years now. I got sea like... 2 weeks ago, lol. Sky about a month ago... and......... thats about it. I just play.

But I don't think you have to be hardcore to see it as a bit ridiculous to think SE will just hand you Alexander and Odin the moment you log on. It's overreacting too for summons that only amount to being 2hr abilities. Most regular parties won't even care if you have them or not. It is, in fact, the hardcore endgame LSs who will care if you have them or not.
                    Very true. I never expected them to just be handed over. It is an over-reaction... and you're right, only hardcore EGLS will even care.

Comment

All this nonsense above me aside, a feeble attempt to rerail.

I don't know what to think about these new 'pets'.
                      Even though I always said they wouldn't, I am actually not surprised they did make Alex and Odin summonable avatars.
                      It was the general concensus among the majority of the players, so why not?
                      But I do admit I was hoping for different avatars myself, so you could say I am actually a little disappointed.

But before passing any judgment, let's just see how useful these pets will be first.

This style of summoning does befit the older FF titles though, Summon an avatar that uses one devastating blow or gives a highly defensive buff only to disappear when the deed is done.
                      This way of summoning also opens the door to few other (already existing) avatars as well like Bahamut (Offensive avatar; Mega/Giga/Terraflare. (Flares scaled by character level?)) and Atomos (Defensive avatar; Soul Vacuum. Drained attributes shared over your party.).

Slightly off-topic:
                      I am pretty excited about the other plans with the game,
                      - A new level cap meaning new challenges!!

- Server merges (I saw this one coming, but not this soon).
                      Taking me back to one of my old servers. (Quetz)
                      I can't say I am sad about this, leaving Quetz, even though I did with good reason was one of the worst decissions I made in this game.
                      Last edited by Shirai; 03-05-2010, 05:04 AM.
                      Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai View Post
                        I do admit I was hoping for different avatars myself, so you could say I am actually a little disappointed.
                        I'm thinking... maybe... only conjecture... but it makes sense to me.... SMN 75+ will need more pretties to battle for them....... . . .. . so I'm thinking SE isn't done quite yet with SMN. Superduper summons incoming.

I'm also looking forward to maybe seeing these 2hr Avatars in use during Besieged with that resorative drink for JA's we sometimes get.
                        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I agree with Shirai on Odin and Alexander being more reflective of the classic summonings style. Their actions are powerful decisive stuff befitting a two hour use only. It does indeed open the door to add Bahamut a well

My suspicion regarding obtaining Odin and Alexander is probably the most likely one.

Finishing ToA will be requisite.

Shantotto - being the one left to oversee the astral gate Alexander left behind - will be the start NPC for the quest to get Alexander. Alexander would be challenged at Nyzul again, this time with no annoying-ass BLU to muck things up at the start. The fight would likely be easier, considering you've kicked his ass already.

Mathilde in Selbina could be a start NPC for Odin, she's the one the Shadow Lord used to set Odin loose in Bearclaw Pinnacle, after all.

But its also possible that the entry point to Einherjar is what you click to start the Odin quest, which probably would lead to another fight in Nyzul just to give the players some running about. I think this is the more likely scenario since Mathilde/Emmalyn already got her closure with ACP. Perhaps she's just too traumatized to remember the details about Odin.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            Read as: "Have you read any of the stuff I've posted about my family?

LMFAO, and at the same time /cry
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Note to self, finish missions...
                              | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                              2/5 WAR +2
                              Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                                Mathilde in Selbina could be a start NPC for Odin, she's the one the Shadow Lord used to set Odin loose in Bearclaw Pinnacle, after all.
                                That's from Tuninig In and Out quests right? I never did finish those...

My guess is regardless of the start points, we're likely face off against both of them in their respective ToAU domains (Nyzul and Hazhalm). I can't wait to see what the non-pact rewards will be :O
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X