2 New Avatars CONFIRMED!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 New Avatars CONFIRMED!!!!

Well I hope they come out with some awesome figures of Alexander!! I need to collect some for my grandson who I named after the guardian Alexander! He was over today when I read it so I showed him that pitiful picture they had. "Gramma, why did you give me the name of that ugly thing?"....oh boy... lol
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Tell him you really named him after Alexander the Great.

Its what Alexander is supposed to be based on anyway.

Comment

Oh no way! That is far too boring! Besides I love pissing of his father. lol
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
          Well I hope they come out with some awesome figures of Alexander!!
          ... I noticed statues of both Odin and Alexander are slated for MH furnishings in next Moogle Bonanza thingermajig. Maybe SE will see the $$$ to be made in FFxi collectors actions figures^^
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Let's hope you are right! I named my other grandson Vincent so he's taken care of! I have several things for him when he gets older. All I have for Alex are a banner, a keychain, and a couple posters.

Comment

they could have added Summons not seen in FFXI before. like Bismark and Siren. but oh well, at least 2 new avatars are finally being added in some form.

but wait, what if you are fighting Odin NM or Alexander NM and you summon them? >.>

Comment

That would be funny... I'll let you all run with ur imaginations of what would happen instead of listing mine...rofl

Comment

Let's hope you are right! I named my other grandson Vincent so he's taken care of! I have several things for him when he gets older. All I have for Alex are a banner, a keychain, and a couple posters.
                  I don't have kids, but I've always stored away names in the back of my head I want to name I want them to suffer all the mispronunciations I've had to suffer in my life. Ian is a fine name, but 80% of the people I meet always get it wrong. Then again I live in a region where "Mario" is "Mary-o" so I guess I should be thankful there's a couple of old popular actors out there with my first name. Back when Ian Ziering was big It was hell.

How do you even fuck that up. You pick a name for yourself as a celebrity and you pronounce it wrong. Real genius work there.

My mother wanted to name me Neil, but my dad swooped in and picked "Ian" because they were in Canada at the time and that was apparently a common name for kids in Ontario. He apparently knew it would be hard for me to live down being named after Neil Diamond. My mothers other favorite artist at the time was Elton John, so that's another bullet dodged.

I knew I guy named Neil Downey. Man, his parents put some real thought into that. Kneel Down, Neil Downey. Why are you standing, Neil Downey?

And since we're derailing...

Little bit of swearing and yelling in it so keep it down, otherwise safe for work as far as I could tell

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsLefeSQ-9A"]YouTube- Dane Cook-"My Son Optimus Prime" Retaliation[/ame]

-------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I think Alexander's two hour would at least last within the duration of 2 to 3 minutes. If you're only going to have it as a two hour, I don't see this being like a 30 second thing. We know Odin is going to be near instantanious because Zantetsuken would just be that way.

Now that they have a concept for Odin that's practical and not too game-breaking, I wonder if they would do the same for Bahamut. Just have whatever he does as a non-elemental two hour. Perhaps don't even have a graphic for him since it would he too large, just have the attack hit the mob. We could just pretend he flew by.

Comment

TGM, tell your grandson he should be proud to be named after the giant battle church of doom. I know I am! (O.k. I am older than the "Alexander" summon, but come-on its a church with massive cannons on it)
                    sigpic
                    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                      they could have added Summons not seen in FFXI before. like Bismark and Siren. but oh well, at least 2 new avatars are finally being added in some form.

but wait, what if you are fighting Odin NM or Alexander NM and you summon them? >.>
                      The NMs would crash the server because you are dividing by zero/ creating a time paradox.

Comment

I named my other grandson Vincent so he's taken care of!

What are you doing naming your grandchildren? You don't let your kids name their own kids??? That's messed up...
                        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                        RANK 10 Bastok
                        CoP: Done
                        ZM: Done
                        ToA: Done
                        Assault rank: Captain
                        Campaign Medal: Medals
                        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I'm certainly excited about the new Avatars... ust like everyone else... my only questions are these:

1) Will we have to fight our way through Einherjar to obtain Odin? If so... I think I'm quitting.
                          2) Will we have to fight our way to the Alexander fight to obtain Alexander? If so... I think I'm quitting.
                          3) Will either of the 2 afformentioned fight have to be done a second time (ex: Diabolos)? If so... I'm quitting.
                          4) Is Convert going to be nerfed? If NOT... I'm quitting.

What I wrote might seem really negative... but I'm truely disappointed with the new update info. I don't expect that SE will do absolutely everything that they say they're going to do... just because they never do. Not 100% at least.

I've been toying with the idea of quitting for a little over 6 months now... and I've been waiting for something like "Level Cap 99" to happen to push me over the edge. I promised myself that I would wait it out. I said I'd play for another 2 months after the update to get a feel for exactly what the changes are and what tweaks they'll be making before I ultimately make my decision. I'll give SE the benefit of the doubt.

My biggest concerns about the game... post update are going to be:

1) Korrakolla Tunnel = Overcamped
                          2) World Merge of Kujata ---> Valefor = I lose my Char. Name
                          3) Level 99 = My gear I worked so hard for all this time is now garbage
                          4) Odin + Alexander = Too much time to get...
                          5) /rdm... nuff said
                          6) If Experience gain goes up at the exponential rate that it's already at right now... we're looking at ungodly ammounts of xp to get just from lvl 98-99. Someone quoted me something in the millions. I don't doubt it.

My honest feelings about this are hazy atm... I'm not entirely sure what to think. If things play out the way that I fear, then I just feel like this is a cheap move by SE to make us stay on ffxi longer.

CEO1: "We're going to lose so many when FFXIV comes out, quick... what do we do?"
                          CEO2: "Uhh... uhh... Avatars... give them Avatars!"
                          CEO1: "That's not enough! It'll only shut up the SMN, something else! Something HUGE!"
                          CEO2: "Increase the max level to 99!!! Classic!!! Just like almost every other FF!!! We'll give them all this crap to work towards that the completionists won't be able to peel away."
                          CEO1: "Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

You can't see it, but at this point the 2 Square CEO's grow big huge bat wings and fly out their windows and into the streets to feast on the flesh of children and puppies.

Yep. That's the worst case senario

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            My mother wanted to name me Neil, but my dad swooped in and picked "Ian" because they were in Canada at the time and that was apparently a common name for kids in Ontario. He apparently knew it would be hard for me to live down being named after Neil Diamond. My mothers other favorite artist at the time was Elton John, so that's another bullet dodged.
                            Well I knew I'd have to be realistic when choosing names from my favorite game series. Alexander was actually an "in" name when I chose it for my 1st grandson. Vincent fit for the 2nd because his father has an Italian heritage. (And his father thought I was naming him after Vince Lombardi since we live in Wisconsin. He was NOOOOOT happy when I told him several months later just why I had named his son Vincent! lol) Now if I would have tried Cloud or Kefka....ya....I don't think that would have worked. lol I'm glad they had boys though because I REALLY REALLY wanted to name a granddaughter Aerith! I think that would have been a really hard sell! My poor son hasn't married yet....but he knows whats coming if he has a girl! lol

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                            What are you doing naming your grandchildren? You don't let your kids name their own kids??? That's messed up...
                            It's a tradition. The matriarch of the family gets to name them.

On topic:

Alexander is usually portrayed as white, isn't it? The only small picture I saw for the summon had it as black. Anyone see any other better pictures of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              1) Will we have to fight our way through Einherjar to obtain Odin? If so... I think I'm quitting.
                              2) Will we have to fight our way to the Alexander fight to obtain Alexander? If so... I think I'm quitting.
                              3) Will either of the 2 afformentioned fight have to be done a second time (ex: Diabolos)? If so... I'm quitting.

[...]

I've been toying with the idea of quitting for a little over 6 months now...
                              You're looking for an excuse. You want to quit, stop being a pussy, stop beating around the bush, stop lookingfor something else to blame, and quit.

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              2 Square CEO's
                              Yeah, I think you have no idea how this process works.

It's a tradition. The matriarch of the family gets to name them.
                              Read as: "Have you read any of the stuff I've posted about my family? They can't be trusted to name their own kids".

Comment

1) You'd quit over an avatar that you will only be able to use during a 2hr?
                                2) ToAU missions are easy. You ought to have been doing them as we speak, not just because you suddenly have need for Alexander.
                                3) No comment...you only have to fight about all of the avatars twice to get the most out of them.
                                4) Convert lost a lot of its oomph after /SCH became subable. Even if Convert was full powered from subbing it, who is really going to sub /RDM full time just because of Refresh and Convert when you still get lots of goodies from /SCH (like...say...Accession?)

People are giving /RDM way too much credit just because of Refresh and Convert. Besides that, all you get is Gravity. Dispel is available on sub (though you need Addendum: Black to use it). Fast Cast is a non-issue when Light and Dark Arts grant you casting time bonuses too. And MP efficiency. Don't forget, under /RDM, Enspells, Phalanx, Stoneskin, and all that stuff are still self-targeted, unless you're SCH/RDM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X