This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvaan Smn?

is elvaan smn anygood ive allways wanted to be one but i wanna be, SMN/BLM ? :confused:

Re: Elvaan Smn?

smn/whm only viable choice i'm afraid, this isn't coming from a summoner, but for getting pt invites, you're gonna be a cure whore, race wont matter with good gear

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
    Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
    Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

SMN aren't always cure-tanks these days. I've invited a few SMNs for their offensive capabilities in the past, and they're pretty good in that role.

/BLM is just... no. Zero useful spells. Zero useful subjob abilities. Just don't do it.

My main objection to Elvaan SMN isn't on a technical issue, however. It's just that they have the most awkward and ridiculous Power Ranger-type summoning animation in the game...

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
        It's just that they have the most awkward and ridiculous Power Ranger-type summoning animation in the game...
        thats got to be the greatest reason to dislike elvaan smn ever!

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
        Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
        Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

My main objection to Elvaan SMN isn't on a technical issue, however. It's just that they have the most awkward and ridiculous Power Ranger-type summoning animation in the game...
          This is why i'm doing SMN on my HUM.

and SMN/blm = NO!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Galka SMN

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

>.< Galka SMN LOL!
              And ok thankz..

Comment

Magic bursts for 500-600 damage does help. And astral flows to finish off a naughty monster is good too.

Yes there are elvaan smn and even galka smn, how you manage your mp and what you do with it is the most importaint factor.
                Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
                Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

Im gonna poke my head and disgree with my compatriots here SMN?BLM = ok in certain situations.. In level up PT no.

In certain BC and Mission yes
                  In Dynamis Yes, But only when you have a good amount of WHM available. I once forget to unsub BLM to go to dynamis and it was very useful that I forgot. A wipe out to 2 ninja Orc NM's explosion , I and a very small amount of people survived. I informed the people that i would tractor while they saved mp for raising. I tractored 27 people and it worked out great. Also mp drain works good during some BCNM.

Now noone has to agree with my choices and reasons, But I feel a more complete Summoner by using all available Subs in their best situations.
                  So Summoner /??? is based on situation and intent.
                  Elvaan Summoner = Superhero ^^
                  It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                  それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                  Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                  A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Bringing /BLM on the off chance that you miiight want to Tractor people seems pretty defeatist to me. Besides, there's other mages that are probably /BLM in dynamis that are much better at using it (WHM and RDM specifically). I know you said it was accidental, but saying that "it came in handy just this one time" does not, perforce, make it a good choice.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                      Bringing /BLM on the off chance that you miiight want to Tractor people seems pretty defeatist to me. Besides, there's other mages that are probably /BLM in dynamis that are much better at using it (WHM and RDM specifically). I know you said it was accidental, but saying that "it came in handy just this one time" does not, perforce, make it a good choice.

Icemage
                      No its not that , I'm just not buying into the common misonception that all Subs outside of White Mage is inferior. As I said before in another post /whm is the best overall choice, but its not the only one as people would have Young Summoners believe. /Whm is best for level up , I agree.
                      /??? depends on the situation, thats something people dont take into account.

Summoners need to broaden their Gameplay instead of being pigeon holed.
                      Thats why I see alot of Sucky Summoners because they pigeon themselves.
                      "Im a gimp whm"

Sad really.
                      It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

okies ^_^ thankz everyone ^_^

Comment

Y'know Icemage, I've partied with a number of Elvaan SMN, and pretty much hated the casting. But until you said it, I never equated it to Power Ranger. lol I intend to level SMN at some point, and now I'm going to be thinking that every time I summon.
                          Odude
                          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I like the way that female elvaan Smn summons, they don't swat and whatnot :p and i've been doing pretty good as going as /rdm unless when i get an invite they ask for /whm cause i would be doing the main healing stuff, But alot of the time i'm just another DD so its fun ^_~

Comment

I forgot if conserve MP effects bps... @.@

Comment

Working...
                              X