What they'll probably do with SCH Group 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What they'll probably do with SCH Group 2

We don't need Regain as a spell in this game. No melee has trouble getting TP with all the Accuracy/Haste/Store TP gear and buffs out there. If they do, they need to try harder at FFXI and spend some time in Assault, Campaign and Sky at minimum.

Comment

You guys actually think I was serious? >.>;; Did none of you pay attention to my ridiculous proposed stats? I basically made a version that'd be so shitty that no one would ever use it.

Welllll anyway, Regain would be cool. But it'd also be terribly broken -- more in the sense that it'd be choosing a job to pigeonhole into a role that it wasn't designed for than of making endgame or what-have-you too easy. It was also cool when PLDs were negating ridiculous amounts of damage with their shields but it was broken, too. And as a very big fan of Great axe, I'm happy to see the 2-handed adjustments rolled back. This is all to say: if it's too good to be true, it is.

Balance before awesome.
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I knew you weren't serious

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          I knew you weren't serious
          He wasn't, but pretty sure Malacite was. XD
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yes, I am serious about Regain.

That said I hadn't thought of the Pidgeonhole factor... shit. Though I'm not sure it'd stick as much as it does with RDM, since SCH can offer up a lot more to a group or event. Though there are certainly bound to be idiots who would do it anyway.

I'd like to debate this seriously for a moment if I may. At 3 a tic that would equate to essentially 1 WS every minute. That might seem like a lot but not really when you consider how fast your average merit party goes.

It's in the context of HNMs where it becomes something of a concern. It would be sweet as hell to be able to feed this to SAM and/or tanks, but would that be crossing the line? I can see the potential for abuse, but there's already far, far worse things that get abused as is in your typical zerg set ups. This would just be the icing on the cake.

It also offers a decent alternative to nuking if you're going to end up coming to support/heal anyway. Tossing out Accession + Enspell & Regain could add some decent power to melee at events where you might not be able to punch through the resists with your nukes.

On that note though it would be nice if SCH had access to some more end game gear, especially elemental magic skill items. A SCH won't ever out damage a BLM per-nuke, but at the same time what's the sense in having Tier IV spells when you'll just get resisted? And let's not turn this into a job vs job argument either. I find one of the most amazing things about SCH is how it liberates and interacts with other mages.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

1 tp/3 sec would give you the same amount of tp per 3 minutes as a /SAM meditating every 3 minutes - regardless of what your subjob is. (For comparison, imagine a buff that gave you as much +attack as Berserk, regardless of your subjob. And stacked with the real Berserk. Even Minuet isn't that strong IIRC.) Anything stronger would be even more insane than that.

I hope SE has more sense than to ever add that as a castable buff (although as I posted above, I wouldn't mind seeing more options for charged and/or consumable items than just i-wing and sleep/opo neck).
              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                He wasn't, but pretty sure Malacite was. XD
                Well yeah, when does Malacite not want something that's broken?

Comment

Working...
                X