This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM/BLU tanking, the new RDM tank bleeds blood

If Icemage is an idiot, then you must need be in need of a helmet, my friend.
    Last edited by Murphie; 09-13-2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: I was meaner than is really necessary.

Comment

{New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Now Murphie, I'm sure there was a better way of putting that.

I really dislike the name calling, that's like resorting to, well, a very low level. And the forums don't need that.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I changed it already. I regretted it as soon as I said it. He doesn't need me lumping him in with people who have real problems just because he's stubborn and making a last ditch attempt to impugn the intelligence of one of our premier posters.

Comment

I could really go for a burrito right now.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Remember the good ol' days when Mag would post and we'd all flame him because he didn't know what the hell he was talking about? Oh wait...
              Last edited by WishMaster3K; 09-13-2010, 07:51 PM. Reason: Ninja Edit
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                Huzzzzah for the lolRDM community of FFXIonline.com
                Now who's mad lol

Seriously though just some examples of things that made you look foolish in this thread:

A RDM tank was built on the fact it could last forever supporting itself. With Refresh II we essentially inherted a second convert, on a 7:30 timer. Add on some ballads/ and a Diablos favor we can easily break 15/MP tick refresh. This is even before we have to touch convert. Self healing RDM not only maintains hate but can do so for a long long time.
                ahem... you later went on to cry that you would have all the same buffs a pld would have to be as effective, while in this very sentence you contradict yourself "it could last forever supporting itself" and "add some ballads and diabolos favor" are not "supporting one's self".
                Care to elaborate please? Because I have a sneaky suspicion a RDM/BLU will take less damage than a PLD if geared properly, unless I missed an update about shield skill. Of course then again you could be refering to /NIN in which case I would have no idea, because you said PLD and that could mean /WAR, /RDM, or /NIN, or any other thing they have and feel like using at the time.
                Also pld's can sub /BLU >< what now brown cow?

these were some quotes you made from your first post, and then 4 posts down after you got 2-3 responses, and those responses basically brought up why it isn't the norm, and then AGREED WITH YOUR FINAL STATEMENT IN YOUR OP!.... and BBQ mentions that it wouldn't be able to tank anything that you need a pld/nin to tank (FURTHER AGREEING WITH THE STATEMENTS IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST) and you BOLD his statement and instantly take the defensive.

I have been trolled, we all have been trolled.... i dont' even feel like i crossed a bridge but i must have cause that's the only place you find this much troll

EDIT:

Also the fact that you "provide" this information, yet are unwilling to even test it, speaks very highly of the kind of advice you give. And then you bag on your LS mates completely out of the blue. Son, you got some figuring out to do.
                Last edited by ShepardG; 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

The sign over the bridge was marked /b/, but we didn't bother to read it.

Comment

This thread has definitely been as entertaining as I'd hoped it would be.
                    The Tao of Ren
                    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                    Originally posted by Kaeko
                    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                      The sign over the bridge was marked /d/, but we didn't bother to read it.
                      ftfy >;3
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I don't actually know anything about 4Chan, so I will take your word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          I don't actually know anything about 4Chan, so I will take your word for it!
                          Nah you were right it was /b/ on that sign, /d/ is Mal's special place.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Judging by what I've seen him post at times, I'm seriously, seriously afraid of Mal's special place.

Comment

Also pld's can sub /BLU >< what now brown cow?
                              Thats cool and all but since this is about RDM/BLU filling in when a PLD isn't around it is kind of redundant what the PLD subs now isn't it? Reading comprehension isn't your Strong suit is it.

BTW: BBQ said it would only be good on things that tickle PLD's.

By this I only could assume he meant PLD/WAR since PLD/NIN tries not to get hit, and PLD only /RDM for MDB. This comment is the one I was referring to in the discussion of defensive similarities. a PLD/WAR is not going to mitigate that much more DMG than a RDM/BLU. Simple mathematics can show that.

While yes PLD/NIN will tank better, it still doesn't mean shit fuck all when you don't have a PLD, which is the last thing I said in my very first post. Will a PLD/WAR tank better, I would hope so, but it still means SFA when you don't have a PLD, will a PLD/RDM or a PLD/BLU sure they will but it still means SFA if you don't have a PLD.

I haven't once said a RDM/BLU is better than a PLD so I don't know why you continue to argue PLD is a better tank. I said it was a likely candidate to fill in for a night without a PLD.

Also the fact that you "provide" this information, yet are unwilling to even test it, speaks very highly of the kind of advice you give.
                              What advice have I given? the ability to look through FFXIclopedia's gear sets and build 3 gear sets that work with this job setup. If thats what you consider advice, I would love to see what happens when real advice is given. I haven't advised anything, I simply put an sound Idea on the table that is functional all be it very situationally functional. I have no ambition to use it because if I want to kill something I will go kill it myself /NIN, /SCH, /DNC or /BLU. It just poped into my head when I saw a guy asking for help for a joke fight (ISNM PUK) and begging for a PLD. I remembered seeing a RDM/BLU video of it being solo'd and thought to myself, damn with the right gear and a smart person they could probably tank it. I did a bit of research and found that wow, RDM can equip a hell of a lot of DEF and -PDT gear, it can also use a heck of a lot of enmity spells from /BLU. putting 2 and 2 together I came to the conclusion RDM/BLU should be able to tank a hell of a lot of things in the absence of a PLD.

Pretty well anything(mob lvl) Our current lvl and down should be tank able by a RDM/BLU, my example was anything a PLD/WAR could blood tank a RDM/BLU should be able to as well. Due to the enemity generation and loss being nearly equal (while a PLD produces much more VE, a RDM/BLU will produce faster CE.)

That is called hypothesising and using math and research to support your argument, not advice. I haven't given any advice in this thread, nor did I ever plan to. (well I guess you could consider teaching Ice Mage about -interrupt sets and Aquaviel advice sort of). This was just a thread to put the idea out there, and discuss the pro's and con's situated around the idea. The cons that came up were just ridiculous in nature however, such as BBQ's tickle statement, Ice Mages complete lack of unerstanding of gear sets and job abilities, and Wish's ridiculous opinion that a RDM tank should be responsible for its own buffs and debuffs on the mob, when a job that would be in its place (ie. a PLD) would not be.

Other than that the only legit concerns are on crazy mobs like some Abyssea NM's and some very high HNM ZNM/VNM, all of which I agreed from the get go were not likely targets. Not to mention new content isn't usually done with a small group of friends or a few people from the LS, it is usually a planned and scheduled event and in most cases would have 1 or more PLD's ready to go.

I still haven't seen a reasonable reason brought up that denounces this other than it is not as good as a PLD, but then again I was the first one to make that argument in my very first post.

So Ill ask again, why would this not work in a low man, group event on a night without a PLD against mobs that a PLD/WAR would be able to tank.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I changed it already. I regretted it as soon as I said it. He doesn't need me lumping him in with people who have real problems just because he's stubborn and making a last ditch attempt to impugn the intelligence of one of our premier posters
                              Lol yep posting false information then telling me I am wrong is real intelligent. Oh I wont deny he is probably a premier poster, but when you are trying to make an argument, and using false information to support your claims (ie. Aquaviel giving -25% spell interrupt) or ignoring information provided in plain sight (ie. the -interrupt set i provided for -111% that makes you uninterruptable) or not bothering to research your claims for yourself (ie. claiming a RDM/BLU can not have over 700 DEF and -50% PDT at the same time) all while using that information to try an belittle someone else, makes you look like an idiot.

Sorry but it does. posting false and lazy information to support an argument, makes you look stupid, I don't care if you provide the most insightful dialouge one day (ive never seen any of ice mages alleged awesome posts so my opinion is likely biased), and then post drivel the next just because you want to try to sound smart in an argument against someone you dislike (oh ask him he highly dislikes me, my PM box, and infraction history will tell you that), and then post wrong information, yes that makes you look like an idiot. So I stand by my comments of Ice Mage making idiotic posts, and being retarded. If he is a premier poster at this sight then he should know that he shouldn't be lazy on the internet and post incorrect information that is easily refuted with factual information. To me that makes him look stupid. Granted he could have 1000 posts ive never read, he porobably does, but for his 8 posts this last week I have read, he looks like an idiot, and Ill call a spade a spade.

sig courtesy tgm
                              retired -08

Comment

Lock, please. This whole thread amounts to one train wreck of one childish insult after another thanks to the OP.

It's completely worthless to continue at this point.
                                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                                X