Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primary Healer

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    There's also an early Sandy quest(which I think is also a prereq for the PLD AF quests) that nets you a free fishing rod, it starts at the little boy on the South end of the fountain in Northern Sandy, I don't remember it by name but if I recall correctly it's a very easy quest that just involves running around town.
    It's pretty cold to not give the rod back to the kid though.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Divinespear View Post
      It seems like I have to recover every 3 mobs because of mana or is that just one of the things about casters you have to deal with throughout the game.
      At your level, spend less time wasting MP nuking DC or EM mobs and more time whacking away at EP mobs while supplementing yourself with black magic. This will decrease your overall downtime and increase your overall EXP gain. Also, make sure to get an empress (or emperor) band as soon as you can. EP mobs give relatively decent exp nowadays (since the last version update) and will benefit you much more than wasting MP on tougher mobs.

p.s. evion piss off.

----
      Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
      Kid shoulda thought about that before just giving his precious fishing rod out to strange "adventurin' folk."

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Depending on how you read that, that sounds really really wrong.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Haha, I totally forgot about that part, I'm honestly not sure if I did or not.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            Depending on how you read that, that sounds really really wrong.
            Well we know how you read it. ;P

You take issue in giving the rod to a child?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Getting this out of the way quickly:

1. Somebody disagrees with your almighty guide and you get bent?
              You say in your guide and I quote:

The current threads have incorrect Caps and some really bad Synth suggestions.
              Neither of which do I have. If you happen to think otherwise I'm willing to take it to another thread.

Cry me a river.
              Allright I will!

Back to the main topic.

Why /BLM if I wana be a healer?

Why not:
              RDM/WHM to 18
              WHM/RDM to 30
              unlock SCH
              SCH/WHM or /RDM to 37
              WHM/SCH to 75
              /blm just comes out better than /rdm does. It is true that most of the benefits of /Blm aren't seen until lvl 40+, such as Conserve MP, Elemental Seal, Sleep, some other nifty spells and stuff. However the stats for /blm come out a bit better than they do for /rdm, at least for Whm mains. People will view you as being, I wouldn't say gimp, but perhaps disadvantaged even if it is a marginal difference between Whm/rdm or Whm/blm anywhere up to lvl 30-37 say. Warp is also pretty nice for getting around quickly. Another benefit to going /blm IMO is that you'd buy very similar if not identical gear for leveling Blm or Whm, namely the Seer's set. Well, you might buy some pieces, depends on your race and what Race Specific Equipment (RSE) you can get.

I am going to disagree with Pavlyn on the matter of Whm using Dispel though for a couple of reasons. There should never be only one mage (Whm say) in the party period, and a Whm has more important issues to worry about rather than what buffs the mob is using. Brd has Dispel, Cor has a once a minute Dispel, Blm really ought to go /rdm 64+ and use Dispel, Rdm have Dispel, Dnc has a -Eva move, and Thfs should have Acid Bolts on them at all times or they are gimp.

Only having one mage and not one of 6 other mage/support/DD jobs that can use some form of Dispel basically means that the party wasn't put together properly and failed before they even left town. You should not have to plan for that contingency. I'll be a bit open minded and say maybe there is some plan out there for something that requires a Whm/Rdm for Dispel, but I can't think of it and I for sure don't think you should see it in exp parties.

Since I'm going with mostly casters, is there anything to do to limit downtime?
              There's various foods out there that give +hmp, Ginger Cookies for one. There is gear out there with +hmp, Pilgrim's Wand (10), Mohbwa Sash (20), Baron's Slops (20), those are all fairly nice and low level and should get you started with a nice +hmp build for when you need to rest. For mage jobs equipment changing macros are your friends.

As for gil, I'd highly recommend doing some Mining/Logging/Harvesting depending on what area you're in. There are some low level profit synths for a couple of crafts although that will cost you a bit of money to get started. The nice thing however is that you can normally farm the ingredients while leveling some low level job, which leaves you with only needing to buy the crystals. Sheep Leather for instance. You'll just need to play around with different ways of making gil until you find one that you like.

Also don't forget quests as a way of making gil. Some of them either give you nice gear that you can either use or sell, or I believe there was a line of quests aimed at new players that came out recently. I don't know if you can do them or not, I think there was a cutoff point where if you were past a certain level you couldn't activate them.
              Last edited by Vyuru; 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

It's been said before, But I can't stress enough the usefulness of SCH sub for WHM.
                It's in your best interest to unlock SCH when you hit 30, and get that leveled to 37 asap.

Not only does it get Conserve MP like /BLM does, you get the -10% MP cost and -10% casting time from Light Arts.
                It really starts to feel like an awesome sub when you gain access to Strategems like Penury (-50% MP cost) and Celerity (-50% cast time).

Anyway, you probably looked this stuff up already, just chiming in again for the awesome'ness that is /SCH.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X