Somthing I have noticed about /BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somthing I have noticed about /BLM

Ok I might get flamed for this but oh what the hell, I have noticed. (at least on my RDM) That when I sub /BLM it makes my MND and INT equal, that is without any +MND or +INT gear mind you. Also I have more MP as a /BLM. So why the hell does everyone want a /WHM for? I know for healing, but isn't that the damn WHM falt? Cant find one? Wait till you can find one, I am going to be /BLM because I like it better!
    Name: Bluecat
    Main Jobs:
    SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
    Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
    Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Re: Somthing I have noticed about /BLM

WHM-sub gives you status cures (Poisona, Paralyna, etc) among other things, and those are really golden for a healing role.

Also, much later on, you'll get Erase, and at that point parties might actually require you to come as /WHM. Of course you're always free to refuse, but it's incredibly useful ^^
    The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Its all situational what sub you use. Personally if I am preforming backline generally I am /BLM 95% of the time. I usually only /WHM if their are detremental mob tp moves that will hurt the player affected (silence/paralyze/blind).

As for your observations what race are you. Id imagine hume just because of the INT/MND ratio you seem to have. As a Taru my INT is 77 and MND is 63(not 100% but around there) when I /BLM. Hell my INT is still higher than my MND /WHM.

I agree though /BLM is alot more enjoyable (personally I think it is better overall than /WHM which sees limited usage as I described above.) the additional elemental enfeebles, conserve mp, drain, aspir, warp and escape are delicious compared to teleports, curaga's and -na spells.

*EDIT* I guess your a mithra judging from your avatar but still pretty equal stats which is why it balances closer.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecat View Post
        Ok I might get flamed for this but oh what the hell, I have noticed. (at least on my RDM) That when I sub /BLM it makes my MND and INT equal, that is without any +MND or +INT gear mind you. Also I have more MP as a /BLM. So why the hell does everyone want a /WHM for? I know for healing, but isn't that the damn WHM falt? Cant find one? Wait till you can find one, I am going to be /BLM because I like it better!
        Outside of a static exp party, you can't be sure to always have a WHM, and many static parties are set up without one. Even if there's a WHM in party, sometimes it's very helpful to have another person who can cast status removal spells and share the curing load. And, no matter what, RDM always has some healing duty, and Curaga I and II are very useful for that.

At Lv.70+ (if not earlier), RDM is often the sole person with any cure spell in a party. Even though /BLU offers more MP efficient cure spells, the utility of other spells from /WHM outweighs the advantages of /BLU in most cases.

Generally speaking, RDM/WHM is a more versatile combination than RDM/BLM for exp use. (Example: One smart use of Curaga or Poisona or Erase or Divine Seal will save more MP than the extra MP /BLM would give you.)

Where RDM/BLM truly shines is crowd control, mostly by keep extra critters asleep while the alliance concentrate on one target at a time. (Though, last night in Limbus I was tossing out sleeps for as a desperate attempt to slow down enraged monsters from eating our BLMs as they insanely chain nuked. >_>; )

I'm RDM/WHM 95% of the time in exp/merit parties, and RDM/BLM 90% time everywhere else--Sky, Limbus, Sea, Dynamis, mission fights, etc. Both /WHM are /BLM are indispensable to a RDM, really.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

If you need to begin your post with "I might be flamed for this, but ...", shouldn't that be an indication that you're about to post something that a lot of people are going to disagree with, possibly with very good reason?

Comment

A good Rdm is the one who can use any sub jobs to fit the party's need.

Let's say you go exp in the tomb where all your fighters will get blinded every 30 seconds. The whm will be crying if you're a Rdm/Blm.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol @ thinking you'll ever have a whm in the party with you. >.>

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                lol @ thinking you'll ever have a whm in the party with you. >.>
                If you're willing to pull a few teeth and wish upon a star, it could probably happen.

Comment

If White Mages are not being used in parties, what are taking their place? I have heard people discuss having Red Mages and Paladins, are there any other jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                    If you're willing to pull a few teeth and wish upon a star, it could probably happen.
                    What's funny is when I was seeking as WHM, there was always at least two of us.... but when I'm building a party I can't find one to save my life. (pun mostly intentional). >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Brielle View Post
                      If White Mages are not being used in parties, what are taking their place? I have heard people discuss having Red Mages and Paladins, are there any other jobs?
                      Red Mages, Summoners, Blue Mages, Dancer, Black Mages/White Mages sometimes, Scholar, and Puppetmasters sometimes. I've had a Paladin Taru main heal as well.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

So it is not necessarily that groups do not want White Mages, they are just not very easy to find. That makes more sense to me now, thank you.

Comment

my pld static actually has 2 DNC doing the healing. it works pretty well.

Comment

Brielle, you have to understand that standards for healing are grossly overestimated by this game's mechanics, and a White Mage can easily be replaced by anything that has an at least half-decent MP pool subbing White Mage. However, Scholars can make good healers even by the overestimated standards.

Another thing you have to understand is that the White Mage's job is not a desirable one by most, so the population basically tried to force whatever it can find in to it, sometimes even going so far as making BLM/WHM main healers. HINT: Healing was NOT what that poor Black Mage signed up for. It's sad that some don't see this as painfully obvious.

/vent
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Brielle View Post
                              So it is not necessarily that groups do not want White Mages, they are just not very easy to find. That makes more sense to me now, thank you.
                              It's a combination. People are leveling WHM less because 1.) There are lots of level 75 WHMs already, b.) People are tired of waiting for an invite on WHM, and iii.) Lots of other jobs can handle most exp healing situations and still provide other benefits to the party.

WHMs are very handy tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X