Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Convert Ratio Fun

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    Also, I REALLY hate when RDMs Divine Seal and Cure 4 after a Convert.

That's a waste of a JA and a waste of 88MP. After I convert, I Cure 3 and Regen, and I keep Regening. By the time Convert is back up, I'm at full health, or if the WHM has MP, they'll cure me.

Idk, it just pisses me off as a waste, and I don't know who spread the idea where it was a good combination. That Divine Seal is better suited for tacking on to a curaga II in case something looks really bad..

Maybe I'm ranting, but DS+CureIV after a Convert seems really selfish.
    I used to be that way too, and for anyone else I'm still sort of that way, but a DS + Cure IV doesn't even come close to putting me back to full HP (see above screenshot for proof).

Since I'm on a 9 minute Convert counter (Convert recast merit level 3), even that's not always possible, but it's a guaranteed 88MP savings versus a "maybe" on Curaga II.

I'm pretty active in merit parties with Sleep II for extra links, so a few extra HP is critical to keep myself up and running, and it means I don't have to spend as much time casting Regen on myself (at 1100MP convert efficiency, even with Regen going full time, it'd be about 6 minutes before I get back to 1000ish HP if I don't use DS + C4).

I'm also in a position to no longer care about MP efficiency as much though. With 9 minute convert timer and 1100MP convert ratio and wearing Vermillion Cloak 90% of the time when not spellcasting, I have more MP than I know what to do with sometimes; I usually end up nuking Blizzard III's before Convert if everyone's topped off just so I can get some mileage out of all the extra MP.

Icemage

Comment

Yeah my Convert is fully merited. I've only been in one party where I was stressed for MP, but then again, not really after I got the hang of it. Hasting the melee so they get shadows up faster is better than cure 3 spamming.

I just don't like Cure 4 in general, because I can heal more MP with two Cure 3s and there is less enmity.

But the enmity argument is moot, because, well, Melee have a ton of spammage, and there is more than enough -enmity on mage gear going around.

But I'm anti C4, as I stated, so maybe I'm being biased, lol..

Oh yeah, and I don't know what it's like to sub BLM either. I fumble when I look for my Elemental Seal macro..
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Did a quick run to the AH and updated my RDM convert gears.

1196HP vs. 1073MP as RDM75/WHM37

No food effect active this time - with Marron Glace this puts me at 1196/1138.

Blue Cotehardie is a stopgap measure until I can obtain something nicer, but it'll do for now.

Icemage

Comment

Interesting gear choice, IM. I see what you did there. What are your merits, all categories?
          The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Interesting gear choice, IM. I see what you did there. What are your merits, all categories?
            HP+70
            STR+1
            Enfeebling Magic +14
            Convert Recast -60 seconds
            Wind Accuracy+3
            Slow II Lv1
            Cure Cast Time -20%
            Foe Sirvente Lv1

My RDM merits are mostly incomplete because I don't ever play RDM main for important stuff, just for merit parties really, or the occasional Assault. Basically just enough to get me by and remove headaches like self-hasting enemies and improve my Silence rate on those thrice-bedamned wind aligned Mamool Ja spellcasters.

Icemage

Comment

Also, I REALLY hate when RDMs Divine Seal and Cure 4 after a Convert.

That's a waste of a JA and a waste of 88MP. After I convert, I Cure 3 and Regen, and I keep Regening. By the time Convert is back up, I'm at full health, or if the WHM has MP, they'll cure me.

Idk, it just pisses me off as a waste, and I don't know who spread the idea where it was a good combination. That Divine Seal is better suited for tacking on to a curaga II in case something looks really bad..

Maybe I'm ranting, but DS+CureIV after a Convert seems really selfish.

This one made me lol.

And I do it every single time, mainly because I never use DS otherwise. But then again most of the Merit parties I've been in a really long time (although I should note haven't merited in like 5 months) have all been JP BRD + RDM + WHM so it's not like I'd need DS otherwise.

A RDM has to be smart enough to know when DS + Cure IV is a waste and when it isn't.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

When I Convert and use DS in the same instance, I'll do it when the pt is yellow and I'm gonna convert anyway, so I can drop a Curaga II + DS and just cure everyone back.

Idk, I try to be efficient.
                The Tao of Ren

Comment

Meh, I can go entire xp sessions without even Converting (and that includes some lolRDM nuking), so it depends on the RDM.

Edit > And more often than not no one is in yellow for long enough for me to do the DS Curaga II drill.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Hell, all of us play differently but that in no way makes us bad RDMs. I don't max my Convert ratio, but I don't Convert that often in XP. I also haven't merited Convert because I haven't seen a need yet. I don't DS anything because I sub BLM 95% of the time.

Some of you RDMs look at me and say, "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!" and to you I say, I'll happily play my own way and if I'm having fun and no one dies in the process, it works for me.

I'm typicially not your ZOMFGCHAINCHAINCHAIN type of RDM either, though, so I guess that changes things a bit, but yeah, I think whatever way you like to play is valid, unless you're trying to main heal and melee with your staves. I will LOL at you.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      Hell, all of us play differently but that in no way makes us bad RDMs. I don't max my Convert ratio, but I don't Convert that often in XP. I also haven't merited Convert because I haven't seen a need yet. I don't DS anything because I sub BLM 95% of the time.

Some of you RDMs look at me and say, "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!" and to you I say, I'll happily play my own way and if I'm having fun and no one dies in the process, it works for me.

I'm typicially not your ZOMFGCHAINCHAINCHAIN type of RDM either, though, so I guess that changes things a bit, but yeah, I think whatever way you like to play is valid, unless you're trying to main heal and melee with your staves. I will LOL at you.
                      Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I love being the ZOMFGCHAINCHAINCHAIN RDM. It's a pretty addictive feeling when you're keeping up a full Refresh/Haste cycle nonstop while casting spells 100% of the time and STILL have MP left to toss out a nuke or two before Converting.

And hey, XP Chain #200+ is a beautiful thing when it racks in 20K+ XP per hour.

Icemage

Comment

Here's mine as Elvaan RDM/BLM with Maron Glace active:
                        RDM 75
                        Cerberus
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/securitron1234

Comment

Gah ... as a mithran, my ratio went to the gutter at the selection screen.

BTW, hi to you all I'm typing this from a condo in Higashi Gotanda. Anyway, I'll be back in the U.S. in a bit. Hope all is well with my favorite RDMs. /cheer

(hint: that's pretty much all the RDMs here)

Comment

Getting closer. 1245HP/1102MP with no food effects active.

With Marron Glace, I can push this to 1245/1167.

Need a Magnetic Earring from Apoc. Nigh to get within 3 points of 1200, and a Loquacious Earring in addition to that would get me easily to 1200+ Convert.

Icemage
                            Last edited by Icemage; 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                              Gah ... as a mithran, my ratio went to the gutter at the selection screen.

Not so much: Mithra actually have the 2nd highest MP in the game, and 2nd only to the Tarutaru, at that.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

And their MND doesn't suck ass..
                                The Tao of Ren

Comment

Working...
                                X