Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Ratio Fun

No Food.

And I don't own a lick of any of that fancy smancy End-Game Gear.

Edit:
    Yes, I'm broke. Leveling Clothcraft does that -_-
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Convert Ratio Fun

Thats a long time for a mog locker to be rented.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Yeah I dropped a stack of 99 in there because I was tired of not having access to it >_>
      The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Dude, you're like broke.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah, but thankfully, my sugarmommas keep me well fed.

Honestly though.. If it was up to my favorite Mithra MNK, I'd be half-naked when I {Cover} her, but she "likes a hard Taru better than a soft one."

This thread went to a different place.
          The Tao of Ren

Comment

Have you considered Intensifying Cape? It's from Assault, so it's not really fancy end-game item.
            Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
            RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

Yeah, but it's 200k.
              The Tao of Ren

Comment

It's a bit harder as an Elvaan, but I started carrying a few extra MP pieces around to swap in for Convert, so that I can cure to full after without losing much MP, then I switch back to my potency pieces. As /BLM I have about a 5:4 HP to MP ratio going when I swap in pieces to Convert.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

996mp that's very good. Personally, I came to the conclusion that all you need is 1k for convert ratio...anymore then that will generally go to waste since these days /whm is the standard. My current convert ratio is 1040mp...old areas I can go upto 1080mp as /whm but requires me carrying one extra item. And yeah, without food, I do have max mp merits (8/8 = 80mp). I will admit...it's nice to go /smn just to see how much mp you have...I think I have 1250...

Comment

Damn Tarus LoL...my 5:4 ratio is while using Marron Glace and swapping in 80-100 MP worth of gear
                    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

You don't "need" all that crazy endgame gear to get a fantastic convert ratio on RDM, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

I'm closing in on 1100/1100 with food. I need to pick up a Magnetic Earring and a Loquacious Earring to hit those figures as RDM/WHM at 75.

I'll see if I can post some pics later.

Icemage

Comment

what do you mean Convert ratio? and what is the point of switching gear just for convert?

Comment

To get more MP.

By Convert ratio they mean the ratio of HP to MP. If it's something like 1000/800 then that's 200 MP that went to waste because your max MP couldn't hold it. Ideally, max HP should equal max MP, but of course having 800/800 isn't any better than 1000/800. Basically, you want to bring the lower of the two up to par with the higher one.

Comment

I'm at 1030something as a Hume RDM with food, with the proper gear I should be able to hit at least 1100 as a RDM/BLM. As RDM/WHM I should be around 950+ with food.

But I don't know if that's good or bad nowadays.

Does anyone know what's the max Convert number with all the uber gear and whatever Race is the most apropiate?
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Zenith's is my best friend when I convert >.> but I'm a damn elvaan, and I really dont think I could hit near 1:1 without "endgame" gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X