Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Strange Maat Strategy--Can it be Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Strange Maat Strategy--Can it be Done?

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
    People who go 1/1 don't always appreciate this, because they only see what did happen, not what could have happened.
    That's actually a very good point. Nice post.

In my defense, it wasn't just my fight I was basing it off of. I went 1/1, yes, but I gave 2 friends the same strategy who were both 0/10+ using a different one, and both went 1/1 using it.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Sorry to necro, but just to be clear, no melee in this fight right?
      Current Server: Asura
      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Not traditionally. Sleep Nuke is the way to go. Solo your Testimony from Ruby Quadav and you'll get enough general practice.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yes, based on what I'm seeing here, it only proves my theory that the RDM Maat fight is all pure luck. I know awesome Red Mages who are 0/25+ and I know some who are just awful and are 1/1. It's not always about skill (don't misunderstand, you need skill to survive, but alot of times, luck is huge).

You could be like me and fight him three times, get drunk, pee on your motherboard and just level another job. I wiped the floor with Maat as DRK, but I am humble and refuse to bring RDM beyond 70 until I can beat him as RDM. If I can't win as RDM, then I shouldn't be one.
          [Raging Fists][Jerkin][Galka][Polearm]!
          [Cloth][Can I have it?]
          'Auto-Translate... fun while waiting for Dynamis to start.'

Comment

All Maats are largely luck.

My first Character fought him as MNK, which is supposedly an easy one. Easy or not, if you get Asuran Fists as soon as Maat has 100tp, while he's 100 fisting you, you lose. He did that 5/6 times to me.

On my other character, on bst, on the other hand, he called the squishiest, weakest possible pet. Used Shoulder Tackle on my pet, I killed his pet in seconds, turned to him, 1 rampage and it was over. If he had called a beetle or tiger, and used Asuran Fists on my pet, it could have been a pretty dangerous fight. But I got lucky and it was absurdly easy.

As long as you're not completely inept: Luck > skill vs Maat. So don't feel bad if you're struggling.
            That said, watching some Maat videos on youtube makes me /facepalm, and marvel that not only are some people completely terrible, they are stupid enough to share their stupidity with the world.

Comment

That must mean you've watched my Maat fight...
              To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Working...
              X