X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM Maat

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    Ruby is pretty safe.
    Yeah. None of the RDM Testimony droppers are really what I'd call difficult.

Comment

I never had any real problem with the drop rate on the pots. Note above how many testies I had to get All from pots in Uggalepih, and only one was courtesy of a THF. Twice I took a WHM/NIN with me and duoed the pots--be aware that a WHM/NIN with Darksteel Mauls +1 will put you to shame damage-wise vs. pots.

If you read my original posts, I did bite it once due to paralysis in a similar manner to the way you did, except iirc it ate Chainspell and maybe Convert, too.

Comment

Paralyze won't eat your two hour. It will proc, but you won't lose the timer.

Comment

Either way... I died. I did not know that, however.

Comment

Getting hit with Paralyze during that fight really sucks, so I totally understand.^^

Comment

Using the information from Sabaron's thread here, was able to finally beat Maat at 1/7.

For 6 battles, I was CS-Nuking start of fight and getting beat out either by paralyze, a wayward Ashuran Fists, or very bad timing on my part.

Before the 7th fight, I came back and read this thread and talked w/my crazy-taru-RDM-friend about the battle (he had been gone on vacation) and he suggested to use both methods where needed, as well as Bind/Grav/Silence.

So, basically, I started out the 7th fight as such: (Went on Fire's day this time)

Buffed to full (Proc4,Shel4,SS,Blink,Phalx,IceSpk) while Maat buffed up himself.

Cast Dispel to try to get a chance to erase his Blink and his Blink 1 ate it. Kept using dispel a few times until Blink was fully down then Slept 2 him (tanking this whole time). It stuck. Dispelled further everything else he had until it was nothing. Used a Vile Elixir to get MP back up to around near full (MP Max for battle was 698 and got it back to around 600ish).

Started Chainspell+Nuke, cast Bind/Grav and my first Aero 3.... did around 300ish damage. (Using plain Wind staff, no Uggalepih Pendant.) Tried to cast Silence but it failed, but Maat was still bound. So at this point, kept spamming Aero 3 for 3 more times. His Bind had already broke, but he was Grav'ed and came at me and then Chainspelled and was using things like Water 3. Well Bind'ed him again and it stuck and ran out of melee range.... cast the rest of my remaining MP on Aero 3's to try to finish him off and got down to around 20ish mp and no blink/ss up.

So, I got scared and didn't convert. I had a Vile Elixir +1 on me left, so basically I used that and got back around 400ish MP, Cured back to full............... and ended up casting about 2 more Aero 3's before the battle stopped and the screen blacked out and I was starting at the BC exit w/a warp scroll in hand.

I let out this enormous sigh of relief! lol and finished off by saying "GOD THAT WAS ANNOYING."

In the aftermath, I realized that I could have Slept 2 and Converted instead of using the Vile Elixir +1. But, with all the adrenline pumping and the notion of wanting to play it safe, I decided in the split second now to go that route and just get the battle over asap.

So, all in all, the Grav/Bind was useful for keeping Maat out of melee range. Had I been able to stick a silence on him, he pretty much would have been rended null and void in his strategy. My friend said he was able to stick all 3 debuffs on Maat and it worked out for him. However, he did the battle appx 12 times or so about 2 years ago.

All in all, I'm glad for forums and posts where we can share our woes and our victories. Stuff like this helped me get an edge on things, ... like my Maat fight lol.

By the way, figured out that the pots in the Temple of Uggalepih, the place where THF's camp Sozu Rogberry, is a goldmine for RDM. Test. It's quite easily soloable there if you have high to capped Sword skill.... (actually skilled mine from 190-202 while getting test's.) It's alot easier, safe, and easier to get to, than trapsing all the way down to Qulun Dome and fighting Ruby Quadavs. There's just too many things to link around down there and its not worth the trouble.

The drop rate on the pots was very good.... and this is as solo RDM/NIN.

BTW, the battle took 4min 28sec and the server record was 1:30 something.
              Last edited by Shinhiryu_Kage; 03-08-2007, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinhiryu_Kage View Post
                By the way, figured out that the pots in the Temple of Uggalepih, the place where THF's camp Sozu Rogberry, is a goldmine for RDM. Test. It's quite easily soloable there if you have high to capped Sword skill.... (actually skilled mine from 190-202 while getting test's.) It's alot easier, safe, and easier to get to, than trapsing all the way down to Qulun Dome and fighting Ruby Quadavs. There's just too many things to link around down there and its not worth the trouble.

The drop rate on the pots was very good.... and this is as solo RDM/NIN.
                I got 2 of my testimonies from these pots, but both times I had a THF help me. I tried soloing them a few times, but found that frustrating because the fights took forever. The nice thing about this area, is that there were always level 70+ Thiefs camping Sozu Rogberry and they were willing to help me while waiting for their NM. However, when I was getting tests, Rogberry was a lottery pop, whereas now he's spawned by trading a rare/ex item dropped by Pursuers & Trailers. So it may be more difficult getting them to help now.

My other 5 tests were from the Rubys. The thing I liked about Qulun Dome is that you can get into (or form) a testimony farming party, since PAL, THF, WAR, DRK, BLM & WHM tests drop there too.
                (Saiph on Sylph server)
                90BLU,90WHM,90DRK,90RDM,90PLD,90BLM,90WAR,90DRG,70THF,70SAM,
                70MNK,70NIN,70RNG,70BST,66SMN,66BRD,60DNC,60SCH,60COR,60PUP

Comment

Working...
                X