This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking equips

Ok I'm not one to check people's equips unless I see a valid reason to. Well I saw a valid reason to the other day. The rdm wasn't landing stuff, and all in all, totally sucking. (I was a bit cranky too I guess. LOL) So I checked him and I was disgusted. As a rdm myself, I pride myself on the busy job we have and our value to the party. This guy made me just want to puke. >.< I never had top of the line gear but my gear was decent. I worked hard for what I had and I was proud of what I had. My gear is average and a few above average but nothing to crow about. This guy...........bleh.........here is this lvl 59 rdm's equips in an exp party:

Head: Silver Hairpin (lvl 20)
    Body: Royal Squire's Robe (lvl 40)
    Rings: 2 Ermites (lvl 10)
    Back: Cotton Cape (lvl 18)
    Neck: Justice Badge (lvl 7)
    Earrings: Signal Pearl and no other earring
    Waist: Friar's Rope (lvl 14)
    Legs: Hume RSE
    Feet: AF
    Hands: AF

I don't think I'm being too harsh to say this guy needs to get a clue. These are sub par equips and he is gimped. I know I would absolutely not pt with him in this gear again. It definately hurt the pt.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Checking equips

Could be a new gil seller. The old ones level new characters, or more characters in case they've been banned before, and usually have less than sub-par equipment. It's too bad that he'll get party invites just because he's a red mage.

Remeber to refresh the paladin!

Comment

No idea if he's a gilseller or not. I really don't follow who is or isn't. I guess I've not pt'd with gilsellers then either. LOL
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

{/cry} TGM
        {/comfort} TGM

I'm a perfectionist as RDM too. I went from Lv.39 to Lv.42 in the same the party. So I haven't bought Electrum rings/hairpin yet. I feel gimp just walking around like that! I helped PL a LS NIN to Lv.14 last night. Just going out into the world with out that required gear I felt odd. I'm about 10k from having the gil to buy all three, then off to kill for my Frog Trousers. (My AH items should have sold by the time I get back home!) Then I'll be ready to start leveling again!

I may look ugly, but I have MND+20 and INT+21 (w/ food), so I'd like to think I'm far from gimp.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

That is a pretty gimp set of equips.

The most important equipment are the set of staffs--need all of them. Not much excuse either since the prices on most aren't excessive, some are downright cheap. Makes a much bigger difference than anything else post lvl 51. If a rdm is lacking some key staffs... well, I won't want to PT, especially with a lacky nin tank.

For most races I like to see them pumped up in +MP gear so they can last between converts, with some mnd boosts for para, slow, and haste. AF hat and body would be next, then assorted stat boosts to skill, mnd, and int.

As long as a rdm has the set of staffs, AF (at the right levels), and a decent mp pool, I won't complain as long as they play the supoprt role well. Anything less I see as sub-par. If there is no other rdm/brd/whm/smn to pick up the slack (or are lacking too), then I politely give the pt a 20-30min notice to leave.

But, since I'm playing rdm now, that's rarely a problem haha.

Comment

hmmmm interesting he only updates equipment that can be seen visually. Like the AFs and RSE legs. At least he took the time to open coffer and kill darkspark for his hand AF lol.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I was in a EXP PT out in Eastern Altepa Desert and there was a RDM in our PT. Well, aside from not doing his job of dispelling and debuffing, he also had poor equipment. You didn't need to check him to see how poor:

Body: Scale Mail
              Hands: Scale Gauntlets
              Legs: Elvaan M RSE
              Feet: Elvaan M RSE
              Main: Some Iron sword looking thingy

And the rest I don't really know much of. Though, the RSE is probably the best of what he had. This was a 30-33 level EXP PT. And I was playing NIN in this group. Here's why the RDM's lack of debuffing was annoying me. By the time I can cast my 3rd debuff from NIN tools, all of my shadows disappear. So, I throw on another Utsusemi cast real quick and finish my debuffing. Not only now do I have to wait for the recast on Utsusemi, but my defbuffs get resisted fairly often compared to the RDM and WHM. So, I'm taking unnecessary damage (2nd Utsusemi wears off rather fast compared to the recast you need to wait on), the WHM is constantly running out of MP. And the RDM simply won't back down from meleeing and using Flat Blade.

If the RDM did their job, aside from assistant healing (Which he did alot of to try and help keep me alive) and DDing how he could with his sword, the WHM may be able to conserve more MP for more pulls. And I (NIN) wouldn't have to take so much of a beating.

The PT got to the point where I had decided to inform them that I'd leave. And I explained how there's no debuffing on the pulls. Immediately everyone volunteers to cast paralyze, blind, and slow. The RDM, the WHM, and the BLM. So, in the next pulls, I started to see repeats of these casts now -.- But the party got better and we were able to pull more often than earlier.
              Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
              Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

Body: Scale Mail
                Hands: Scale Gauntlets
                Legs: Elvaan M RSE
                Feet: Elvaan M RSE
                Main: Some Iron sword looking thingy
                Was probably the level 27(?) Brass scale set and a centurion's sword. Not too bad for lvl 30s.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Some pieces of non-essential gear I'm willing to let slide, but for RDM51+, Ice/Earth Staff are essential, and there's NO excuse for a level 59 RDM not having a Warlock's Tabard.

Icemage

Comment

I have to say Equips are not 100% important, the 51+ Staffs would be alot better use and the Warlocks Tabard is needed as any job that can have AF needs AF as soon as they hit that lvl. That being said, if he can land his Enfeebles and can still play his role in a party equips dont matter, I am unsure how he actually did but I am guess with thoes equips not well. I have had top of the line equips from day 1 as my LS is freakin awsome at helping me with so much but alot of people have a hard time finding help for AF and a harder time farming. He could even be lvling an "old" job he went back to cause he was board as his current.

Medalink

Comment

Originally posted by Medalink
                      That being said, if he can land his Enfeebles and can still play his role in a party equips dont matter, I am unsure how he actually did but I am guess with thoes equips not well.
                      Yes that was the problem. He was not landing his debuffs and constantly recasting them over and over. I guess he wanted to look like he was contributing. We were fighting gobs in Bibiki and he wasn't silencing the blm gobs at all. So when the whm wasn't busy he was trying to rip off some. He was hurting the pt, of that there was no doubt. I can understand cutting corners on some things but this guy astounded me. Though I'm loathe to do it, I now feel the urge to check people a bit more now. I doubt I will but this incident really opened my eyes.

Comment

Can't be any worse than the PLD I had once around level 56 who was using rice balls since "they give +2 VIT!".... or the WAR 62 using meat jerky... the list goes on and on. I'm not a gear snob, as long as people can do their jobs competently I really don't care what they wear, but there's some gear/food that's just so good that not having it really hurts performance, and that's where I draw the line.

Icemage

Comment

That being said, what's ideal gear and food for a RDM around level 55? I have the Crimson Blade(often traded out with Dark, Light, Wind, and Ice Staves), Strike Shield, Morion Tathlum, Gold Hairpin, Promis Badge, Morion Earring, Wizard's Earring, Tactician Magician's Coat, Warlock's Gloves, Ether Ring, Solace Ring, Gramary Cape, Royal Knight's Belt, Magic Cuisses, and the Warlock's Boots. I often eat Pumpkin Pies, but will use Sub-Zero Gelato if I can get my hands on it.

Any ideas on what I should replace/keep?

Comment

Sigh.. its sad how most of the posts in this forum are people complaining about a shitty RDM they partied with.

WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! Take it to your server forums atleast if you want to complain about someone or warn people about partying with him/her.

Comment

we are free to express out thoughts Keji ;o we're not living in a communist society.
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X