This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checking equips

Keji trying to turn FFXIonline into a communitst society.... Hum... Kinda scary isn't it Jei?

Down with communisim!

Errr >.>, Ok, I just took this to a really random new level.

Back on topic:

Yea, it seems like alot of the new-er people to FFXI don't care about gear at all =\
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

I've been wanting to go and level more but I'm still raising gil to get the best equipment for my level. I hate walking around looking like a gimp. It is sad when players don't care enough to do the best they can.
      You kill one man, your a murderer
      Kill many and your a conquerer
      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther
        That being said, what's ideal gear and food for a RDM around level 55? I have the Crimson Blade(often traded out with Dark, Light, Wind, and Ice Staves), Strike Shield, Morion Tathlum, Gold Hairpin, Promis Badge, Morion Earring, Wizard's Earring, Tactician Magician's Coat, Warlock's Gloves, Ether Ring, Solace Ring, Gramary Cape, Royal Knight's Belt, Magic Cuisses, and the Warlock's Boots. I often eat Pumpkin Pies, but will use Sub-Zero Gelato if I can get my hands on it.

Any ideas on what I should replace/keep?
        Personally I don't eat int or mp food, as int isn't terribly important, and mp is more effectively taken care of by equips. My all time favorite for fast killing pts or acting as main healer is ginger cookies. At some point you have enough base mp to last between converts, you just need a fast mp resting recovery. I find ginger cookies + refresh + darkstaff to provide enough to not bottleneck ~90% of PTs (usually other mage(s) run out at the same time anyway). It also gives some spare mp that you can burn to skillup divine or whatnot on occasion.

If the PT is well... not as proficient at killing I will use sweet rice cakes. It adds a bit of everything, and hard to go wrong with. Much less annoying than 3min cookies, slighly less resists, a little extra mp/hp resting, and cheap too.

Comment

Keji, TheGrandMom was just expressing how this person playing RDM isn't being a good RDM. In the RDM forum of course. She wasn't trying to tell everyone on Midgard, and across servers, to NOT INVITE this person.
          Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
          Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

63 rdm. I only have Ice/wind/dark staff. sold Thunder and fire staff because I didn't see much of a difference in nukes compared to using ice staff, and none of the debuffs I cast require those two staffs. Will spend on an earth staff (slow) and Light staff one day and that's it for the staves. No I'm not a cheapskate, but I carry alot of equipment for macros + food and I need at least 5 spaces for drops when I XP because I hate sorting inventory after every battle.

Double Post Edited:
            But yeah back to original post, that dude was probably a gil seller, did he talk much?
            Last edited by Ghostraven; 09-29-2005, 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally posted by SevIfrit
            we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
              we are free to express out thoughts Keji ;o we're not living in a communist society.
              Yeah but it's a letdown when I see the blinky light on RDM forum and go there to only see yet another "Bad RDM in party" topic...

Yeah everyones entitled to their thoughts, but whats so interesting about a shitty rdm in someones party? What good does it do anyone? I understand it's more of a "community" type thing, seeing as how I only see the same 15 or so people post, but you can't say its least bit annoying how the Red Mage forum is full of posts about x not refreshing or y not having this, etc etc.

Originally posted by Altae
              Keji, TheGrandMom was just expressing how this person playing RDM isn't being a good RDM. In the RDM forum of course. She wasn't trying to tell everyone on Midgard, and across servers, to NOT INVITE this person.
              My point is that what good does knowing that x on y server had crap armor/couldn't refresh/ etc. do the Red Mage community ? Isn't that what the Red Mage forum section is about? Sure everyone parties with a "challenged" person every once in a while, but theres no point in telling the RDM community about it, just to have them agree on the obvious fact that the person is retarded.

(Sorry TGM, this isn't an attack on you, but moreso at the posts, which I see as useless, in regards to someone not playing their class correctly. Please take no offence)
              Last edited by Keji; 09-29-2005, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keji
                My point is that what good does knowing that x on y server had crap armor/couldn't refresh/ etc. do the Red Mage community ? Isn't that what the Red Mage forum section is about? Sure everyone parties with a "challenged" person every once in a while, but theres no point in telling the RDM community about it, just to have them agree on the obvious fact that the person is retarded.
                There is a very good point to posting something like this. Notice my post had detail to it. It stated the person's lvl and all of the equips. It was widely agreed that most of these equips were unacceptable at this lvl because it was hurting his performance and that affects everyone in the pt. So when someone around this lvl comes to the forums and checks the thread they can compare their equips to the list. It also lets them know the community's feelings on the subject as well. So while you don't see it as beneficial, I do.

Ghostraven, he did not talk more than a few words. I guess he could be a gilseller but I don't talk in pt's often either. I wonder if people think I'm a gilseller..... LOL
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                  Ghostraven, he did not talk more than a few words. I guess he could be a gilseller but I don't talk in pt's often either. I wonder if people think I'm a gilseller..... LOL
                  .... which means now its ok to steal items from you and mpk you!!!! SWEEET!

(Sarcasm)

Comment

Pfft I don't have the uber equips or gil! I have a son and husband to support in game! LOL
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X