50-100 damage light blade and other funny things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50-100 damage light blade and other funny things

What do you get when you join a ZM party with two elitists who think they are 1337 but who don't really know anything? Lots of funny conversation!

First some party chat:

Some more party chat:

And finally my tell log:

Unfortunately I didn't catch the very beginning of the conversation since Al Zahbi is so heavily spammed and it was pushed out of my log.

Anyway, for anyone wishing to become a paladin, don't "stfu and do as you're told", instead you should think for yourself and do your homework because there is a risk the guy who you are talking to doesn't have a clue.
    Last edited by Maju; 09-22-2006, 11:15 AM.

Re: 50-100 damage light blade and other funny things

I don't get the point of this; you're mad at those people and you want to embarrass them in public or something?
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

LOL. Your only mistake was asking for input - should have just gone with your best judgment and not commented about it.

Besides, for a 75 PLD he knows squat. Been some time since I fought him, but I know I've seen Kam'lanaut's Light Blade hit 75 PLDs for quite a lot of damage (600+), so I don't know where this "50-100" figure is coming from from. It's fortunate that he doesn't use it often. and wastes a lot of time casting spells.

ZM8 and ZM14, and ZM16 are the one ones in the series that are even vaguely challenging. If you're still stuck on ZM8 send me a PM if you need a hand with it. He's pretty easy if you know what you're doing and have a handful of 75s (don't even need a full party, I've done it easily with 5 people before, and we had one person leeching at like level 52).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
        I don't get the point of this; you're mad at those people and you want to embarrass them in public or something?
        More amused than mad, but yes, I want to embarrass them in public. Is that a problem?

Icemage: Ah that's great. I have another 75 PLD in my LS who also needs it so I'll try to give you a tell when we try to make a PT.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
          Just level up to 60sh and do the ZM mission, then come back and add comments.

Comment

Well, a lot of people are like this in the game --- all you get is 'stfu' when you have a good intention to share knowledge or insight with them.

Instead, show them actual proof~
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Too many people like that. They read some guide in a forum, and take it as the Holy Bible for that job. Or they just do what others tell them to do, instead looking at reality and seeing what really needs done. It really sucks when these same people try to defend the position, but can't provide proof and just want to always be right.

Be like a Paladin.
              Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

Originally posted by csBahamut View Post
                Too many people like that. They read some guide in a forum, and take it as the Holy Bible for that job. Or they just do what others tell them to do, instead looking at reality and seeing what really needs done. It really sucks when these same people try to defend the position, but can't provide proof and just want to always be right.

Pfft, tell me about it. I go out a do a whole mess of tests with my character, testing out barrage and such with things I've found happening. Provided some of them with the actual results I got back and they still tell you 'stfu'. It's annoying as hell when they combat your tests with absolute crap. Start stating BS like "well /NIN is going to give you a LOT more accuracy then /WAR", complete utter BS when 1 off hand weapon with all the gear available only provides about a 3%-5% more in the grand scheme of how accuracy works that 3%-5% more is only going to equate .5%-1% difference.

Big whoop out of 100 shots /NIN is going to get 1 more in then I do provided our gear setup and food is focused towards accuracy. Then I had a person try to reason that x-bow using holy bolts can do 300 damage on it's additional effect, that I find impossible as far as I knew it seemed the additional effect peaks off around 80-90 damage.

Basically said **** it, sealed away my results. Let the idiots gawk at me when they see my results providing actual results while their BS spiffs out on them.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht View Post
                  Pfft, tell me about it. I go out a do a whole mess of tests with my character, testing out barrage and such with things I've found happening. Provided some of them with the actual results I got back and they still tell you 'stfu'. It's annoying as hell when they combat your tests with absolute crap. Start stating BS like "well /NIN is going to give you a LOT more accuracy then /WAR", complete utter BS when 1 off hand weapon with all the gear available only provides about a 3%-5% more in the grand scheme of how accuracy works that 3%-5% more is only going to equate .5%-1% difference.

Big whoop out of 100 shots /NIN is going to get 1 more in then I do provided our gear setup and food is focused towards accuracy. Then I had a person try to reason that x-bow using holy bolts can do 300 damage on it's additional effect, that I find impossible as far as I knew it seemed the additional effect peaks off around 80-90 damage.

Basically said **** it, sealed away my results. Let the idiots gawk at me when they see my results providing actual results while their BS spiffs out on them.
                  Can you share the results with me? :D I'm always curious about calculation formulas and damage with anything. And besides I like be more educated. You can PM me your tests and your writing reports. :D
                  Hacked on 9/9/09
                  FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                    Can you share the results with me? :D I'm always curious about calculation formulas and damage with anything. And besides I like be more educated. You can PM me your tests and your writing reports. :D
                    I'll think about it, still very PO'd with the responce an X-Social LS gave to my work. Yet many of them helped with it and to write it off a BS, just can't believe they could write off the work like that because it's results proved different then they were expecting.

Oh well either way I'm going to follow it and collect the gear needed as it states and see. If it works then I should be kicking the crap out of all those nay sayers, I'll definatly be laughing as I do it too.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht View Post
                      I'll think about it, still very PO'd with the responce an X-Social LS gave to my work. Yet many of them helped with it and to write it off a BS, just can't believe they could write off the work like that because it's results proved different then they were expecting.

Oh well either way I'm going to follow it and collect the gear needed as it states and see. If it works then I should be kicking the crap out of all those nay sayers, I'll definatly be laughing as I do it too.
                      Heheh, Macht (read Quincy) take a deep breath and tell us about your research, it sounds interesting.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

lol Maju that happens alot, as for me i got a WHM telling me why i'm using flame ring and not an additional woodsman ring (wth that WHM wanted anyway...) and a BLM telling me his impulse drive (said he's DRG75...) does 2K DMG to Heraldic imps which is BS.... Penta thrust won't go to 2K how will impulse drive do that x.x;
                        some ppl are just like that...

Dragoon
                        75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Comment

a common problem in this game (that's quite understandible, if intolerable) is that people somehow associate higher level with greater wisdom. Honestly, if someone has 6 melee jobs at level 75, they still prolly don't know anything about melee, they just LFG all the time and keep hitting stuff. Doing what they've known to do and know works, regardless of whether or not something else works better/more efficiently.

------Bragging moment--------
                          As of level 50, I knew more about this game than 98% of the people on my server I'd ever talked to. In fact, right now I can only think of 2 people who I considered well informed players. I still don't have a job @75, and I'm still smarter than most of them. >.> Thank you FFXIOnline!

-----------End brag--------------
                          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

The attached picture expresses my opinion on this matter. I seriously lol'd while viewing your screenshots. That's good stuff.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

I've seen that picture a million times and it always makes me laugh, thanks for that dirtyclown.

I needed it after reading those chat logs...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X