This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about jump

Hi I was wondering if you can still use the jump series of attacks with out a polearm. Thanks any response would be good, wondering if the case is that dragoon is a sub. I already looked for it but it didn't seem to come up. Thanks again.

Dabel

Comment

Yes you can use the jump ablilities without a polearm. I have done it personally with a one handed sword. As for asteroth's question i am not sure depends on if you would rather be a tank or a damage dealer.
      Returning to Vana'diel Nov. 7th SAM/WAR

Comment

i think i understand it all about the dragoon now...
        maybe i should switch to my level 30 war and do the drg quest..
        i have 2 questions though.....

1. when your wyvern dies,how does it come back?
        2. when you arent leveling your polearm skills,what should you train? or should you only stick with the polearm?

Comment

your Wvern is your 2 hour ability you can summon it every 2 hours... it doesnt go away for ages tho, so if you do well it survives over 2 hours

Weapons to use mainly are polearms and 2handed swords, but imo Polearms are the best as they are what Drg's excell in
          Novox - Midgardsormr ~Mentor~
          Co-Founder of The Knights Of Chaos Linkshell
          Galka
          Job: Dark Knight 40/Warrior 30

ffxichaos-ffxi website and linkshell!

Comment

I've gathered from other posts that another weapon to level is 2h club (staffs). The only reason for this, however, is for the occasional skeleton fight because lances suck agaisnt bones.

However, since lances suck against bone type enemies you should avoid fighting them altogether. So just stick with Polearms and avoid bone-type monsters while in exp parties (exp parties only fight bone type enemies at level 40 in Eldieme and a little later at level 60 I think, but both of these levelling grounds have alternatives )

However, I'm only level 29 DRG so this is second and third hand information...could a high level DRG verify my assertions plzzzz?
            Finally got Rank 5! *Sings the "I love my Airship Pass" song*

Comment

The only time a DRG is truly limited is 73-75, and even then there are options. Otherwise at all levels there is no real reason to fight bones and there are always plenty of alternatives. Most players don't really like fighting bones anyway in my experience and often level off bones if they literally have no where else to go due to areas being crowded.

Only other weapons worth skilling up to a DRG is Staff and Sword really. I'd value Sword more than Staff too, and neither has any real practical use in an exp setting.

Comment

Re: job

Originally posted by Asteroth
                do u think i shud be a paladin or dragoon cus i'm gonna be a tarutaru male n i want 2 no wot wud suit me best
                Paladin as you can sub WHM and keep hate like it was candy.

Basically repeating others but I am bored:

You can use Jump/High Jump/Super Jump with ANY weapon equipped... even bare fists.

You won't need to fight bones until the really high levels (around the Lv70 zone)

Apart from Polearm you should level up Sword for Spirits Within and Staff because IIRC it is the 2nd best weapon we can equip so it could get rid of the undead blues.

Your Wyvern is summoned using your 2hr ability "Call Wyvern" and can be Dismissed at any time using the Pet Commands.
                If you dismiss it at full health you can immediately summon it using your 2hr again.

Ta daa!
                ��Lv73ナイト��(゜▽゜) 日記: Click here

Comment

All gr8 info ppl been a big help, i've been looking @ alot of info on Drg's and thought i might be a Drg/Sam. Just wondering if any1 uses this combo if they like it and if it fits well.

Comment

Nice FAQ, though it needs updating due to the new patches (I didn't read the whole 6 pages).

But there is one flaw. Dragoons CAN do bones? Wanna know how? Should I tell you, hmmmm....yeah why not.

Its called the Bourdanasse (sp?). Guess what this baby does? bwahahaha.

Bourdanasse
                    Lvl 70
                    Dmg: 84
                    Delay: 480
                    Hidden effect: Hand to Hand damage

Whats that mean you say? Guess what. On those bones? You'll be hitting like a monk, not a dragoon. Smashing damage instead of piercing. Get my drift? that means no more 40-60 damage a hit, butmore like 80-100 damage a hit. Nice huh?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaeos
                      Nice FAQ, though it needs updating due to the new patches (I didn't read the whole 6 pages).

But there is one flaw. Dragoons CAN do bones? Wanna know how? Should I tell you, hmmmm....yeah why not.

Its called the Bourdanasse (sp?). Guess what this baby does? bwahahaha.

Bourdanasse
                      Lvl 70
                      Dmg: 84
                      Delay: 480
                      Hidden effect: Hand to Hand damage

Whats that mean you say? Guess what. On those bones? You'll be hitting like a monk, not a dragoon. Smashing damage instead of piercing. Get my drift? that means no more 40-60 damage a hit, butmore like 80-100 damage a hit. Nice huh?
                      http://ffxi.cogn.net/forums/showthre...threadid=47761
                      Mobile 2400+ @11.5x200MHz, 1.7v| NF7-S 2.0 | 2x512 Corsair pc3200
                      BFG FX6800 OC 128MB @350/700, 16x1,6vp | Antec True 430

Allakhazam Profile | ShirtNinjas Profile

Thanks to ShadowFlare for hosting my sig. FLaReTecH Forums

Comment

Updating? Oh yes, this baby needs some updating

Too bad I haven't played this game in like 6 months :sweat:

Funny thing is, I just cancelled my POL account about 5 minutes ago. I should have done that...oh, say, 6 months ago hehehe. That's 6,000 yen I'm not getting back.

Anyway, since I'm not up to snuff about a lot of the Dragoon stuff anymore, I don't think I'm really qualified to be giving out info, but I'm sure there are a whole bunch of other DRGs out there that can give out loads of advice.

Since this game came out in English, there are many resources out there where you can find out about FFXI. When I first wrote this FAQ, the NA version hadn't come out yet, so info was scarce. Well, ENGLISH info was scarce. All I did was plagiarize material from the Japanese sites

Hehe, well, copied, translated and then compiled, I guess. Anyway, happy hunting everyone!
                        http://rentahamster.blogspot.com/

Read my report on the FFXI Square Enix 2005 gaming event in Hawaii

Comment

Re: FAQ

Originally posted by Rent-A-Hamster
                          Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I don't want to lose TP by sitting down, but the only way for my wyvern to recover HP is for both of us to sit. Can I make it sit while I stand?
                          A: Nope.
                          UPDATE: YES YOU CAN. See Wyvern section of guide
                          NEW UPDATE: NO YOU CAN'T! "BUG" was "FIXED" Your Wyvern will DIE! Merry Christmas!!wwwww
                          OMFG!! that edit in red had me in stitches.. i copied it into LS xD
                          Crank dat Soulja boy..

Comment

Re: Dragoon Guide and FAQ

at what level can you become a dragon im gitting it FFXI from my pc in about 1 mouth and i have to start a new charter if you could please help me with this info i would be thankful

Comment

Originally posted by natwig
                              at what level can you become a dragon im gitting it FFXI from my pc in about 1 mouth and i have to start a new charter if you could please help me with this info i would be thankful
                              like all additional jobs, you first have to get to level 30 and then do a quest to unlock it.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

what is the quest like what do i need for the quest

Comment

Working...
                                X