Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY! go cobbi go cobbi i am an aspiring taru dragoon and im ready to follow in ur footsteps imma wait for ur "guide" to ask sum more questions...
    Visit the "Lunarian" forums at http://www.bwire.net/lunarian/index.php

Comment

HAHA . . . ive got yet again another question . . . ok for your dragons that you can sommon are they like a pet or do they have a sertain time youget them for and then they disapere??? answer that my friend and i wont have questions about that anymore
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt Katze
        Heh, I was just about to start writing mine when I saw this and got a tad discouraged.

I'll still work on my guide though, I'm just getting things organized first. But I plan to go in depth with all the posibilities a dragoon could have, since I see it as a very diverse job.

Just give me a bit, ne?

I had a bunch of info written down for myself personally before, and decided to organize it into guide so there wouldn't be so much confusion around the board. It doesn't have anything particularly spectacular in it, just basic info.

You are a more experienced dragoon than I, so you can provide lots more insight on things like AF and advanced strategies for very high level parties.

I think that you also have field tested a greater amount of different sub job combinations.

There still a boatload of information that you can provide, I'm looking forward to it ‚ª‚ñ‚΂ê?` /cheer cobbi
        http://rentahamster.blogspot.com/

Read my report on the FFXI Square Enix 2005 gaming event in Hawaii

Comment

Its about damn time someone created a topic like this for Dragoons.
          Thank you.
          KUPO! ^^.....Kupo? O_O...........kupo...

Comment

Would being a fully pledged healer drg/whm be ok? i mean after lvl 60. im sure u could get +mp stuff and drg would be healing too especially with af helmet. Also when u get to much hate u could super jump. u could also cure status with ws breath

Comment

it would be nice if someone answered :sweat: btw i mean im gonna go drg/war to lvl 60 then try subbin thf, war , sam , whm depending on party needs

Comment

Originally posted by NuLLiFy
                Would being a fully pledged healer drg/whm be ok? i mean after lvl 60. im sure u could get +mp stuff and drg would be healing too especially with af helmet. Also when u get to much hate u could super jump. u could also cure status with ws breath
                I don't know how doable it would be. Haven't tried it yet. I do know that it would be more feasible with an AF helmet. But remember this whole strategy rests upon your fragile wyvern not eating a couple area attacks and kicking the bucket.

I would think that this strategy would be better off for times in non-level up parties when you don't have any healers.

Comment

What's better for all-purpose mode, DRK or PLD? I mean, I can see the obvious merits to DRK in the form of increased damage plus hate-cancel jump plus wyvern healing, but it seems that you're not benefitting at all from the addition of magic. (Not that either /PLD or /DRK will get you a boatload of MP anyway, but if you can swing it, what's more helpful to the party, a randomly thrown-in nuke or a well-timed Curega?) Combined with the Wyvern's heal, a DRG/PLD, it seems, could seriously lighten the workload of the party's WHM. Plus increased defense means you can take more hits, so draw hate and WS your heart out, and hop up high if you get your ass in too much trouble. :sweat:

Ille deus Morpheus non est Morpheus de Matrice, sed Morpheus, deus somni et mutantis!

Comment

Not sure what's better between a DRK and PLD sub; I haven't tried either of them. Generally, however, DRK and PLD aren't very good subs regardless of the main job.

Your MP will be very poor. Even at level 60, a hume DRG/DRKorPLD will only have 65 MP. Compare that to a level 60 hume whm/blm who will have 514MP. You can increase your MP with expensive items, but it won't make that much of a difference.

As for nuking, even full blown DRKs can't nuke very well. Also consider that you are restricted to spells half your main's level, and that the DRG's INT stat is one of the worst in the game. I wouldn't consider two or three weak spells "nuking", because with a DRG/DRK's piss poor MP, that's as many you're gonna be able to cast before you are SOMP (Shit Outta Magic Points)

PLDs can't use curega. That is a WHM only spell.

Healing with the wyvern? Good thought, but remember that in all purpose mode, the prerequisite for the wyvern to do heal breath is that the HP of one or more of the people in the party is less than 25%. Now, in a conventional leveling party where you are fighting totetotes, waiting until someone is at less than 25% health before healing him or her is rather dangerous.

Remember that in a party, you should "know your role". A party full of members who are the best at very few things is always better than a party who can half-ass everything. Leave the ass-kicking to the DRG, and leave the majority of the healing to the WHM.

The only way I can possibly see using the wyvern healing breath in a regular level up party is by equipping the AF helmet and subbing RDM, BLM, or WHM. Even then, however, I'm not sure if that would be all that useful due to reduced attacking power because you're not subbing THF, WAR, or SAM.

I'm not at level 60 yet, and don't have the AF helmet, so I can't make any definate statements. Cobbi, however, has, so his analysis on this matter would be much more accurate than mine.

Comment

Thanks a bunch

I dont know what I would have done without this post. thank you so much for all the wonderful info!!!!!!
                      Lihain-Mithra/F~~~Ragnarok
                      ~WHM-46/SMN-25/DRG-16/BLM-15/WAR-11/BST-10/THF-8/

Mononokei-Mithra/F~~~Ragnarok
                      ~[b]THF-30/DRG-10/WAR-10

Mithral(deceased)-Mithra/F~~~Cactuar

Linkshells:
                      Kujata- Archknights
                      Ragnarok- Tears of Altana

You are a Dragoon now, jump to your future and dont look back.

Comment

since i just became a brand new DRAGOON i want to give this thread a big bump..

one of the best threads EVER made, bigup to everyone participating in this thread and to you hamster..

<-- loves his baby dragon, Azure :spin:

seriously.. the dragoon class is.. i mean.. i feel lonely whenever Azure leaves my side

Comment

Well, since the thread is stickied... you don't really need to bump it... but it's the thought that counts.
                          "Don't blame me, blame yourself... or God"

Comment

Ah

Nice. I am also going to be a tarutaru dragoon when i get the game. So, if you summon your baby dragon and it dies almost imediately, does that mean you have to wait 2 hours before you can summon it again???

If so, I at least hope they don't die or go away too easy or anything, 'cause it's the main reason I wanna be the class. I love having a pet!

Quote:
                            ---------

"Q: How long does my wyvern stay with me?
                            A: The only way your wyvern vanishes is if:

Your wyvern loses all of its HP and dies.
                            You die
                            You ride a chocobo.
                            You exit to POL in the field or in a dungeon. (If you logout, your wyvern won't disappear. If you go into a town first and then exit to POL, your wyvern won't disappear)
                            You change your main job.
                            You change your sub job."
                            ----------

Never played before, just gathering info.. What do you mean, exiting to POL in the field or dungeon? how does this work?

IF you ride a chocobo, it just goes away, like it dies?? That's kinda dumb...

Comment

If you lose it immediately, yes, you'll have to wait until your 2 hour's wait time is over to summon it again. Exiting to POL is exactly that, exiting to playonline. If you select it, you sit for 30 seconds, then you log out to POL. There you can check your mail and all that (even alt tab out, which is nice). And finally.. I don't know the exact details of the chocobo thing, but it won't affect you, too much.. when you're on a chocobo, you're either going to your leveling spot, or to a city, so you won't be using your wyvern for a bit anyway.

Comment

ok

Thanks a lot.

Though I do wish that the timer was less, like only 1 hour or something, I suppose it probably won't be toooo bad. Though, having not played the game, I have no idea.

Does anyone find the 2 hour thing really annoying? or normally does your dragon stay for a lot of the time?

Comment

Working...
                                X