Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue magic learning guide (1-30)

Originally posted by Impaction
    How do you get far enough into Harutoto Ruins to find the Four, Five, and Six cups? I ran around in there for an hour without finding any of them, just magical gizmo doors, which I suspect they're behind.
    Kafeen is half right, cardians (at least in level ranges we'd actually want to fight and defeat for skills), only occur in certain towers. Rather than go into the map names (Lily, Amarylis, etc), I'll just give you the locations, most of the maps connect so this is less confusing.

1. Tower in extreme North of East Sarutabaruta. You'll find 2s and 3s here. Two and Three of Swords are probably best for Bludgeon, they're PLD classed mobs and will tend to use WS more than the other three caster types.

2. Tower in SW corner of West Sarutabaruta. When I was learning WS, this one was less crowded, I guess less people know about it. You have from 2s all the way up to tens down here, depending on how far you want to go. Again, Swords are usually best for Bludgeon.

I'd advise against doing the tower Kafeen recommended in the NW corner of West Sarutabaruta, however... you got a whole crapload of 2nd tier gobs, a few slimes, and a bunch of ghouls in there. The only Cardians in that one are for Windy Missions, and trust me, no one wants to try learning a WS from the Queens.

"A lvl 73 Cardian readies Bludgeon"
    "You need a raise, and a change of underpants"

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Re: Blue magic learning guide (1-60)

With regards to pollen. We all know that pollen is bee-type mob's no. 2 annoying ability. no. 1 being final sting with a good chunk of hp left. Anyhow, I havent progressed for enough with blu to see the how pollen scales, but does it increase past recovering 30hp? bees can recover up to 200-300 hp at times, i dont know how fair it would be for a blu to recover that much with only 8 mp. can any blu in their 20-30s comment on this?
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

At lvl 25, my pollen heals 34 HP, and with mnd gear, my Healing breeze around 71 hp instead of 60 =)
        Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
        63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
        Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
          At lvl 25, my pollen heals 34 HP, and with mnd gear, my Healing breeze around 71 hp instead of 60 =)
          HI YOKO.
          Also, my Pollen still heals 34hp at level 39 now, so I think that's the cap for it. -_-;
          Only thing to look forward to is Magic Fruit ; ;

Comment

gah that's a suck.
            i think healing breeze ends up hitting around 130~? i remember seeing it on one of the demos SE released.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well, ive seen healing breeze do 130ish myself, but it was with divine seal, so i dunno if its just a coincidence, or if you can really bring it up as you lvl up Hiyas Tsikuro! Long time gone! You came back for BLU? XD!!
              Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
              63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
              Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Updated the OP to reflect the official information locus sourced stating clearing up the "Too Weak" confusion. No offense to Spazz who originally reported you could learn from TW, but I wanted to be sure not only that the system worked that way, but that it was supposed to work that way.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Having some trouble finishing the guide. Can anyone tell me what uses the skills Spinal Cleave, Enervation, and Tail Slap. My guesses are Qutrub, Merrow, and Orobon in that order.

Also, the abilities Firespit and Warm-up both appear to come from Mamool Ja. Is there anything else that uses either of those abilities, or are there two distinct breeds of Mamool Ja?

Double Post Edited:
                  Edited with the information I have concerning 61-75 blue magic. Lots of data is missing. Any contributions would be appreciated.
                  Last edited by Taskmage; 05-01-2006, 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Re: Blue magic learning guide

Tail Slap is Orobon if I remember correctly, it's the move they used with a harsh knock-back effect. Enervation is from the fire crawlers, very dangerous breath attack that hit me for 700 damage. I don't think I've seen Spinal Cleave yet...

Comment

Added Eruca and Orobon tentatively.

Comment

Dear Taskmage:

http://ff11wiki.rdy.jp/1045037374.html

Most the info you need is here - in Japanese though.
                        They're very wrong about the recast times of blue magic.
                        I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

I just wanted to ask how are you guys going to go learn frightful roar from those Tarus (sp?) in the aquaducts?

Comment

Thanks for the link. According to that site, Ennervation comes from Trolls, Tail Slap comes from Merrow, and Spinal Cleave from Qutrub.

2 blue magic each from Mamool Ja, Lamia, and Trolls. Are there two distinct types of Mamool Ja and Trolls that might each teach one skill, like Lamia/Merrow and Goblin/Moblin?

Comment

Something that's bugging me... Were did the idea that you can only learn 1 ability per mob type come about? It is not in the update info, I'm certain of that I checked before starting this post. So were did this concept that it is 1 ability per mob type of Gob, Yagudo, Crawler, etc...?

I mean the closest to types that the update notes get into is Bests, Vermin, Plantoid, Insect, Bird, Amorphs, Aquian, Demon, Dragon, Arcane, Undead, and Beastmen (The basic 12 types which all 12 even have an elemental color class). So why would abilities be further restricted that it would be 1 per mob type, any info on were this concept came to be would be nice.

Otherwise I only kind of half accept the idea, as far as learning Blue Magic. The idea I have though to learning it, makes sense that for you to learn an ability you've have to have sufficient stats in what that ability draws on. So for example Foot Kick seems to rely on Agility so maybe increasing your AGI would better the odds to learning it?

All speculations though for me, haven't had a chance to play the darn job yet. With everything I've been reading, I'm start to see what look like rumors coming up. To help the learning process of the job along I'd like to try and debunk suspicious rumors so we can hopefully get past them quick and get down to the heart of the jobs functions.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

The one blue magic per mob type thing is just a pattern we noticed. Karinya pointed out when I posted the first set that there were duplicate names between Quadav and Mandy skills and Hound and Crawler skills, and it turned out that the former were actually what taught the skills rather than what I had posted. As I tracked down the mob types that used each of the skills that were obtained from datamining it worked out that each mob type in the game contributed one and only one skill until I got to the new beastmen types.

Comment

Working...
                                X