Blue magic learning guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue magic learning guide (1-30)

In the main menu choose Magic > Blue Magic > Set Spells.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

How do you get far enough into Harutoto Ruins to find the Four, Five, and Six cups? I ran around in there for an hour without finding any of them, just magical gizmo doors, which I suspect they're behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
        In the main menu choose Magic > Blue Magic > Set Spells.
        Now do we have to be in mog house or somthing to change our set, or can we do that on the road?

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

On the road, but there's about a thirty seconds to one minute cooldown before you can use blue magic again.

Comment

Re: Blue magic learning guide (1-60)

Since there are evidently some blue mages out there that have absorbed the essence of a cheetah, I've updated the original post with additional blue magic up to level 60, as well as providing additional zones to learn earlier blue magic and clarifying some information where there was more than one breed of mob in the same family and zone. In each case I've tried to include targets that are as weak as possible while still giving experience at the listed level, mobs that are in the proper level range for an experience party at that level, and some middle ground targets for soloers who want more of a challenge or possibly skillup parties.

If you see any glaring errors or know of any good spots that aren't listed, please tell me so I can update the OP. /bow

Comment

Could always just get a BLU PT and learn them together

Comment

Another update. I was sifting through mob databases making a "last chance" list in case you miss a skill early on and found this:

Awful Eye - Bugard
                Bludgeon - Cardian
                Sheep Song - Sheep
                Blast Bomb - Warmachine
                Soporific - Flytrap
                Venom Shell - Urganite

With the above skills, you will reach a point where you are too high level to learn from any non-NM versions of their associated mob types. In the case of Sheep, Warmachines, and Cardians, the only way to learn their skills at that point is to spawn them in a BCNM fight: Hostile Herbivores, San d'Oria mission 7-2, and Royal Ramble or Windurst mission 9-2 respectively. The CoP mobs listed have regularly spawning NMs. So ... save yourself a lot of trouble and make sure you learn these while you can do so easily.

Comment

Three things to note when leveling blue is that:
                  1, You can learn abilitys even if your level is too low to currently use it, its just unlikely (never more than 5 levels below it seems)
                  2, If a mob uses a move on you and you die but raise before the end of a fight and the mob does not cast it again, you can not learn the move that fight.
                  3, Provoding your not at R0 and dont recover, no matter how laggy your game is it wont effect learning abilitys.

*edit* Also being in a party of BLU's or an xp party has no effect on chances of learning BLU spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                    How do you get far enough into Harutoto Ruins to find the Four, Five, and Six cups? I ran around in there for an hour without finding any of them, just magical gizmo doors, which I suspect they're behind.
                    You have to get the right tower, most enterences don't have them. Try the one in the North West of West Sarutabaruta.

Edit : Fixed, has a bit of a stupid momnent.
                    Last edited by Kafeen; 04-23-2006, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I'm not positive you will be able to learn blue magic in BCNMs anyway (including mission BCNMs), because you don't gain any experience.

However, as a last resort, you could use the caps that come with the recruitment program to limit your level to someone else's level, which is low enough to learn the skill. (Or, of course, you could intentionally delevel, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.)

There are also force-popped NMs in the Bugard and Uragnite families, namely Kurrea and Shen, so it's possible that you could learn from them (if they still use those abilities). You don't *have* to wait for a heavily camped timed pop.

There are high level sheep in Caedarva Mire, I think they are EP to 75, so you can cross sheep off the list. Flytraps too, I think. (Unless their TP move list is changed in TAU areas, in such a way that they no longer have the blue magic one... I doubt SE would do that in the same expansion they introduce blue magic, but who knows.)

The real dangers (of permanently missing a blue magic) are Cardian and Warmachine, which aren't that common to begin with and really are hard to find after a certain level - make sure you get those before 50 at the latest.

Edit: Do yourself a favor and learn Radiant Breath in Riverne, rather than trying to learn it from wyverns in RoZ areas which are all much higher levels. Jettatura *must* be learned in Riverne, so you're going there anyway.
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Being in a PT itself doesn't help, but when you get 6 BLU together and each of them get one mob, your chances go up

Comment

Another note to say that the other BLU in my LS (Tarino - *wave*) has learned a skill from a Too Weak monster, also I can confirm that Headbutt does indeed come from Quadavs.

Whether Mandys also let you learn it remains to be seen.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Updated, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchinko
                              Didn't it say they had to use it for you to learn it in the patch notes? Of course, one would almost expect something like this to be buggy when it first comes out.^^
                              ya buggy i know cause i learned power attack when bettle did another move and metalic body when crab did bubble shower
                              TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
                              WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
                              FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
                              FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Comment

SE has stated that it isnt possible to learn an ability off a mob that doesnt yeild XP so either they were mistaken or theres a glitch (which is possible).
                                Also mandys cant teach you head butt as you can only get 1 spell ability off each type of mob.

*Edit* The 4's 5's and 6's cardanians or what ever theyr called are in the tower in the south of west sarutabaruta!
                                Last edited by Deg; 04-27-2006, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X