Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maleficus VS HQ staves

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    I assume you mean 3 INT is roughly equivalent to 1 MAB, not that 3 INT gives 1 MAB.
    correct.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

For Blizzard V, 1 dINT = 2.299 damage, which is a 0.28% improvement over the V of 828. Inside Abyssea, with a MAB of 3.96, then +1 MAB is a 0.25% improvement and so 1 INT > 1 MAB. Outside Abyssea, with 1.96 MAB, +1 MAB is a 0.5% improvement, so 2 INT > 1 MAB. At lower levels, with less MAB, the ratio of 3 INT ~ 1 MAB would probably hold true.

Comment

Oh how I miss my Razed Ruins...
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So you're saying its closer to a 2/1 ratio inside abby?

Comment

I doubt the ratios are actually different inside Abyssea - it likely has more to do with the absurd levels of MAB & INT you can attain inside (and I don't mean with the Brew, just from Atma and Abyssite)
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So you're saying its closer to a 2/1 ratio inside abby?
              1/1 inside Abyssea, 2/1 outside with the MAB you listed.
              it likely has more to do with the absurd levels of MAB & INT you can attain inside (and I don't mean with the Brew, just from Atma and Abyssite)
              Yes. Adding 1 to a MAB of 300 is a smaller benefit than adding 1 to a MAB of 200.

Comment

That can't be right. 1/1? Something must be wrong. I hate to doubt your math but that would make my MaB adjustment 951*1.60*4.70~

Comment

I hate to doubt your math but that would make my MaB adjustment 951*1.60*4.70~
                  Why are you trying to convert INT to MAB? You should be factoring your INT into the spell's D value, not MAB.

Comment

I was cutting corners because I'm terrible at calculating for the D value when it comes to dINT and such. I'll feed you some numbers when I can get a hold of them and maybe you can run them to find an accurate value for D for me.

I believe my INT is around 100 at base racial and job values... and I have around 30 or so in gear. On top of that I have 50 from Cruor buffs and 30-50 from atmas. So assume for 210 INT overall.

Comment

You could use a range of mob INTs to do your calculations. From what I've heard mobs are still scaling their stats in parallel to us just like they always have(some just happen to be higher level than we are). When I ran numbers on Strendu Ring last week I calculated values based on mobs that had INT values of 75, 100 and 125, just so I could get a sense of how the damage was over a spread. It's not really the most concrete method of determining damage optimization, but it was a quick and dirty way to get some hard numbers to work with so I could calculate the formulas in full.

On the other hand, you're calculating for stuff in Abyssea and I have no idea how the base stats in there match up against their counterparts outside.
                      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                      Name: Drjones
                      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

What Cid said. You can just go by your base INT and add 1 for each level the mob is higher than you, you won't be too far off. The real trick is knowing your spell's soft cap (the point where it takes 2 INT to get +1 dINT) and hard cap on dINT.

Trying to establish equivalency between INT and MAB is problematic because if one changes, the equivalency changes. The equivalency would also change past the soft cap. And if you try to convert INT to MAB, you'd be artificially devaluing any additional real MAB you get. If your original damage is X, and you get a 20% damage boost from dINT and a 20% damage boost from MAB, then new damage = X * 1.20 * 1.20 = X*1.44, which is greater than 40%.
                        Last edited by Armando; 07-19-2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

intriguing. I'll do some more research on the soft and hard caps and calulate for the out of abyssea versions of mobs equal to me in level with a varrying amount of INT scores.

I think I made the formula correctly now...

Comment

Another thing to take into account is that 2 INT gives 1 M.Acc, and 1 M.Acc increases your mean damage by ~0.58%. For large quantities of INT, you gotta take that improvement in resist rates into account too and not just the max damage.

Comment

Fancy. I'll factor that into my formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                                Another thing to take into account is that 2 INT gives 1 M.Acc, and 1 M.Acc increases your mean damage by ~0.58%. For large quantities of INT, you gotta take that improvement in resist rates into account too and not just the max damage.
                                I know this is a month old but I just wanted to say that back in the 75 days this is why it was better to take a high INT build to Kirin than a high MAB build. Your overall DMG was much higher. I imagine the same holds true with some of the higher tier mobs in game now like Provinence Watcher.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X