Anyone ever think of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever think of this

I was just reading up on Berserkers and how they sort of resemble a beastmaster. If SE wants beastmaster more "party" friendly and other people want to start accepting them as good DD dont you think they should add Berserker abilities? Looks good on book to me

Re: Anyone ever think of this

BST already outparses any other job with equal/similar equipment/merits.

BST is not going to get any more powerful in the future that I can see. The only thing I can see is possibly a NPC sold uncapped melee jug, and even then, it could possibly make the job too powerful.

The only reason BST is not 'PT friendly' is because most people ignore BSTs until the BST is in their area taking 'their mobs'.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningDemon
      The only reason BST is not 'PT friendly' is because most people ignore BSTs until the BST is in their area taking 'their mobs'.
      yeah its true, not really party friendly even though we do the same amount of DD as war/nin, except you can add in C.C doing another 40-80 a swing. this is due to hatred of bst for the past 3 yrs, in the end nobody will forget the times we stole there exp mobs, were in there zone.

the only thing id like to see tweaked ability wise is call pet, i dont mind that HQ only stay out for 30 mins (even though i think it should be longer), my problem si the simple fact you can not zone with your called pet. drgs can do it, an pups can do it, but the bst cant. this has always bugged me.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

My problem is with CC being the only remotely affordable end-game jug. With CC out, we are not showing full DD potential which might turn people off. If Lars was even twice the price of CC, I would use him all the time, that is how good he is.

Comment

I remember them mentioning they wanted to use merits to unlock certain spells and abilities for some jobs. I would really like to see bst get some special meritable pet or have the ability to extend a jug duration.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
          Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
            yeah its true, not really party friendly even though we do the same amount of DD as war/nin, except you can add in C.C doing another 40-80 a swing.
            Ehhh... No, we don't. We do good damage, depending on equipment, and with a natural pet we can close the gap significantly and even surpass other DD often (CC's accuracy suffers at times). But, let's not delude ourselves over a few parser results from allakhazam. Besides that, we don't really tank either.

I think the bigger problem with our getting invites is misconception and uncertainty, rather than simply being ignored. Even with search comments, sometimes ppl don't know we're looking for a normal PT. And many people just aren't familiar with having a BST in PT, therefore become hesitant, not because they don't want to invite, but because they don't want to "experiment" on 4 other members' time.
            Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
            My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

After screwing around with my MNKs and other ppl on assualt missions and such and going /NIN, I have to say anyone who doubts a BST/NIN and pet outdamaging anything else, is nuts.
              The major part of the comparison is comparing with similar equipment. You can't compare a WAR/NIN with Ridill/Joytoy, unless you compare it to BST with Temperance/Ridill, and you can't compare a BST with crap for gear to a WAR, MNK, etc., with good gear. Other jobs have an easier time getting gears cause of the anti-BST sentiment everywhere, but when BST gets it, they are just as good as other jobs, and even better than them when you add in jug pet damage.

Last assault we did, we were plowing through some mobs and I (Haub, Swift, Haidate) was taking hate from our one MNK (Osode, Black Belt, Haidate, Turban, capped H2H) because of Temperance. The thing is, you can't compare on ITs anymore really, since ppl exp on VT/T now. And you can't compare on HNM because all jobs equally suck on them (except jug pets cause of how powerful SE made them).

Comment

Warriors are more of the berserkers than Bst. They use multiple weapons, excel at Great Axe and Axe. They can wear both light and heavy armor = gladiator type. Going Berserk, ignore their defence, going aggressive ignore their evasion. They go for fast kills rather than survivability.

Comment

BST can sub WAR, get DA, zerk, etc, as well as /NIN and offhand Temperance which is godly. Then add in pet damage and, rawr.

Comment

War will still out DD bst, but then again it will out DD all other DDs but mnk.

Comment

bst + berserk + pet = pwn.. seriously. but i do have to agree, warrior is more of a berserker just for the simple fact of berserk and Great axe. A real berserker is a Ranger type character, whom has one familiar(more like a drg), and excells in one - two axes. No job in ffxi is really like a berserker. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Perdurabo
                        War will still out DD bst, but then again it will out DD all other DDs but mnk.
                        Yes, but add in the pet. Thank you. I am fully confident in my ability to come damn close to equalling a WAR in damage, now that I have actually seen they numbers they put up in TP burn PTs and thought to myself....hey...that is barely more than what I would be doing if I was BST instead of BRD.

You have to compare them with equivilant equipment/merits. Yes, the WAR will hit for a little more damage on normal hits, toss in DA's now and then, and do a lot better on WSs. But the pet negates all that and puts BST ahead. I have done BST burn and WAR burn in sky, BST burn is faster.

Comment

No. Its simply not.

Warrior is a superior DD, even with the pet included. War out does a bst in DoT, and by a considerably margin in WS. In end game exp the chief goal is to kill swiftly, and as such pets don't get in nearly enough swings to close the gap on a warrior.

Furthermore, parsed evidence proves nothing unless you have a parse of a bst in a war burn with 3 other competent DDs, a brd and rdm (seeing as this is the example that most end game exp falls under).

The problem with most parses, is the % damage you are dealing is only relative to the other DDs in your party. Comparing bst damage to a shitty warrior is obviously going to skew the parse, just as comparing a pimped war to a gimpy bst will skew it.

Regardless of all this, the bottom line is that a warrior will out DD a bst because their WS are more damaging by a considerable margin, and their DoT is superior to a BSTs. This is compounded by the fact that because of war traits, ie: Aggressor/Berserk, they can put in more haste gear, meaning more swings, meaning more rampages, meaning even larger gaps in the parsed damage which the bst can't cover because moving in haste for acc/attk gear will gimp their DoT massively with their already low attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdurabo
                            No. Its simply not.

Warrior is a superior DD, even with the pet included. War out does a bst in DoT, and by a considerably margin in WS. In end game exp the chief goal is to kill swiftly, and as such pets don't get in nearly enough swings to close the gap on a warrior.

Furthermore, parsed evidence proves nothing unless you have a parse of a bst in a war burn with 3 other competent DDs, a brd and rdm (seeing as this is the example that most end game exp falls under).

The problem with most parses, is the % damage you are dealing is only relative to the other DDs in your party. Comparing bst damage to a shitty warrior is obviously going to skew the parse, just as comparing a pimped war to a gimpy bst will skew it.

Regardless of all this, the bottom line is that a warrior will out DD a bst because their WS are more damaging by a considerable margin, and their DoT is superior to a BSTs. This is compounded by the fact that because of war traits, ie: Aggressor/Berserk, they can put in more haste gear, meaning more swings, meaning more rampages, meaning even larger gaps in the parsed damage which the bst can't cover because moving in haste for acc/attk gear will gimp their DoT massively with their already low attack.
                            WAR is a superior DD - and it's a damn good thing for them too or they'd NEVER get parties! As far as I'm concerned WAR can have the better-DD-than-BST slot. If we could solo from one to 75 AND outdamage WAR in parties on a 100% basis (as stated above, good BST > crappy WAR) we'd see a quick 'adjustment' down the road.

And we all know how SE's adjustments go.... Rather than slightly decreasing our base attack power to allow war to outdamage us they'd probably do something like reduce all our weapon proficiency to C or below.

There's no reason to get upset about it - I sure as hell don't see warriors soloing Ts and VTs and living long.

-sam
                            "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Answer this then, why has all parsed data shown BST to beat out everything else, including WARs?

And BST can toss on Haste gear too, so I don't see a point in that arguement. I run with 9% haste until I get my turban, and my friend runs 16%, it's not that hard for BST to get haste gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X