is ninja a good sub for brd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is ninja a good sub for brd??

i was think of unlocking ninja to help my lvling go by faster for my brd but i wasnt sure if it was a good thing to do my lvl 75 brd friend he heard it was good but i have heard that it is not a good thing either?so if i can have a little advice about brd/nin like the "pro's" and "con's" would help alot thx for the help!!!if this is already posted then srry posting this!
    TK

Re: is ninja a good sub for brd??

Pro: You don't get hit by physical attacks.

Con: You never get attacked anyway as a bard.

Any questions?

Icemage

Comment

nin is a pretty catch-all sub for soloing. If you double mambo yourself I bet you're quite durable with utsusemi. That's probably the context that your friend was thinking of when he said it could be good.

In a party it's never going to be useful to you.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Bard is one of the worst solo jobs unless you have lots of godly gear (quite literally), and even then it's only "so-so". Takes forever to kill anything. You can outlast a lot of enemies, but you might die from falling asleep waiting for it to die. I don't see much point in being BRD/NIN even solo unless you're doing something odd like soloing easy missions or hunting for specific drops for quests or whatnot (in which case RDM/NIN is ever so much better).

Icemage

Comment

Well if it's a case of someone who only has one main and they're doing something that doesn't require a party or can't get a party for it ... yeah that's pretty much it. I've seen some quite decent soloing from a bard, but as you said his equipment was absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Taruking
            to help my lvling go by faster for my brd
            That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time...
            Generic Info!

Comment

Lol, yes i agree Tirrock. Wait till he starts playing DRG ;p
              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

for exp party, try /whm.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                I live to entertain!

Comment

id only sub /nin on my brd when im screwing around, also when its manaburn in krt,
                  thought whm would be better but i guess its brd/nin in that case~ :b
                  Hmmm, L33t Pullers at work!
                  [75NIN][75SAM] [75DRK] [75BRD] [71RDM] [65DRG]

Comment

yeah, bard is a boring job to lvl if you dont like casting same songs over...andover... random subs are fun <_< though im yet to try one lol
                    WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Anyone who says Bard is a boring job to level isn't playing it right. Bard is an extremely busy job when played correctly in an XP party.

Songs take so long to sing that you really have to plan every action 10-15 seconds ahead of time and make contingency plans if people move or enemies shift. Also, you always have to be aware of the area around the party if there are aggressives since you're often running to the edges of the camp area to get your songs on the right party members.

Icemage

Comment

From what I've read they seem to play like a cross between rdm and thf. Sounds like good fun to me.

I had the pleasure of partying with a few in the 30s and they were a tremendous boon to the party. It was like we were fighting Ts instead of ITs with the right buffs in place. Unfortunately, for the past 20 levels I've only played with two bards and those two bards might as well have been war/whm. They were bad. Keeping Ballad on was too much to ask, and the idea of landing different buffs on the tank was lost on them.

I'm afraid because of the rarity, bard has become another free ride to 75 job like ninja.

Comment

True story: I had the misfortune (!) to be in a party with TWO bards in a sky flamingo party a couple nights ago.

NIN/WAR, DRG/WAR, SAM/RNG, BRD/WHM, BRD/WHM, RDM/BLM(me)

You'd think with two bards I could at least get Ballad 90% of the time, but you'd be wrong... -.-.

Icemage

Comment

I'm afraid because of the rarity, bard has become another free ride to 75 job like ninja.
                            Brd is the origonal free ride to 75.

Sorry to hear about that party Icemage. I've found few brds are worth a party slot lately. Played right the job is a big help to the party. Played wrong, and they are a waste of a slot (like any job). So many seem to get high in the levels without knowing how to play the job.
                            Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Fair enough ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X