Job with the worst macros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job with the worst macros

On average, what job typically comes to the party with the most annoying macros?
    WAR
    4.72%
    MNK
    4.72%
    THF
    1.57%
    WHM
    8.66%
    BLM
    2.36%
    RDM
    11.02%
    PLD
    1.57%
    DRK
    11.02%
    BST
    3.15%
    RNG
    0.79%
    BRD
    5.51%
    SMN
    25.20%
    SAM
    2.36%
    DRG
    1.57%
    NIN
    7.87%
    BLU
    1.57%
    COR
    4.72%
    PUP
    1.57%

Re: Job with the worst macros

I'm pretty sure SMN wins hands down. But DRK could be the dark horse here (pun intended).

"LEVIATHAN, COME FROM YOUR WATERY RELM (sic) TO DROWN MY FOES IN YOUR WATERY WRATH" <call2>

Comment

Ninjas who have a macro for every single ninjutsu cast, or even worse, they have one and it's a Naruto macro <.<;

NIN: "I'M CASTING UTSUSEMI: ICHI! <(-(-(-(-_-)-)-)-)> SHADOW CLONE JUTSU! JUST TRY AND HIT ME NOW GOBLIN SMITHY! YOU CAN'T DO IT LOL, BELIEVE IT!"

*interuppted*

"I'M CASTING UTSUSEMI: ICHI! <(-(-(-(-_-)-)-)-)> SHADOW CLONE JUTSU! JUST TRY AND HIT ME NOW GOBLIN SMITHY! YOU CAN'T DO IT LOL, BELIEVE IT!"

"I'M CASTING UTSUSEMI: ICHI! <(-(-(-(-_-)-)-)-)> SHADOW CLONE JUTSU! JUST TRY AND HIT ME NOW GOBLIN SMITHY! YOU CAN'T DO IT LOL, BELIEVE IT!"

Comment

i find that any job can have very annoying macros. the macro spam i find most annoying are those put on spells cast quite often. like utsuemi, or provoke, or worse, the cure spell from WHM or RDM or BLM. i don't give a damn who you're casting cureII onto, nor do i care to know you're casting it six times every fight.

Comment

I'd say SMN wins. NINs do have those Utsusemi macros but it's not that often that they make lame Naruto/something else references. Although their copy-image pseudo-smiley is rather retarded. But yeah. SMN seems to have the most consistence in using stupid RP macros.

Comment

Red Mages can be pretty bad too. It's either "lolololol i'm converting nowz!!!! stun that bomb toos!!!" or nothing at all amirite?

</sarcasm>

Comment

DRK with all the goth macros.

far to many souleaters macros just piss me off.
              Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

Yeah SMNs have the worst macros by far, but horrific mention goes to DRKs and their /wrists macros, and to Tanks (be it NIN or PLD) and their Voke macros.

Of course every single jobs has players with really bad macros, but not as often as it is with those jobs.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I could see SMN, NIN and BLM right up there. But I gotta toss my vote in for MNK.

Not only do they have a job ability with a 15 second recast, but it's a job ability that they tend to keep using even in between battles! So there's a huge amount of potential for annoying /p -- and even /s and /em -- "flavor" to be coupled with a macro for Boost.

Add to that Asuran Fists. I don't mind seeing {Asuran Fists} {Just used it.} in /p chat. But I recall one MNK recently who had to put a <call> in there as well. Are they hoping to get the attention of one of the mages to start healing them immediately or something? I kept looking around for something actually important, like a linked mob or one that had spawned on top of us (we were at Mamool Ja Staging Point, roaming around the clearing). Seriously, healers aren't so stupid that they can't tell you're getting hit. You don't need to put <call>s into your WS macros.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

"This is my LAST RESORT" <call2>

Comment

Exactly what I came to say LyonheartLakshmi.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

DRK and LP go hand in hand. Dont get me wrong, I love LP but I hate it when I see the same damn sentance every 3 min from a DRK.

I'd rather see a fun macro from a smn knowing its gonna help me and the others out instead of seeing LP from a DRK and knowing that its just for himself.

In other words: SMN + macro = Party buff (good)
                        DRK + macro = Only for the individual so IDC!
                        Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

As a career WHM, I find that the most irritating macros come from SMN and WHM. Stupid MNKs that have flavor text on their Boost macro don't last long in the game, but people will "tolerate" a SMN that puts something moronic like "I choose YOU, Carbuncle!" in their summon macros as long as they're doing their job properly.

Icemage

Comment

I've made the most retarded THF macros on purpose, that you'll either love them or hate them.

Comment

I think because I am whm main, other whm with excessive party lines in their macro set annoy me no end, the only party line I think I have is in my sleep macro because it's the only spell that I would cast that everyone needs to know about.

A whm or main healer putting a /p line in a cure 1/2 macro (outside of the dunes perhaps) is like a DD hitting a macro to let the party know every time they hit the mob.

Generally higher than average annoying macros would probably be pullers with all those 'I'm gunna slap ya so HARD! mofo!!' rubbish pull macros especially pullers that miss a lot but most of all summoners.

The thing that gets me about summoners is not just the tooth grating content which is bad enough (especially if it's mis-spelled >< ) it's that it has to be there in every single command to their avatar. No...one....cares! It's distracting too, at least the puller is spamming their macro about doing the mobs momm last night only once per fight.
                              sigpic
                              Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Working...
                              X