If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Originally posted by Khevn Most likely if they raise the cap they will give the RDM new abilities to balance them out. omg PLD/NIN LVL80/40 now that just sounds delicious... ::drools::
I heard an old rumor that max lvl would be 255 people X_x
Anyways, don't you people thing square knows what it's doing? I bet they have something prepared like new skills that make a job unique, because for a game this ambitious it just makes sense, i would personally guess that lvl 75 ain't still nothing compared to what might come, and dont give me the 'but then where would we level up you buffon?' and my reply would probably be something like: 'hello, expansions are still coming on they're way and they probably will give you more monsters that give decent exp for people over lvl 75.'
Just my two cents even tho i dont play yet, but these facts just make sense <_<
signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine
yessir like someone mentioned earlier, the effect of Convert would be watered down. Just like SA/TA or, better yet, Souleater.
War/mnk using Chi Blast would be.... fun
But yes, I agree that some quested ja's would certainly be nice. These could serve not only to give the game new flavor, but to help balance out the jobs further.
"And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"
Actually, I'm very curious about the point-spend system they decided to introduce a couple of updates ago. Have any lvl75 players played with that at all?
I have to wonder if this is the first step to a system where they keep the level cap intact, but allow players at 75 the ability to greatly customize their characters past that point.
well...looking at everyone's ideas the thought of keeping the cap at 75 to me sounds like an awesome idea...so I put some thought into what I read and what I feel and here's kinda what I'm thinking now...
Add this merit point system...which I honestly believe as of now, is actually a test on Square's part for some future sytstem to be added later. This is mainly beacuse you only recive 5 points to distribute between HP and MP...and as we all know 5 points at that level isn't really gonna do anything for you. 7 stat points on the other hand is neat. :D
Add a whole new expansion of areas and enemies to fight.
ok...so all these people who spent months at 75 getting the most amazing equipment have a chance to go fight some new monsters and really test it out.
Problem with this is, if your character cannot get any stronger after merit points are added...how much harder can Square make the monsters? I imagine the HNM ones we have already are most definetely not pushovers. Is it even possible to make them stronger to the point that they are actually beatable beyond this?
so....
The Merit system comes into play....but changes so you aren't capped at 7 stats and 5 hp/mp points like in the newly added update.
With this you can totally customize your own character beyond level 75. You get to decide exactly how you wanna take on that level 90 mob. Want more evasion to dodge it's super fast Special? Build it up! :D You really really really want to be a Vicious White mage melee? Now you have a chance! Build up some strength and vitality and let Kirin have it! (this of course seems exaggerated....but it also sounds extremely fun to me.)
but after thinking about this....a new problem comes into place.....people have been level 75 for months...got a shit load of merit points....but have at the same time...been using all of the exact same abilities they've been using months ago to get to level 75. We Aren't gaining new abilites anymore at this point.
Sooooooooooooo
Like people said....add quests for new abilities...BUT! only make the abilty scrolls, glyphs whatevers useable once a certain amount of pretetermined stat points has been reached. Ie. Darks need 300 strength and 150 AGL to learn "Chaos Ripper" or something.
okay...so now we have a new problem....we're only adding stat points to fall into the shells of pretermined abilites and such....so we really aren't all that customizable...
So maybe add all sorts of abilites to earn that people might not even get. Maybe once our Dark here got "Chaos Ripper" he no longer has the ability to get the more magical based "Fairy Tinkle" ability...which requires a certain amount if INT points.
but then we have a new problem....People making characters that aren't strong enough to fight higher level monsters...beacuse they didn't specialize in certain abilities or charcteristics...or they spread out thier stat points to thinly across the board.
Simple enough! make merit points reversable! :D (I think they already are actually...not 100% sure thoguh. )
That way we can have really neat hybrids like White mages who specialize in Holy attack magic...Banish V's and Holy II's.
Eh...then again...I look back and read this, and it really makes the 1-75 levels sound llike one long ass training grind to the Real game....plus it also sounds too much like Diablo 2 =/
I think I'll just let Square handle this one actually....:p
I would like the cap to remain at 75, this Merit however seems like a nice idea, an idea I had was to recieve a second exp bar once you hit 75 and from this you can Exp not as a 0-100% ratio but as a raw number.
At which point you may visit a Npc (Chains of Promathia) who will give you bonus stats for how much saved Exp you have, you can increase Evasion, Accuracy, Stats.. ect and even HP.
This would allow the level to stay the same while still offering enough of a bonus to compete with strong NMs from a Alliance to a single Group setting.
Raise it if they want.. I'll be keeping my BLM sub thank you. I would love to have Conserve MP at my side. I'd be cheating myself if I subbed RDM only for refresh and convert. That is all RDM would give. To me that is very lacking. And what would I need 2 Fast casts for? Unless for those times I'd need to use Cure V.
Do not worry though SE isn't that stupid(we hope). If that occured, it be another reason given to people to not want a certain job in thier parties. And I'm highly against this.
Comment