No announcement yet.

.dat mining results - EPIC NEW STUFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .dat mining results - EPIC NEW STUFF!

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    Actually the mobs need to give exp to count.
    Hi2ulvlsync.

That must be an April Fools joke . WHMs are up down there with PUPs, BSTs and SMNs with jobs that you laughed at if you want to bring them to any sort of party. Heck before I stopped bothering to log into the game anymore (due to going a 6 month stretch without a single WHM invite) I was the only person in my LS left who was still a WHM main. All the others had moved on to RDM, SCh or picked up another job as a main.
    ...I have never seen a Whm get laughed out of any party, especially good Whms. As long as you can cure, haste and keep your MP up, you're gold. But I guess when the only thing you care about is Colibri merit camps, things can look a little skewed.

You also seem to forget that WHM/NIN has a considerable amount of downtime due to the lack of native MP regeneration. You tend to have to rest every 5 or 6 mobs because of the whole "Buffs and debuffs costing MP" thing.
    5 to 6 fights? That's a pretty decent rate to solo mobs compared to many other jobs. Considering you have access to not only the strongest one handed weapons, but the strongest one handed weaponskill, your fights will be much faster then most solo jobs. Though I wasn't aware utsu cost that much MP.

You didn't listen to my point. Why would even an average geared WHM take some of the gear from the last few updates over what they already have? The only useful things I can think of are the campaign only accessories since it's the only way WHMs can get merits anymore but even then they usually aren't worth the effort to obtain.
    Again, I don't really follow Whm specific gear, but I think a +15% curing Staff would be a pretty good item to have. Better then any other curing staff and absolutely free. There's also the fact that the Magian Clubs are Whm only, but everyone gets something from the Magian Trials, so they don't count mirite?

You're going to have to do your own research about the stuff you could use from last update though, the Evolith system is pretty in depth and expansive, but some of the potential magic bonuses for the Ebon/Ebur/Furia stuff look pretty nice. I know it's not "WHMONRY" and doesn't count to you, but there just might be some nice pieces you could make up with a little effort.

I love it when people constantly take things out of context because they can't come up with a decent retort. Micheal Moore would be proud. Though now you mention it WHMs having exclusive access to that +15% staff might make the playerbase actually look at a WHM a little longer before laughing them out of a party for a RDM or SCH.
    You said the staff "wasn't for WHM" because other classes could use it. What other context is there when you don't consider something your class could use as for your class, just because other jobs could use it? I don't know about you, but to just about everyone I know, Whm is still the best healing class in game, especially now with it's new spells and abilities, and a +15% healing staff will only make them better. You're crying that "WHM didn't get anything this update" when you got at least two very nice weapons (Highest dps club and highest cure+% staff). But you don't count the staff because other jobs can use it and you don't count the club since you apparently can't...well...count.

And your point is? Other than taking a comment completely out of context? Blunt is still the most common resistance and the damage modifiers for blunt damage against most targets in the game are much lower than other damage types: Damage Types - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
    Only THREE specific monsters resist blunt only and anything else that resists it also resists every other weapon type. And of those mobs that resist all weapon types, only three of them have slightly more resistance to blunt damage then other weapons (Ghosts, Slimes and Flans). So out of the entire game all of SIX monster types have a specifically high resistance to blunt damage. While it may be 'most common' (by two mob types), there's still more then enough different families of mobs that you could beat the crap out of and never see any kind of resistance. You're making a mountain out of a molehill with your complaints about mobs resisting blunt damage, because while it may be 'most' common, it's still not all that common.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

That must be an April Fools joke . WHMs are up down there with PUPs, BSTs and SMNs with jobs that you laughed at if you want to bring them to any sort of party.
      In the last couple of months, about half of my merit parties had WHMs. (I'm BRD almost exclusively for merits.) I know I personally prefer WHM over a RDM for a strong party at the Greater Colibri camp--Dia III is nifty and all, but Esuna is almost a must when chaining Wivres.

The second before last merit party, the best DD was PUP (with Automaton's output added, of course).

SMNs are very wanted in the Astral Flow parties, but the one I'm impressed with was the one soloing statues in Dynamis-Bastok. I also noticed on Tuesday that SMNs do really nice and consistent damage on Kirin, while my SCH was better off not wasting MP on heavily resisted nukes.

Oh, back to WHM--did I mention my Dynamis LS is looking for WHMs?

I want that staff for my SCH and RDM, but the WHM in my social LS took off without me since I had to go to Dynamis. He left to do the magian-whatever trial thing... with a SMN... Meh.

Anyway, with a staff that powerful as the prize, you think there won't be other WHM/RDM/SCH/SMN willing to join you to get through the trials?

In some ways, I almost wished WHMs were unpopular. My SCH frequently was passed over for invites during the climb to 75, due to all the WHMs and RDMs seeking at the same time...
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Finally started looking into the Trials of the M-thing... actually looking forward to doing this for the DNC dagger. That thing is proly one of the best off-hand weapon a DNC can have:

Athame
        (Dagger) All Races
        DMG: 31 Delay: 211
        Occasionally attacks twice
        Lv. 75 THF / BRD / DNC

Depending on how often that "occasionally attacks twice" actually procs, this might push Joytoy (D sword) outta the lime-light for DNC.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
          Finally started looking into the Trials of the M-thing... actually looking forward to doing this for the DNC dagger. That thing is proly one of the best off-hand weapon a DNC can have:

Athame
          (Dagger) All Races
          DMG: 31 Delay: 211
          Occasionally attacks twice
          Lv. 75 THF / BRD / DNC

Depending on how often that "occasionally attacks twice" actually procs, this might push Joytoy (D sword) outta the lime-light for DNC.

How many over-camped NM's how many times do you need to kill for that thing?
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
            I didn't have too much time to look into it before work. My buddy put the link on LS website cuz searching for Trial of M crap on wiki ain't working out for me very well... so didn't get a chance to read the actual trials part yet. Only the shiny at the end of the rope. I don't think they are gonna be that bad, personally. I mean once the Version Update fervor dies down a bit this is gonna be relatively ez... but take a long time. It's a grind. I figure I can either farm for a Adder Jambiya (1.5mil) or grind one o' these out.

I hope at some point SE allows other weapons besides Trial, Relic, and Mythic weapons. I'd love to be able to augment my Azoth, Hagun, Oni, and Soboro.

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
              For that absurdly beautiful weapon, you need to kill:

Nocuous Weapon x3
              Black Triple Stars x3
              Serra x3
              400 exp giving Arcana
              300 exp giving Hippogryphs
              and obtain 10 Eyes of Verthandi

For me, the only hard part would be the eyes, but if you have an HNMLS, that's not a problem at all seeing as you can pop her multiple times in multiple zones on the same day. The eyes also have a high drop rate, and sometimes come 2 at a time.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                400 exp giving Arcana
                300 exp giving Hippogryphs
                ... giving them what? *crosses fingers and hopes it's not head.

Comment

Feba's old avatar would help you out in that department, just ask him.
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Lets just say those trials will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Comment

i thought the eye was 100% but all the other stuff is not. an Eye dropped all 3 times for us. 1/3 on the Chr ring.
                      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Clubs have ALWAYS had a very high damage rating because you take a damage penalty against most targets due to blunt damage being the most common damage type resistance in the game.
                        A bit late to the party but this can't be the reason, because all clubs not named Perdu Wand have shit for DPS. If blunt were a commonly resisted type and Square wanted to offset that fact, then the DPS of clubs would have to be higher than the DPS of other weapons, so the DMG would have to be higher still or the Delay would have to be lower.

Comment

Proc rate on the Occasionally Attacks twice weapons is 40%ish. Test was done with the GKT one. Assuming the OAT is the same rate accross the board then, they are broken @ 40%, alot of those weapons are close to, if they don't outright, do more dmg than Relics.
                          Yes if you have dagger merits for thf and dnc, that OAT weapon just became the new offhand weapon of choice....hell for DNC even without Dagger merits, you lose 4 base dmg on the weapon when trading in your joyeuse for the dagger, but gain a ridiculus leap in ACC/ATK with the increased skill.

Comment

Heck before I stopped bothering to log into the game anymore (due to going a 6 month stretch without a single WHM invite) I was the only person in my LS left who was still a WHM main. All the others had moved on to RDM, SCh or picked up another job as a main.
                            This is going to change quick, fast, and in a hurry in the next six months, ya know . . .

/point avatar
                            /point title

Also, Magic Accuracy+10 Soulsaber do want. It's the sexiest part of the Murgleis, on a Longsword! No VNM drops required, either!
                            Last edited by Yellow Mage; 04-02-2010, 05:01 AM.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                              Proc rate on the Occasionally Attacks twice weapons is 40%ish. Test was done with the GKT one. Assuming the OAT is the same rate accross the board then, they are broken @ 40%, alot of those weapons are close to, if they don't outright, do more dmg than Relics.
                              Where? I saw at BG the 1st one was the Dagger, and the guy found it to be 40.6%

And no these things don't out damage relics.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Currently, Magian enhanced relics are still the best DPS weapons in game, even beating the high Dmg OAT weapons. Knowing that future updates will bring more Magian trials, and that the use of the "occasionally attacks 3-4 times" augments that were found in the dats haven't been applied to anything yet, it's safe to say future updates will make both current Magian weapons as well as Relics and Mythics much stronger.

Also, as Mal commented, tests on the knife show it's pretty close to the DPS of the Sirro knife as is, so if anything these weapons will equal top tier weapons, but not outright beat many of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X