No announcement yet.

.dat mining results - EPIC NEW STUFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .dat mining results - EPIC NEW STUFF!

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
    I think Mal and Dak were saying that they cost more than they are worth.
    Someone on the ffxiah page is saying the materials cost like 30k, and of course it's not an HQ, so there's a lot of room for the price to go down.

If one of these turns out to be worth it for me, I'll pass down my 9-drawer almirahs to my mules.
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
      Someone on the ffxiah page is saying the materials cost like 30k, and of course it's not an HQ, so there's a lot of room for the price to go down.
      That makes alot of sense, however it may be awhile for a price drop because 1 piece of furniture that gives 65 storage could possibly crash the furniture market if the price drops any lower than what it is. Either that or people will start trying to get a synergy group together to make their own. In that same breath possibly not since many people by now have probably already maxed out storage, so they'd only be doing it to save a few spaces.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
        Heh. If I had gil to spend to clutter up my Mog House with epics I would, but I'd rather just use the space for storage since the only thing I do in my Mog House is craft. Especially if I had the money to put in crafting items for Energy.
        Well to be fair, most of the "expensive" furniture I got I bought during a time where there was very little from the AH I wanted and could reasonably afford (cheapest 'upgrade' I could get was like 800k for Unicorn Boots or some crap) so I would just splurge on furniture. I invested way too much effort into my MH, but god damn it I do love that room. If XIV doesn't have some kind of personalized living space of each player I'm going to be super pissed.

Also, yea, if these things are cheap to make, their price will crash real fast.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

God damn it it's synergy not synthesis...

and it's up to 180~200k now on Bismark, gtfo.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
            Not only can they get a free 15% Cure Potency Staff, they also get some of the best single handed DPS weapons in game. Hell, the Mjollnir upgrade boosts the dmg by +8, making it into a 65 dmg one handed weapon. It ends up beating even the Excalibur in DPS.
            First read my post. I was talking about the .DAT mining. Name the last time White Mages got anything gear-wise from an update that was worth equipping.

Second everyone is getting something incredible from thr Magian stuff and all other staff weilding classes can use that staff so it's not really "for white mages". It's More "For Red mage and Scholar and those other jobs that we at SE think still try to heal but don't give a shit about".

Have you SEEN the Club Trial NMs? Stray Mary and Dune Widow (two NMs whose lifespans have never exeeded two minutes on my server), a Pixie NM that needs a full group to kill and can appear in one of 6 different zones and Lamprey Lord, an NM that WHMs can't solo.

And Clubs have ALWAYS had a very high damage rating because you take a damage penalty against most targets due to blunt damage being the most common damage type resistance in the game.

The Staff trials for the +15% Cure Potenct staff are even more idiotic:

Kill 100 Treants under a weather effect.
            Kill 100 Spiders under Fire, Lightning or Light weather.
            Kill 100 Arcana under Light Weather
            Kill 100 Beasts with Holy
            Get 10 Bottled Pixies

How many of those tasks are actually soloable by a WHM?
            Last edited by Firewind; 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Get 10 Bottled Pixies
              Looks like this whole Magian Weapon fiasco is beyond my ability to tolerate.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah, its shit.
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                  SHITE!
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                    And Clubs have ALWAYS had a very high damage rating because you take a damage penalty against most targets due to blunt damage being the most common damage type resistance in the game.
                    Wait, what? I wasn't aware there were mobs that specifically resist blunt apart from that 1 floor in Limbus. Seems weird too when you consider the majority of weapons in the game are slash damage.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

To be fair here, I think that the "under specific weather" condition can also be satsified by being that day. However, that's basically one hour out of every eight, and at least one of them you're probably going to be asleep IRL.

Still, SE is clearly using a dartboard for this shit.
                      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Wait, what? I wasn't aware there were mobs that specifically resist blunt apart from that 1 floor in Limbus. Seems weird too when you consider the majority of weapons in the game are slash damage.
                        Damage Types - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

If you look at the Modifiers the ones for Blunt damage are on average much, much lower and the lower ones more common than other weapon types.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

The NMs for the hand-to-hand don’t seem to be very ‘wanted’. The first 4-5 days I’d go there and randomly get invited to an alliance with up to 12 people ><. The H2hs are starting to die down now as there’s usually only 1-2 people there, if any.

If your camping sought after NMs, your best option is to let other campers know and tell them you have no problem if someone sets QM.
                          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                          -Verth (90) Completed!!
                          -Guttler (95) Completed!
                          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

First read my post. I was talking about the .DAT mining. Name the last time White Mages got anything gear-wise from an update that was worth equipping.
                            I can't really say since I don't follow Whm specific updates. But last update everyone got some fantastic gear, and the update before that everyone got some fantastic gear and the update before that everyone got some fantastic gear etc etc. Oh, and this update, everyone got some fantastic gear.

Second everyone is getting something incredible from thr Magian stuff and all other staff weilding classes can use that staff so it's not really "for white mages". It's More "For Red mage and Scholar and those other jobs that we at SE think still try to heal but don't give a shit about".
                            ...so it only counts if Whm is the only class to get good gear?

Have you SEEN the Club Trial NMs? Stray Mary and Dune Widow (two NMs whose lifespans have never exeeded two minutes on my server), a Pixie NM that needs a full group to kill and can appear in one of 6 different zones and Lamprey Lord, an NM that WHMs can't solo.
                            Your point? Everyone has to deal with the horribad Magian trial crap. How terrible.

I had no idea Dooms, Hecteyes and Leeches were most mobs in the game. Because those are the only mobs who have a specific resistance to blunt damage. All other mobs with damage resistance to blunt also resist other weapon types as well.

The Staff trials for the +15% Cure Potenct staff are even more idiotic:

Get 10 Bottled Pixies

How many of those tasks are actually soloable by a WHM?
                            The ironic parts are that A) Whm/Nin is actually one of the better solo jobs in the game and B) You don't have to solo anything and Whm is one job that never has a problem getting a party.

Trees in Jugner(even saplings count), Spiders in Altep, Arcana in Delkfutts, Beasts...anywhere...and Bottled Pixies? Really? THAT'S what you're complaining about? Hell, you even have a Trial where you can literally kill any mob you want. And you're complaining? The Curing staff upgrade looks like one of the easiest trial paths in the game. Stop bitching and gtfo.
                            Last edited by Ziero; 03-30-2010, 06:25 AM.
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Actually the mobs need to give exp to count.

The ironic parts are that A) Whm/Nin is actually one of the better solo jobs in the game and B) You don't have to solo anything and Whm is one job that never has a problem getting a party.
                              That must be an April Fools joke . WHMs are up down there with PUPs, BSTs and SMNs with jobs that you laughed at if you want to bring them to any sort of party. Heck before I stopped bothering to log into the game anymore (due to going a 6 month stretch without a single WHM invite) I was the only person in my LS left who was still a WHM main. All the others had moved on to RDM, SCh or picked up another job as a main.

You also seem to forget that WHM/NIN has a considerable amount of downtime due to the lack of native MP regeneration. You tend to have to rest every 5 or 6 mobs because of the whole "Buffs and debuffs costing MP" thing.

I can't really say since I don't follow Whm specific updates. But last update everyone got some fantastic gear, and the update before that everyone got some fantastic gear and the update before that everyone got some fantastic gear etc etc. Oh, and this update, everyone got some fantastic gear.
                              You didn't listen to my point. Why would even an average geared WHM take some of the gear from the last few updates over what they already have? The only useful things I can think of are the campaign only accessories since it's the only way WHMs can get merits anymore but even then they usually aren't worth the effort to obtain.

...so it only counts if Whm is the only class to get good gear?
                              I love it when people constantly take things out of context because they can't come up with a decent retort. Micheal Moore would be proud. Though now you mention it WHMs having exclusive access to that +15% staff might make the playerbase actually look at a WHM a little longer before laughing them out of a party for a RDM or SCH.

I had no idea Dooms, Hecteyes and Leeches were most mobs in the game. Because those are the only mobs who have a specific resistance to blunt damage. All other mobs with damage resistance to blunt also resist other weapon types as well.
                              And your point is? Other than taking a comment completely out of context? Blunt is still the most common resistance and the damage modifiers for blunt damage against most targets in the game are much lower than other damage types: Damage Types - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

a Pixie NM that needs a full group to kill and can appear in one of 6 different zones
                                i believe the NM pixie is in each of the 6 zones (meaning thiers 6 Skulds and 6 Ulr (sp)). If you can get a decent setup you can kill it many times a day.
                                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
                                X